if its me then yes
31%
 31%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 22

Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:50 am
muffinhead
Planet

Post subject: new moderator Reply with quote

I want to know everyones oponion on whether we need another mod or not. I personally think we do because there are moments (just like now) where husky hasnt been on and bill for less then 4 hours per day due to prior obligations and toyster ive never seen before.

So as much as i would like a new mod i dont know who would fit for the job. I remember when bill suggested milo as a mod as he was portuges or somthen. The only problem with him is that hes not commited.

Now I was thinking of somone unique and fits to a certain criterria ( sorry wrong spelling) that bill came up with in the milo topic. For unique I was thinking somone who could speak other languages or come from a popular gm country. I was also thinking of a girl as we have 3 males here and this game is hugely populated by women.

But most importantly if we have a new mod they need to be COMMITED. So with all this said i now want to hear other oponions and also some suggestions for moderator would be appriciated.

Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:57 am
meg
Planet

Post subject: Reply with quote

well ok i can say right away bill does a great job and husky has been trying to help out and toyster well she should step downor the new person could replace him either way. i agree there should be another mod to help out.

I do not think that the mod has to be female as the male mods are not bias or sexist (not saying thats what you were getting at either), the person just has to put the time in.

Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:15 pm
Bill2k06
Ex Moderator

im baffled by the fact some people have been here and voted but not commented?

i see 5 votes and only 3 comments,

I voted Yes.

the reason for it, is nothing to do with freeing up my time, or helping us out.

I still insist the same reasons as my last post about this.

we need the new mod to be either portuguese or brazilian , and able to put in minimum of 2 hrs a day (this is roughly how long a day i spend sorting problems) also the new mod, if they are a friend of everywhich (which i try to be) they need to be able to not give in to peer pressure of their friends.

For example, i am friends with near enough everyone on here, but everyone knows if they step out of line, i will enforce the letter of law from kreso.
an exmple of this myh own girlfriend, was being abusive to a fellow member so she got banned instantly for 14days, another , Helen, did a trade which i personally saw a team trade, and then reduced her points.

what im trying to say , is the person has to be ethical, but friendly, but able to assert themselves as and when needed.

Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:59 pm
mitz
Planetoid

well i didnt think i shoud have commentated as i only been playing for about a 2 weeks Laughing but been on these forum for about a month i think another mod would be good. toyster (i might be missing something) i have never seen him/her online before. Confused but from what i have seen i think another mod would be good and a mod like bill said woudl be even better!

Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:04 pm
carrieann06
Star

i know i said a while back we shouldnt have a new mod, but i now agree we do, bill does a great job and huskey is trying his best but i have only seen toyster on once in the last 6 months and that was yetserday, i know he has things to do like eveyone else does, but i think he should step down his role as mod, and i think a new bilingual mod should be agreed upon

Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:15 am
aussie
Ex Moderator

a new mod needs to be able to speak portugese/english.......many times these players have complaints but are unable to get their point across...........it may encourage them to learn english and to be more involved in gm community if they feel more included............3 months ago david could only say hello in english.........he speaks english rather well now.....and he enjoys the game more for he feels part of gm

as for toyster he should resign.........

aussie

Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:35 am
muffinhead
Planet

Well what languages does david speak? To me he seems to be the most perminate player from an anti english speaking country. He is also in the top 5 rankings. and toyster i have played for 2 months and NEVER seen him before so i think he shold step down.

Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:45 am
meg
Planet

he speaks english portuguese and spanish

Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:32 am
muffinhead
Planet

Well I would be happy for david as a mod. What about everyone else. The only thing is that i dont know if hed be willing to do the job or have enough time?

Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:43 am
bezma

I am for David, if he can and want ofcorse. He know how to speak with people ( new and old ones ). Language is not so important becouse we all ,some better some les , speak english . And i will teach him Croatian , Srbian , Bosnian , Montenegrian , Macedonian and Italien , if he wants ofcorse.( lol )
Glad to help BEZMA

Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:33 am
carrieann06
Star

bezma can you speak portuguese as the languages you just mentioned you can speak i think id vote for you! i also think david would be good but bezma knows alot more languages! hes always online! it would be easier for bezma to learn portuguese then david all them!

Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:43 am
muffinhead
Planet

Well plz dont take this offensivly bezma but i would be worried about the commitment factor. He might be on 2 months non-stop and never play again, while i cant c david doing that. Im also worried about how u would handle the power to band people. So personally it would be to much of a risk with bezma i mean this is comparing him to a bill or husky. Bezma u r a great person 4 the game and we all love u but personally a mod has to be fully trustworthy.

Well thats my 2 cents.

Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:55 am
Husky
Ex Moderator

muffinhead wrote:
a mod has to be fully trustworthy.

I agree with this. Sorry for not responding faster, but i was in a mini vacation, where i had no computer.
I'll keep my mouth shut, for the moment, because i have no ideea who can be a good mod. I'll come back with my thoughts as soon as i will have one person in mind. Wink

Husky - best dogs ever invented.

Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:59 am
muffinhead
Planet

Well when i put trustworthy, commited and can speak foriegn languages i get david so thats where i got that idea.

Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:21 pm
bezma

Sorry my dear friends but I have to meny sense of humor and that will kill me one day.
I woted for David and thats all i wonted to do. But I always wont to say something to make people laf. So I said that I will teach David Croatian ,Serbian ,Bosnian ,Montenegrian ,Macedonian and Italian. Those language are all , exept Italian, ex Yugoslav Repabliks language and they are the same or almost the same. That make only 3 languages that I know - English ,Italian and Croatian. ( with Yugoslavien language ).
Thanks carriann and muffy but i never bee and dont want to be a mod , like you said , Mod must be fully trustworthy and know how to handle with people .After all I am only 2 months on GM, and I can bee trustworthy, but I dont know, like Bill said, how to read post properly becouse my bad English.( I read well but i wrote bad ).
Sorry again and my vote stay for David.
BEZMA