Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Galactic Magnate General Discussion Right place for discussion
      All times are GMT  

Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:27 am
sim5
Planet

Post subject: Right place for discussion Reply with quote

CYN wrote:
Comments on a complaint should only be made by those involved. If you want to discuss anything you werent involved in use the other "general discussion" section.

totally agree with cyndi & all should try to stay away from "report,cheat & complaint section" those who r not involved

this will help mods to serve gm community in better way and for others who want to give suggestion or have any queries they can post in "general discussion section" where people can participate in healthy discussion regarding gm without being rude or insulting others, thats why this section was made by kreso

better coordination between mods & players will only make things better

cheers

No expectations, no disappointments.

Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:13 am
Nilo911
Moon

Post subject: Reply with quote

Im glad someone started a discussion like this.

Here is something I have been thinking about.

Where are the rules? I have read only Kreso's rules ( http://www.galacticmag.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=80 ), which apparently can be defined in various ways, and cant see any other rules. New players who come to this games have to figure out what are the other rules in order to play fairly.

For example:
-Its a 4p game.
-Start is 80.
-I have pink set, 1 green ,1 white,1 black,1 orange,1brown,1cyan,1blue,1red,1yellow and 200 cash.
-I have blocked all other sets in the game.
-Player A has 1 black, 1 white, 2 orange,2 reds and cash.
-Player B has 1 black, 1 white, 2 browns,1 blue and cash.
-Player C has 1 black, 1 white, 1 yellow,2 cyans,1 blue and 1200 cash.

It would benefit me if I sell green fast ,especially to Player C who has only 1200 cash and wont upgrade easily.So I sell it to Player C for 400 and upgrade my pink. Unfortunately there is a hidden rule that says ''Dont trade below base value before EC'', so a mod rules this trade as a cheat trade.

(The facts of the example have been upgraded at Wednesday, 7 April
1:47:58 p.m.)

Last edited by Nilo911 on Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:05 pm
CYN
Admin
Admin

Nilo if you only have 200 and sell it for 400 it costs you 600 to upgrade once and with start being 80 you will lose so much each time you pass start you will be out in couple rounds. Trading below value really shouldnt be done also depending on situation. If you are giving someone 3rd green for 400 that cannot happen and would be a cheat. This trade you are speaking of would defeat yourself. Here is a way to look at trading something below value, dont, if you are willing to take below value then auction it and let everyone have a chance at bidding on it.
All situations are different, how much credit do you have, how many players , how much money do they have, how much credit, who owns what...there are several factors and a rule cannot be simply stated on this.

ITS ALL GOOD

Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:28 pm
sim5
Planet

good & a very sensible question

if we take ur ur example the game is in such a situation where no way one can get monopoly without trading u
as start is 80 which is enough time for u to get cash to upgrade pink so that u can start getting income + u dont have to pay any rent as there is no monopoly on board
in this case selling green for 400 makes no sense because u r winning & according to a basic rule of trading both parties should get advantage in advance their position

as u havnt mentioned about how many whites & blacks ur holding which can play a important part as it can change the game situation situation

let say if u r not holding more than 1 white or 1 black & some1 has got 3 whites + 3 blacks or there r chances that he can get these cards by trading with others + he also got lot of cash with him then in that case he can beat u

because on 1 side ur depending on bonus to get cash to upgrade pink while on the other hand that person is getting ready income & adding to his cash reserves

in such a senario ur free to sell ur green even at 400 to some1 who dont have much required other 2 greens under his portfolio to make a green set neither he has good cash with him ,he may buy green from u for 400 for future trading to improve his chance depending on game senario

this may help u to get much needed cash to upgrade pink fast to make sure u get in better position than a person who has 3 whites + 3 blacks + cash which can beat pink set

u have raised a very good point about ''Dont trade below base value before EC''

there is no rule as such & it was only set by mods just to give a good example what can be a minimum value of a card

many gm players r confused because of this what is more worrying even if sometimes it make sense to trade below base value to advance their position they just refuse to trade only because of this factor which is the wrong way to play

if the game is in tight situation ur free to trade at whatever value u want keeping in mind trade should give advantage to both players in advancing their position after trade is conducted

thats why mods look at game situation before giving a judgement about a particular trade

No expectations, no disappointments.

Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:36 pm
Nilo911
Moon

CYN wrote:
Nilo if you only have 200 and sell it for 400 it costs you 600 to upgrade once and with start being 80 you will lose so much each time you pass start you will be out in couple rounds.

In that situation, I will not lose anything when I pass from start. I will earn cash each time I pass from start and get income of 100 from pinks.

I will also add more facts in my example shortly.

Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:48 pm
HHHfan
Moon

CYN wrote:
Nilo if you only have 200 and sell it for 400 it costs you 600 to upgrade once and with start being 80 you will lose so much each time you pass start you will be out in couple rounds. Trading below value really shouldnt be done also depending on situation. If you are giving someone 3rd green for 400 that cannot happen and would be a cheat. This trade you are speaking of would defeat yourself. Here is a way to look at trading something below value, dont, if you are willing to take below value then auction it and let everyone have a chance at bidding on it.
All situations are different, how much credit do you have, how many players , how much money do they have, how much credit, who owns what...there are several factors and a rule cannot be simply stated on this.
Right, but, somehow, it is legal to put the third green up for auction and let it go for next to nothing! This, somehow benefits the person who handed green over, but if you sell it for an upgrade its cheating, great rule interpretation! Actually, they are both cheating, or neither is cheating, if you asked me, its both a cheat!

Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:15 pm
theunknownamus

HHHfan wrote:
CYN wrote:
Right, but, somehow, it is legal to put the third green up for auction and let it go for next to nothing! This, somehow benefits the person who handed green over, but if you sell it for an upgrade its cheating, great rule interpretation! Actually, they are both cheating, or neither is cheating, if you asked me, its both a cheat!

I believe this should be put as it's own topic, which I will make shortly.