Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Galactic Magnate General Discussion What should be the 1st prize in tournament in your opinion
      All times are GMT  

What should be 1st prize in tournaments?
33%
 33%  [ 5 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
33%
 33%  [ 5 ]
33%
 33%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 15

Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:07 pm
Fort
Planet

Post subject: What should be the 1st prize in tournament in your opinion Reply with quote

Vote and post preferably with reasons Smile Remember prize was 20k 1 year back when highest account was 80k. Now that highest account is at 210k whats ur wish Smile

Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:16 pm
carrieann06
Star

Post subject: Reply with quote

i vote 50k, as it gives the fight for 1st a bit more excitement, we can win 20k by gettin luckin in a big game with davin n co,

Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:18 pm
Fort
Planet

Even i feel so, now a days, a rank 1 vs rank 2 makes a exchange of about 35k points. So unless prize is bit higher they wont be interested. Incidentally this time we have many old players coming back coz of 50k prize.

Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:28 pm
-Legend-

i vote 50k, will get people more involved in playing these tournements and people will also be more likely to pay more games to defend their position on the ranklist.

Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:23 pm
Husky
Ex Moderator

Voted for 30k.
It's enough for a player to win in a tournament.
Huge prizes will make the gap between the good players and the rest of them much bigger than it already is now.
If a player considers himself good, than not only the tournaments should be his targets to achieve points. Every game should be a challenge and if he is really good than the challenge will become a winning.

Wink

Husky - best dogs ever invented.

Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:15 pm
aussie
Ex Moderator

many old players have come back just for tournament because they dont have to play 3 games to qualify their highest accounts .....

since the changes to the game ...eg changing start of recess from -300 to -50 ....points are easier to gain...in fact that is when it was made possible for players to reach 100k

anyway ....i think 50k is a good incentive for 1st ...but 2nd 3rd and 4th should be much less...and i dont have a problem paying entry fee

Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:35 am
mikefuson
Planetoid

I voted 30k. Just the prestige of winning a tournament is enough. You played the best and won. Now you have bragging rights.
Mike

Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:42 am
Fort
Planet

Quote:
many old players have come back just for tournament because they dont have to play 3 games to qualify their highest accounts .....

nope, rule of 3 games was put up by bill as a experiment. there were 8 tournaments before that, and 3 tournaments after that, and the numbers which march tourney saw was highest among all.

Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:15 pm
-Legend-

i beleive higher prizes will encourage more players to play on higher accounts as there will be more players with higher points available to make a fair game for all, the sooner we get willing players who will play on their highest account, the sooner the game will progress,
half the high account players are idle, apearing once in a blue moon for a tournement, Why? because they cant find a fair game where the gain is equal to the risk,

in my opinion the more high point accounts in the game the better, Keep increasing those tourny prizes Smile

Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:36 pm
Best_Player
Planetoid

Post subject: yes Reply with quote

I voted for 60k for first place because it will make other players to rise to the other higher players. think about it when did you see top 10 in the ranking list coming to play a match. The answer is none, have you ask yourself why,, the Answer is because they are afraid to lose points to low account holder, so if we can get more points in tournament that will make other players to rise and the higher accounts holders. And the game will be fun again.

I think it will be good if we can even get a tournament every week.. or 2 weeks..
1. people are paying points to play.
2. It will be fun again to come to the lobby and get a 2 3 4 or 5 players game with 20000 points holders.
3. That will help stop players making more accounts.

Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:58 pm
Husky
Ex Moderator

This poll has no sence.
It's obviously that all want more points. This is like you ask a convict if, for his criminal act, he wants 1, 2 or 3 years of prison. What do you think he will answer?

Husky - best dogs ever invented.

Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:36 am
bezma2

Iam in agreance with Husky . To easy earned points for one day , sorry . I vote 30k becouse its the minimum for now ...Next time minimum will be 50k on other pole .. Remember people , this is a game for fun and not for something else...

Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:39 am
carrieann06
Star

and at end of day no matter what you pick, its down to the mod what the prize money is! fort might give out 50k on a 15points min entry, where husky might give 30 on a free entry, different people choose different options, i say make the tournies different each month, one month make it 15k entry with 50k points prize, then make it 0entry with 30k prize points,after so many tournies you will soon find out which is the better one

Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:03 am
Best_Player
Planetoid

Post subject: OH NO Reply with quote

That is not the case, for me i have more accounts and i dont want tournament points anyway because all my account are higher because am not afraid to play any player. But at the same time is hard for me to play games now because every time am in the lobby the other player are low points player and because of that i have to make a low account just to play a game and because i am a good player my account will just rise up easy. and now am stock up with plenty account.

bez if you not interested in the tournament it cool. but we want it. anyway it good for new players so they get to know more about the game and they will learn from big players like us. tell me when did you see top 10 players in the lobby waiting to play a game. the only top players i see playing in the lobby are fort, jonjony, helen, neogeo, -loser-, RAGZ11, and other players i cant remember. But it will be good if other player can get points from tournament and they will get more experience from playing other big players in the tournament. we want it on.....lol
PEACE AND LOVE... Laughing

Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:08 am
Fort
Planet

This was offered by bill as prizes in dec tournament,

Quote:
1st place = 48.5k
2nd place = 28.5k
3rd place = 18.5k
4th place = 8.5k

I offered after 3 months when obviously players are little higher,
Quote:
1st = 50k
2nd = 30k
3rd = 20k
4th = 10k

I was following a precedent, i didnt start it. If anyone says a difference of 1.5k makes to huge, i cant say anything. Prizes were 20k when top account was 80k. Thats about 1/4th of top account. Now top account is 210k, and going by that count prize should be even higher than 50k.