Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Galactic Magnate Strategy Consultations, collation & presentation of 2p strategies
      All times are GMT  

Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:40 am
judd
Planet

Post subject: Consultations, collation & presentation of 2p strategies Reply with quote

Hi all,

I'm going to put together a full 2p strategy for the whole community to enjoy and try to implement in to their game to enhance their chances of winning.

For this, I want PM's off players with their strategies in case they differ to mine. Then i will write up a full document with approaches to the game.

I generaly play with about 3/4 strategies in a game and change depending on how the first few purchases go, these will be fully explained once i write the document.

I want feed back from the likes fo David Nober, Sim, Cyou, Bill2k, Schon, Clauber etc so I can start collating the findings and pull it all together in to a comprehensive guidance document.

Looking forward to PM's on this.

Thanks

Judd

Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:37 pm
YAAAHOOOO3

Post subject: Reply with quote

Can it include the statistics and probabilities?

Thanks

Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:54 pm
judd
Planet

Sure, this is a collation of ideas from respected sources, im going to bring it together and structure the final documnet.

Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:37 pm
YAAAHOOOO3

Sweet!!! I cant wait to see it and implement the strategies. GM will soon become more competative when ppl see this.

Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:20 pm
toonz
Ex Moderator

Respected huh? Well im not wanted here... Gl Razz

Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:47 am
MrCrabbs

When you have the courage to play me, Judd, I might consider offering my 2p strategies. I might.

Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:42 pm
YAAAHOOOO3

hey! would anyone believe it if my original reply to this post disappeared? anyway can anyone please explain what the situation is with the previous 2 posts here?

Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:58 am
judd
Planet

Flamers my friend.

Any way, this subject is going to die unless someone sends some material through.

Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:19 pm
Magflag12
Moon

I am not very good but I will send some of my techniques I have used.
If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them.

Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:09 pm
YAAAHOOOO3

can anyone pls post any strategies for 2 player asap?

For example what beat what......

im sucking it up b/c i can never beat players w/scores >9K b/c apparently theres lots of smart ppl here and they know more then me Sad

Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:52 am
judd
Planet

yaaahhooooo if you see me in the loby, ill give you a game, it's not a straight what beats what,
e.g.
i could have orange all game and you get green when ec is -500 - i could win off the income of the orange alone(as ive made say 4k of income off you with it), its not just sets but also timing of acquisition.

Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:40 am
toonz
Ex Moderator

um... what i "try" to do is hav a steady income while my opponent works on getting 1 better than mine.. and hope i can make a better profit then them by the time they land theirs... then hav mre money when i try and trump them.

Like 2day I bought a white 4 1250, and they tried upping the other 1 to 1320 so they boought it, along with black for 900. Then i bought another white for 1300 and they buy purple. Then i buy green and my last white while they get the second purple. by the time the 3rd purple came i was up 1k in cash and had my 2nd green. so buy he time my last came around i was up to 6k and they had 2k 4 blacks and 2 reds so i got my last for 3k and had about $800. We had equal cash when the last red was hit... but he bought it 4 1k cus start was at 40. He ran ou of time 2 upgrade and i won no sweat Razz

Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:33 am
YAAAHOOOO3

toonz wrote:
um... what i "try" to do is hav a steady income while my opponent works on getting 1 better than mine.. and hope i can make a better profit then them by the time they land theirs... then hav mre money when i try and trump them.

ya ive defn noticed even if one tries to play with the objective of holding cash its a deathwish when the opponent is smart enough to go for the monopolies.......

the game probabilities always seem to lie with being able to obtain monopolies quickly esp if your oppenent is not

Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:36 am
YAAAHOOOO3

judd wrote:
yaaahhooooo if you see me in the loby, ill give you a game, it's not a straight what beats what,
e.g.
i could have orange all game and you get green when ec is -500 - i could win off the income of the orange alone(as ive made say 4k of income off you with it), its not just sets but also timing of acquisition.

k game on ,,except ive got to read through all these forum posts esp from Mag.... i guess i could keep trying to perfect on the spot thru game play but ive kinda given up on that.... whats your game user name? Ive seen you in the lobby before but i think ur score is too high on my low account.....

Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:49 am
ingeras
Moon

Dont want to lose this topic coz it is an important one for that i bring it back.
Judd i hope u still working on it...
Was a good idea to collate players strategies and to have a guidance document.
Hope that experienced players will help u with their strategies.
Thx to Magflag he was the only player who wrote something about 2p strategy.

Our greatest glory is not in never falling,but in rising every time we fall...(Confucius)