Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Report cheaters, and other complaints changes!
      All times are GMT  

should original punishments be kept?
yes use kreso's way
50%
 50%  [ 8 ]
no use forts way
50%
 50%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 16

Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:57 pm
carrieann06
Star

Post subject: changes! Reply with quote

i have nothin against fort bein a mod, he is great at it, but im concerned about him changin things,

first- he reduces ban times to 5-7 days for first offence after warnin and bein kicked, every other mod sticks to it!

second- for bad trades it has always been- 50% for sender 25% for reciever, now fort has changed this for what reason?

no offence but if ALL OTHER MODS can stick to it why cant you?

Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:01 pm
Fort
Planet

Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
carrieann06
first- he reduces ban times to 5-7 days for first offence after warnin and bein kicked, every other mod sticks to it!

Ans.
Quote:
Kreso
If they were really, seriously abusing others, not just a bad word here and there, then, by all means, give them a 5-15 day ban.

Also both me and farsouth felt 10 day ban for unwarned cases is bit too harsh. And i changed to 5 days for UNWARNED cases. Plz re read my post.

Quote:
second- for bad trades it has always been- 50% for sender 25% for reciever, now fort has changed this for what reason?

I will ask Kreso to review it as well.

Last edited by Fort on Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:16 pm; edited 2 times in total

Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:02 pm
carrieann06
Star

im not really bothered about the ban time! its the points changin im bothered about,

Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:03 pm
Bill2k06
Ex Moderator

for the moment i think we should stick to what we know and what we use as it is so successful on here, no need to make changes, as for awaiting kreso, usually anything regarding the changes kreso pm's me and then i relay to other mods, maybe he'll have his say soon we'll have to wait and see

Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:54 pm
Fort
Planet

I have requested Kreso to review it. Till we hear from him i will request all not to flame or spoil this useful thread.

Fort.

Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:49 pm
Fort
Planet

I find kreso speaking on two occasions.

Quote:
Cooperative play is considered cheating. There are two possibilities, applicable only when more than 3 players are playing:
a) Two players conducted a trade, where the trade is obviously advantageous only for one player.
b) During auction, a player didn't bid the price up despite that being obviously disadvantageous for him. The auction is then won by another player for obviously too low price.

Quote:
Ok, lets put this 2 rules:

1. in a 2-player game a trade can not be unfair.
2. otherwise, a trade is unfair if it is unfavorable for any of the two players involved in the trade.

Here, 'unfavorable' is defined as: decreases the expected points that the player will gain at game end.

The rationale behind this is: trades in 3+ player games are there so that trading partners can come to agreement where *both* profit (on the expense of other players which are not trading). If one player does not benefit from the trade, than it is assumed that he is helping out his trading partner, which should be interpreted as teaming.

Nothing in these posts say about who is bigger offender. I feel proposing / accepting a trade is just a mechanical mode of doing the trade. The person who throws the game intentionally is bigger offender in my opinion. And teaming can be actively constructed by friends or passive which is evolved as a result of happening during the game. I find passive teaming as minor offense as compared to active teaming.

My point of contention is i m free to limited extent to propose any trade which is favoring me. U cannot say why i ask for 1000 for a property when fair price is 500. If mere proposing a extremely favorable trade is made an offence, then atleast 50% of trade proposals will come up as reports. Its more a fault of person who throws the game, be it proposer or acceptor.

May be i m departing from existing rules. However i feel its better to debate it out for better definition of "unfair trades" than to hush up the matter as done till now.

Hope i m not offending anyone in community.

Fort.

Last edited by Fort on Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:02 pm
carrieann06
Star

ok debate about it, but at least stick to the known rules untill decided to change them!

and i still think ansu deserves a 50% points drop like everyone else he is no different

Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:32 pm
carrieann06
Star

im not sayin the rules fort is tryin to impose will be bad, they might work, but the ban should of been made like normal then a debate about it after, but untill the changes made by a unanamous vote then old rules should be kept

Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:38 pm
Fort
Planet

Nah, those trades were not what i call as "outright cheat" trades. Farsouth calls it as "just below the radar". With these opinions i cannot issue 50% point drops on him.

Anyway i have used this instance to debate out on better decisions. We cannot make up hypothetical situations for debates. So i guess its better to use these. I will request all to put forward their views regarding what i proposed.

Fort.

Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:24 pm
meg
Planet

No i think at this stage change is good, keep it up fort and mia

Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:48 pm
carrieann06
Star

b****x

Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:49 pm
meg
Planet

??

Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:49 pm
carrieann06
Star

if it was some noob noone would care and he would automaticaly get 50% points drop

Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:52 pm
meg
Planet

and if you werent in the game you wouldnt be cracking up now

Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:47 pm
Fort
Planet

carrieann06 wrote:
if it was some noob noone would care and he would automaticaly get 50% points drop

U really think i care for big names in GM? I was never afraid to speak up against anyone, when required. I am trying to make this place better by decent debate. There is nothing for anyone to get offended. Nor will i get offended if Kreso's verdict is not in favor of my proposed idea.

Three things i ignore while judging trades,
1.Names, u might have noticed i refer to players as P0 P1 etc instead of using names.
2.What happ after the trade, unless its series of bad trades / abuses.
3.Outcome of game.

In any case lets just refrain from flaming.

Fort.

Last edited by Fort on Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:54 am; edited 2 times in total