no, not changed at all
57%
 57%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 14

Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:54 pm
muffinhead
Planet

Post subject: Change Jail Please Kreso Reply with quote

Ok I have said many,many times jail should be changed but nothing has happened in those topics so this is my final subject on changing jail.
I am so sick of losing to jail and the worse thing is u can lose in many situations. I lost 10k today because i hit jail twice in a row and then didnt hav enough money to save myself as i had gone all out then hit jail. It can als make people lose in ec when ec is at -700 and the differnce between 3rd and 1st could be due to hitting jail 3 times in a row. Also someone could hav greens very early definate to win and then its jail 3 times in a row where his opponent lands on his greens 3 times but he is in jail, plus the money 4 passing jail so thats $2000 difference which can hugly change a game.

Now i honestly dont care how jail is changed as long as luck factor is reduced. It could just be 1 turn, another fortune,meteor,dormitory, bill centre (my favourite), a free extra roll, progress, credit increaser/decreaser, an opposite to start, ANYTHING to decrease luck factor. Id love even more sugestions if people have some.

So all up jail needs changing as it is the main luck factor in our game today and im really sick of it and i know others who r as well. So KRESO please change jail if possible unless u suggest otherwise for a good reason.

Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:17 pm
Bill2k06
Ex Moderator

Post subject: Reply with quote

with the new rules being introduced this week, and the games i have played i have noticed the luck facotr has changed ALOT and i think its for the better.

as it stands now, we all suffer the same fate eventually, so why dont we all just play the game and acceptt hat some games we'll be lucky and unlucky./

kreso must be fed up of us all whinging about stuff.

could you all imagine if he hadnt made any changes originally , then we'd all still be playing the original game and wouldnt have known that kreso can change the rules as often as he does.

so all im saying is, instead of changing things all the time , why dont we all learn to play the game as it is and try and to make the luck factor play into our hands instead of keep moaning about it .

Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:24 pm
muffinhead
Planet

Bill i played a game today with my big account with incredible unluck and losing 15k from doing everything i could possibly do. Now is that the way u want to play gm? Yes gm will all ways hav the luck of dice in it but ultimatly if there is somthing that can be done then y dont we do this. Besides this is the only thing i have gone on about becase it needs to change. U cant complain when u have been arguing somthing that barly influences luck factor (bonus). This is somthing im passionate 4 and im gonna try my best for the sake of gm.

Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:27 pm
Bill2k06
Ex Moderator

ok.

well on another point, if you are interested in hosting a 2 player tourny them PM me and we'll discuss it .

anyone that thinks they could do it , and wants a bit of advice or help, then i will help through the 1st 2p tournament but i wont have the time to do it all the time .

Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:41 pm
muffinhead
Planet

hahahaha u shouldve told me before i wasted all my time on that topic. Id love to host it (as long as i could play) and would enjoy it. Let me sleep on it as i proberly forgot all of this by morning lol.

Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:49 pm
aussie
Ex Moderator

I agree Bill the game seems more balanced since the new changes.....in my opinion the luck factor has decreased remarkedly.......as for jail...there's good and bad....we all suffer the same fate at one time or another.....but yeah leave the game as it is....it's way better than it was..........muff...we have all experienced what you did..........all i can say is life was not meant to be easy

aussie

Last edited by aussie on Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:50 pm
DavidNobre
Ex Moderator

i still thinking the jails need be reduced!!!

Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:13 am
muffinhead
Planet

I know the game has less luck factor but i hate winning and losing matches due to jail/luck. I also either get very lucky or very unlucky.

My luckiest moment was winning the previous tournament as every match i was dead and hung on to 2nd while in the final i won on just whites. It just didnt feel right though Sad

My unluckiest that i can remeber would hav to be a month ago in a 3p wih skunk where i was sure to win and he hit approx 5 jails,7 turns. I was so fustrated after that.

More recently would hav to be the time i played david where he hit purples so early, i had no money (i hit jail 2 times in a row so i couldnt gain any money) and from there could do absoultly nothing to win it back. Although that evens it up after i got very lucky in beting him previously lol.

But still luck is a thing i hate even if i win from it. I believe jail is the only thing which can make a person go from 5th to 2nd or vice versa. Thtas y i want it changed so this doesnt happen to me anymore.

Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:06 am
Bill2k06
Ex Moderator

like i said in previous post lets learn to live with it.
jail/luck is like karma, what goes around comes around.

just leave things how they are now

Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:00 am
muffinhead
Planet

I just dont undestand y u complained so much about bonus and here u r saying what goes around, comes around, well im sick of it and i dont c the point in play8ing if i lose to it.

Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:33 pm
Kreso
Game Developer

Well, there have been several changes in rules recently, so I would definitively like that this new rules stay for at least a month before changing anything. Any hasty changes are usually bad.

Jail was 'fixed' two times already:
- reduced number of turns in jail from 3 to 2
- made it that a player in jail doesn't receive royalties.

I think that amount of luck it introduces is tolerable. For comparison, if someone has fully upgraded green monopoly, the other player has about 40% chance to land on it each cycle around board. And miss or hit on green makes an instant 1000$ difference. 4 misses in row can change the outcome completely.

Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:04 am
muffinhead
Planet

Ok well since i got my response i will let it go for now. But still somthing needs to be done in the future.

Sun Dec 23, 2007 5:43 am
hrs111111
Planetoid

what about this......if you "land on jail",you dont get interest,.....but if u roll doubles thrice,then u must receive interest in jail?