Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Suggestions USE OF LANGUAGES OTHER THAN ENGLISH
      All times are GMT  

DO YOU THINK PLAYERS USING LANGUAGES OTHER THAN ENGLISH CHEAT AND ARE AT AN ADVANTAGE?
YES
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
NO
85%
 85%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 7

Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:49 pm
aussie
Ex Moderator

Post subject: Reply with quote

Bezna no offense.....but there are hundreds of players who can not speak english....you are lucky that you can speak a bit of english ......however to suggest that people only converse in english in the game would be seen as promoting an ethnocentric idealogy ....a dangerous practice.....such an action would strip many many players of their right to speak........stop being paranoid...............they do speak about other things in the game.....

aussie

Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:56 pm
bezma2

Whatever i wrote there is always ; No offence Bezma .... Bezma you wrong....What is this. All my posts are my opinions .Opinions of one player who come here to play and make some friends.
Yes, there are hundreds of players who can not speak english but, there are a milions and milions of them who can.When i said english is a world language did I said somthing wrong? I think today, 90% of population have english in schools and colegis. Its for today and for future generations.Whitout english you hardly can use computers.If players on GM want to chat in their own language they can do that on lobby ( or go to msn ) but not in the game,The game is for game and not for chat.We do that in game only if we kidding and making jokes while playing and thats all. And that we do that in english.
And helen , iam the last man in the world who are going to bee paranoid.You know mee better than that.
What ethnocentric idealogy ? Dangerous practice ?
If I am not an etnoman ,who is.
BEZMA

Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:58 pm
Kreso
Game Developer

"recommend that languages other than english be banned. "

That's not offensive, that's just a bad idea. Offensive would be: "I think some_language is stupid".

It would be racist if I actually do such a thing, but proposing that is not racist, its just a proposal.

Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:58 pm
DavidNobre
Ex Moderator

Well....i agree with kreso that is not a racist think.....but i disagree with all that things........I think all that are silly and that sound like a dictatorship imposition pressure.Iīm saying it cause i am brazilian and 95% of the brazilian players on gm donīt speak english....will them stop of play just cause them dont know that language? how will them know them cant speak in game if them dont speak english??? where is the LIBERTY of SPEECH???? Well i am proud of my country and proud of my language....and if someone dont know our language its not our fault. ThankFul David

Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:27 pm
bezma2

David
I know that some Brasilian or croatian or rusian dont speak english.We see them all the time in lobby. You speak with them in portugis, i speak with italians in italian , with croatians in croatian .But that all happend in lobby where is and will be always Liberty of speech. In lobby nouone said to nouone ; hey stop that ,speak english.
All i said that in the game should bee only english in the chat window.If you want to chat with players who dont speak english, chat with them in lobby or in 2p game. Onesly , if you ask mee , there will be no chat window in the game of 3/4/5 player. In 2p game it is good becouse you can teach new players how to play and chat with him/her in language you both choose.
Apolitik Bezma.
P.S. And why that big hard words.We are all proud of our country and language for shure.

Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:56 pm
DavidNobre
Ex Moderator

Sorry if i did hard words bez....but i still disagree with you .....i mean in game players should talk what them want to....The problem bez is we dont have too much mod.....I mean we need have more mod for ever language....and if someone suspect of cheating in game, that person need to report here in forum and the mod of that language will say if the cheating happened or not...Players need talk what them want to ...we canīt control them for talk english......them are here just to have fun not for learn english.Thanks for all atention David

Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:03 pm
muffinhead
Planet

Well i honestly think that the world should be one language as then we could understand each other. I wouldnt car whether its japanese, english, portugese etc. I agree with david with the fact that we need portugese mod. It would be unfair if people were teaming and wouldnt be reported because no one can speak english. So for the first time ever im sitting on the wall here but i think we need portugese mod. Thats y i suggest david.

Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:24 pm
aussie
Ex Moderator

Bezma you said

Quote:
All i said that in the game should bee only english in the chat window.If you want to chat with players who dont speak english, chat with them in lobby

to suggest that only the english language be spoken in games is crazy...it would create a division amongst players.....aka discrimination.....the chat window is there for a reason.....mute them if you don't like hearing them chat....... report them if you feel like you have been cheated.....

aussie

Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:33 pm
muffinhead
Planet

I think everyones going over the top about this because its just a language and finding a way to communicate. I also think everyones allowed their own oponion and can believe what they want.

Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:47 pm
DavidNobre
Ex Moderator

Muffin......ty for your indication....but i think we need more than mods knowing portuguese.......we need mood about others languages as arabic spanish and others.......i suggest billl kreso and anothers mods need to think more about new options.....

Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:39 am
muffinhead
Planet

I just realised doesnt kreso speak portugese?

Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:13 pm
Bill2k06
Ex Moderator

kreso , only speaks croatian and english i think.
as far as i know he hasnt got any knowledge of spanish, or portuguese.

and at the moment we are giving a trial to two new moderators, and i think we should see how it goes with them , but im sure kreso will have his say.

Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:00 pm
muffinhead
Planet

3 YEARS LATER lol

Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:39 pm
bezma2

Bill.

I want to know ; Who has a power to delete posts on forum.

Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:58 pm
Bill2k06
Ex Moderator

all mods why do you ask ?