Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Suggestions Luck factor - getting out of control!
      All times are GMT  

"Luck" factor - out of controll?
Yes, now there are to many bonuses and luck factor should be decreased.
90%
 90%  [ 10 ]
No, the game is just perfect now, and luck factor should be left as it is now.
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
I really don't know.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 11

Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:08 pm
Husky
Ex Moderator

Post subject: Luck factor - getting out of control! Reply with quote

I have a lot of complaints about this luck factor involved in the game from many players. Old and good players.
In many games it happened to have 30 - 40 bonuses in the same game and that is way to much. It's ridiculous.
In this new version luck factor is more increased and helps the players with weak properties. How is it possible that if you have green fully upgraded and light blue for example you lost to another player with yellow fully upgraded and some extractors? Ridiculous!

Please vote and give ideeas of improveing the game.

Thank you all.

Husky - best dogs ever invented.

Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:25 pm
DavidNobre
Ex Moderator

Post subject: Reply with quote

i have changed my mind playing lately.......i had some incredible games........i am winning and losing games impossibles in sane situation.....Luck is being everything you need to have to win......so i will ask...why play a game where just lucky can make you win?....i won a game when i was with just a set(yellow) .....high_5 had 2 sets(reds and green) .....how that is possible........dear friends something need happen soon or i will dislike of play it game i love play..........i like of use my mind.........OF corse luck get emotion in game.......but just lucky is being necessary actually.Being thankful.....David

Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:40 pm
aussie
Ex Moderator

Lets talk about Luck...............luck is when players who are just new to the game .........get big points quickly............eg 1 player only played 8 games and had already amassed 17k.....he doesnt know the rules or how to play ...........its the flood of bonuses and incredible ...sometimes unbelievable luck.( such luck makes me think i am playiang some holy person at times) ..........together with low recess ...you have a game a 3 year could play and win......... what was once an excellent strategy game has now become for me a useless frustrating past time..............i have played 2p where there were 30 bonuses..........i have lost games where i have had both green and pink (fully upgraded)...4 whites and 3 blacks.........to light blue and brown and 1 black............not long ago i was in 2p where i had green and red 2 whites and 2 blacks...the other player had yellow 2 whites and 2 blacks...........yep thats right........ i lost again.........i am still shaking my head in disbelief.........

it is my strong opinion that something must be done to cut down the number of bonuses/ or value..........and increase recess start.....and an urgent dicussion on how to bring back the strategy which was necessary once to play this game.......

aussie

Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:19 pm
bezma

I have only one sugest like i do to every posts before.In the game bonus is ok and it is minimum of luck factor but in EC ( recession ) to many bonus is ruing the game and happend what hapend. In most games better player lose the game and all becouse to many bonus.
I alredy see Bill here on this topik saing to mee : Bezma read the post properly lol.
Yes Bill , I read the post properly and every player is tolking about to many bonusis in the game. Em' I wright. I think I am.
So I sugest , like i did in other topic, in EC ( recession ) only player who land on bonus get the bonus ( full or half of bonus that is the question to discus).
Glad to help no more noob player Bezma.

Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:25 pm
johnny
Ex Moderator

I personally think the game should go back completely to what is was long before..with EC hitting you with a bang at -300.
Maybe add the fact that bonus is disabled after EC and strategy should surpass the lack factor.

mia

Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:45 pm
carrieann06
Star

yay i agree but with the same start decreasin every time someone passes go

Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:14 pm
Bill2k06
Ex Moderator

personally i think we should go back to version 1.16.

in this version start still decreased to -300 from EC , Jail was reduced to only 2 turns missed rather than 3 , and the game was a lot more strategic.

so once we return to this version , i think we should :-

1) Reduce bonus to half after EC.
2) Start drops to -300 straight after EC , BUT reduces by -10 every pass of a player.
3) Income WILL be receieved while in jail, as we all do need some kind of reprieve.

The reason i ask for all this is i do strongly believe in 95% of games, by the time EC hits , the winner of the game is already decided and its a matter of playing out the game, so, by dropping the number/and amount of bonus , and by reducing the Economy quicker it would save around 10minutes of gameplay, and will force faster and much more strategic play before EC hits.

what do you all think .

Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:09 am
aussie
Ex Moderator

sounds good to me bill.....

aussie

Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:16 am
muffinhead
Planet

Well im sick of all this talking when nothing is being done to the game. I reckon the next person to say there r to many bonuses or ec should start at -100 or more should get a 24 hour ban. but with the go to bonus and give button gm is more strategic now then at v 1.16.

this is my oponions of what should be done based on luck factor.
-bonus halved or quartered
-start stays at -50 start ( extra 5 mintes but worth it)
-decrease by 10 each time ( extra 5 minutes but worth it again)
-jail to 1 turn or changed completly
-no profit to be recived in jail

Now this is a MINIMUM luck factor system. I reckon this system would have 2% of wins by chance. Now with the fact that we now have the give button i think that the extra 10 minutes from -2 and -3 ould now be used up except for 5p games where i think we shold try encourage the give button to be used once finished bidding.

But most importantly we NEED A RESPONCE. this would have to be the 5th topic in the past fornight on too many bonnuses and luck factor and not once has kreso responded. This is not meant to offened anyone but what is the point of suggesting all these things where the poll comes up 10-0 and nothing is changed.

So please respond kreso as something MUST be done because everyone here says there is too much luck factor.

Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:40 am
Bill2k06
Ex Moderator

im sure kreso is just about going back to college/uni, or whichever his next level of study takes him.

he was here the other day but just didnt comment on this discussion.

i agree we need change, but i do think my proposal is better option.

Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:00 am
Husky
Ex Moderator

Outstanding! 9 to 0.
I'm glad to see that everyone agrees with me on this. Wink

Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:28 am
TypHooN999
Planetoid

The luck factor seems to go all over the place. Yeah the bonuses dont help but it seems the dice rolls aint all they seem. They dont seem random cause lets say i land on this guy once in a wile then every time i go round i land on hes pay out me A$$. Then when thats happen know one will lands on mine and ill quickly go broke then boom back up in cash cause ill all of a sudden stop landing on who evers then everyone will land on mine. Ive played alot of games now, and thats how it seems to me. BTW the more cash earners at the end you own the more quickly you go to start and pay out your A$$ there to. lol but it may be me, and this int really the right topic to put all that in. lol

Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:43 am
muffinhead
Planet

well with the landing on properties we cant do anything about that cause its the luck of the dice. But bill answer me this: how does having ec at -300 and still gaining money in jail increase luck factor?

Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:27 am
carrieann06
Star

because when you own green yellow orange n brown n you keep goin in jail so the other player lands on you so you dont gain then come out of jail n keep landidn on him! if you still get money when in jail the only luck that exists is that the player in jail isnt goin anywhere! as apposed to the person in jail goin no where and the player not in jail gettin a free go round the board!

Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:06 am
Husky
Ex Moderator

Agree with you Carrie. Wink