if its me then yes
31%
 31%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 22

Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:26 am
muffinhead
Planet

Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok now we play the waiting game. First we need davids oponion, then kresos, and then we can cofirm whats going on so david if u see this could u please respond.

Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:21 pm
Husky
Ex Moderator

Lool, yet no post from him.
And in all the forum, there are only 6 posts from him.... Few...

Husky - best dogs ever invented.

Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:08 pm
DavidNobre
Ex Moderator

I dont know if i will be a good mod.....i am here playing all day but i am a busy person........actually i am working and like everyone know all my time here is to Helen.........Only i can do is to help the brazilian peoples talking them problems ..........But i can to suggest Milhionario(Luiz) like a new mod......he know speak english better than me........i am thankful for friends want me see as a mod........but i wont change who i am for do it,,,,,,,,i want to still have fun in games and doing that i love to do.,........to play and enjoy my time with my sweetheart.....i just can help bill and husky if they ever need to have me speak to the brazilian players and i will help them whenever i can.

Helen I Love you!!!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:25 pm
KillerK
Planet

From my exerpience, we desperately need a portuguese speaking mod.

Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:35 pm
KillerK
Planet

And also, not just one more mod. Correct me if i am wrong, but from what i have seen the only active moderators are Bill and Husky ?

If that is the case, that is far too much a burden on 2 heads, with the high frequency of players online.

A moderator should be present at all peak times throughout the day, which is not possible and is quite an ask for someone to do, when it is an unpaid position. Therefore the logical step would be to bring in some more moderators.

Obviously their characters would be key, preferably users that are well known, play regularly, and are respected. Also, a portuguese speaker, who will be availalbe to moderate daily in the peak times for portuguese brasilian usage. I have not witnessed any other languages being spoken in GM, and so it seems that everyone else chooses to speak in english.

The other moderators shou;d be spread in a similar way, with defined daily times that they will be moderating the game.

There is far too much a burden, and an unrealistic chance of 2 moderators succesfully looking after this game.

Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:08 am
muffinhead
Planet

Well agree that there should be another mod but thats it. If we had 4,5,6 mods then how do we know that they r all trustworthy? We could get someone who is randomly banning people at any time. Also how do we know they will ban people correctly? Finally how do we know that they will still play gm in years to come? Yes we need another mod but we need to know they fit all these catorgories and speak other languages like david or milo. We really need a portuguese mod but we hhave to be real carful at who we pick.

Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:17 am
muffinhead
Planet

Well 2 minutes ago i saw here that bill had i new message but now i only see mine as the last message. Anyway i just want to say that i think david is the absoulte perfect man for the job if he wants it.

Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:26 am
Bill2k06
Ex Moderator

as david said, he is willing to teach me portuguese and help wher he can, but he doesnt want to divert his time away from helen,

please read my new post on moderator application.

Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:32 am
muffinhead
Planet

Wow to be commited to learning portuguese just for gm that takes a special person to do such big things for one game (and free). U have done a great job but when i looked at that new topic i am concerned that it will take weeks to maybe months to find somone to suit that catagory. Stiil well done bill and husky and keep up the good work.

Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:39 am
meg
Planet

it wouldnt take that long heaps of people have been playing gm for ages and generally when you have played for that long you have enough points and know alot of people and they respect you anyway. plus learning another language is a great thing to acheive anyways.

Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:01 am
carrieann06
Star

i dint wanna post this in other topic as its for mod aplications, but husky may i ask why it has to be a male? as you have put ''must not have a complaint against him'' are women not worthy of this position?

Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:17 am
muffinhead
Planet

I think it was an acident as he never officially said that it had to be a male.

Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:40 am
Husky
Ex Moderator

carrieann06 wrote:
i dint wanna post this in other topic as its for mod aplications, but husky may i ask why it has to be a male? as you have put ''must not have a complaint against him'' are women not worthy of this position?

Loool, sorry. My mistake.
When i was saying him i was refering to the moderator. I didn't say the mod should be a male or female. But now i've changed that, so that it should be ok now and not disturbing anyone. Wink

Husky - best dogs ever invented.

Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:07 am
aussie
Ex Moderator

what do you mean by "complaint"............as we all know anyone can complain.........correct me if i am wrong ...but both current mods have had complaints made against them............?????????????????/
.............and i too have changed my mind..........i think carrieanne would be a good mod...........she has proven herself to be reliable and supportive to bill when all other mods were absent..........she is fair and is interested as bill is.......... in making gm a great place to be.............she has my vote

aussie

Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:29 am
muffinhead
Planet

I agree that she would be a good mod but the only problem i have is that she lives with bill and that may contribute to agrreing with what bill says. Also the fact that she doesnt speak portuguese ( which is the reason we r desperate for a new mod) and the fact that she can already see bill doing his job and she can always guide him. Im just worried that i might offend caz because she is great for the server and adds alot to the game.