All times are GMT  

Should we Return to earlier version of GM
Yes
53%
 53%  [ 7 ]
No
38%
 38%  [ 5 ]
No but make a few changes (please explain)
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 13

Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:18 pm
Bill2k06
Ex Moderator

Post subject: PETITION, to go back to before changes Reply with quote

This a petition for you all to have your say about the game the way it is now, and if we get enough people wanting the game to go back to the old rules, im sure Kreso would be interested greatly to have a read and make the changes back.

personally i think we should go back to the old rules, because at the moment we are all suffering from too many bonuses after EC and the way it is now, people who are playing crap still have chance of winning because they get lucky later on.at moment it feels like we are playing just the original monopoly because its all luck based now.

Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:22 pm
carrieann06
Star

Post subject: Reply with quote

everyone thought the new rules would give the person who is goin to win more of an advantage but it just turns out the person with more luck has the advantage! i like the reccesion as it is but there are WAY TOO MANY bonuses think the reccesion should start at a higher number than -50 too should be at least -100

Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:25 pm
johnny
Ex Moderator

The way it is now...it is all about luck after EC..and you can forget about monopolies and upgrades...if bonus is hit and you then go through start..big disadvantage..eventually EC is so big..it's all about the roll of the dice.

As I said before in an earlier topic..my idea is that the player who can get the most monopolies and upgrade BEFORE ec should win..not who is luckiest after ec.

At the moment there are guys with pinks and greens and reds..all losing when they should win with the new rules...

I vote that we go back to the old rules, where strategizing and fighting monopolies plays the game.

Mia

Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:39 pm
bezma

Ok I think the bonus shuld stay like he is now, but ,( there is always one but), only in the game until recesion. When recesion comes , only player who land on it ,shuld recive a bonus.
The reason is:
In recesion ,the player who is 99% wining ,with several bonus, loses the game easily.( i almost lose 2-3 times whit same reason of to many bonus)For me the recesion with this bonus rule is only luck,not skill and bring dead player in chance to win.

Glad to help BEZMA

P.S. Sorry but i dont know the old version of GM so i could not vote, but defenetly i am against the bonus rule in recesion like it is now.

Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:43 pm
carrieann06
Star

yesbut what if..... its the other person hittin the bonus and saves them? that way its still gonna be the person who is gonna lose wthat ends up winning, then we just end up with another petetion like this! i reckon to make the game all about before ec bonus should not be possible after ec! this way you play to win before ec! instead of bein saved by bonus

Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:54 pm
Bill2k06
Ex Moderator

i quite like that idea,

OR

after EC the bonus is halved .

So in a 2p instead of receiving 500 for each bonus you only receive 250 after economy collapses

Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:48 pm
bezma

Bill, I said to you erlier that there is a topic in " FUTURE REQUEST" named "the new bonus rule " . We (10-12 people) discus about this almost 12 days and now we must replay our post here on your topic.Its the same petition on two places.
Can you:
Or we all return to old topic which is not finish,
Or you copy that topic here on your topic so we can discus of same thing in the same place.
Its no metter what is the name of petition or who open it. The reason for both petition is the same : change rules becouse of to many bonus in recesion.
BEZMA

Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:36 pm
Bill2k06
Ex Moderator

this topic is nothing to do with bonus.
this topic is about all changes, and about what people would like to change or keep if we were to change what we have.

please read the post properly.
i know what other posts are about on the forum, i read them all day every day .

Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:45 pm
aussie
Ex Moderator

i would like the game to go back to the old way............i agree that there seems to be far too many bonuses since the changes have been made ....and recession starting at -50 i feel is too low......................i have lost games which should not have been lost......when brown beats green there is something amiss

aussie

Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:48 pm
meg
Planet

i have said all along that the game should go back to the orignal state because as i said the game was better before it was changed. but i do remember people not agreeing with me and saying it was good now what happned???

Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:37 pm
bezma

Bravo Bill,
You said : " This topic is nothing to do with bonus "
The way i read the post ( properly ) all post, even yours , is about bonus and changes we must made becouse of bonus.
So, hate mee , ignore mee on lobby but please, dont " ban " mee on everu post i am writing on topics .
BEZMA

Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:28 am
muffinhead
Planet

omg i cant believe im the only one who voted no. Does anyone one remember how much luck used to be in the game. When i first played this it u could win matches without buying anything.

First of all how is it possible that the old ec rule at -300 more strategic then the -50 and decrease by 15 rule? EVERYONE GETS MONEY FOR LANDING ON BONUS. Secondly if ec started at -100 or more then there would be a huge amount of luck early on in ec like previously and it only takes about 2 minutes to go from -50 to -100 anyway. Finally Booga mentioned the fact that the auctioner should go back to start again. How much luck would be involved then if ec was -1000 and u hit the final green on the board. At least now u r given more stratagy and choice later in ec.

Now instead of looking back in the past y dont we look towards the future. There is still always going to be luck in the game but we can do our best to make that a minimum. eg Instead of going back to the original ec rule, y dont we simply dercrease the amount everyone gets from bonus (as bill said except for the entire match.) So how about 2p= 200, 3p=150, 4p=100 and 5p=75. Now thats an example of improving the rule instead of changing back to the orginal and we can do this with all the problems we have.

So in sum up, lets look to the future and forget the past.

Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:04 am
meg
Planet

No i dont think there was anything worng with the old version. There is way more luck involved in the games now then there used to be. The only rule i would like to stay would be the buyer goes back to the start, because it makes it a little bit mroe interesting.

Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:58 am
muffinhead
Planet

Well i dont know one single way in which the game use to be more strategic so could u plz explain y that is. Untill then ill still believe that the game is at its most strategic now.

Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:04 pm
Bill2k06
Ex Moderator

really im not arsed about this post anymore,
like muffinhead said, instead of going back, why dont we make a few changes to what we have now, and try to build on what we have instead .

BUT what i am bothered about,
will someone do me a favour.

READ this post and other posts that Bezma has written in and i have replied and see what i have done to annoy or belittle or anything towards him, because of what i keep reading on here, he seems to have a complex that i belittle him.
im really annoyed.

this post was not JUST about bonus,
HUSKY's post WAS about BONUS and ONLY bonus changes , as this was a DISCUSSION about all things in the game.

seriously some people need to start reading posts properly.