Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Suggestions New bonus rule
      All times are GMT  

Should beneffit by the bonus only the player that lands on it?
Yes. The bonus must be given only to the one that lands on it.
18%
 18%  [ 3 ]
No. The bonus should be given to all players in game. (like it is now).
81%
 81%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 16

Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:04 pm
bezma

Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I think the bonus shuld stay like he is now, but ,( there is always one but), only in the game until recesion. When recesion comes , only player who land on it ,shuld recive a bonus.
The reasons are thre (3) first.
In recesion ,the player who is 99% wining ,with several bonus loses the game easy.( i almost lose 2-3 times whit same reason of to many bonus)For me the recesion with this bonus rule is only luck,not skill and bring dead player in chance to win.
The other two (2) reason i will explane when i see what other people think about my first reason.
Glad to help BEZMA

Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:15 pm
muffinhead
Planet

Ok bezma ur saying that if only the person that lands on bonus gets the money then it would be less luck and more skill. That would be impossible. If we look at the poll it is 10-3 so ithink we should move on unless there is a better reason and if u have one bezma then could u please explain because i think it would destory the game.

Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:11 pm
fixus971
Moon

Post subject: Other solution Reply with quote

Hi.
I love play GM because hate games as Tombola where "Luck" is an important factor.
But now.. i think.. i think.. i think..

I propose a nice solution:
Idea Who land on Bonus get double respect other players!
This can be very nice!! Wink

Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:28 pm
bezma

Ok muffi i dont know you understud mee.I said only in recession.
Take it this way. Before recession i work hard and tray to get advantage to my oponent.(In some tactiks you tray to make your oponent bankrot or make him to go to recession with small acount). I want to tell that I let him bye what he need and what he dont need so hi lose much money. And than ,lets say hi have 500 and I have 5000 with 7-10 bonus he raise from deads to winner (or almost).Is that good?I dont know. For my opinion its not fer.
Today I played with Fix one game like this.Before recession i had about 3500 and hi was at 600 or less.One more round and hi wins the game. Hi is my whitnes.I think there was 12-15 bonus in recession.Its hard to explane but i think that you know what iam saing.
BEZMA

Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:41 pm
fixus971
Moon

Hi Bezma, pardon for game but I calculated Bonus in recession.
Recession is an important part of the game not the end to kill against players.
For Bonus I have an other idea Idea reduce to half bonus amount in recession so there is but not distort game.

Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:21 am
muffinhead
Planet

Bezma i know u said only recession but if only the person landi9ng on it gets the money then that could be the difference between 1st and 2nd.

Lets say that p1 has 5000 and is sure to win and p2 has 500 and is dead. p2 could land on bonus 5 times in a row giving him 2500 compared to p1 who is still losing money. Now is that fair? if it is the way now then p1 would also get 2500 and still be sure to win. So i think it would increase luck factor which would ruin gm.

Also i would be happy with fixus idea as i would not care what amount u get for landing on bonus as long as everyone got the same amount.

Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:36 am
bezma

Muffi, we all know that factor of luck is 80% in recession, so , everyone say goodluck when recession comes.You ,almost never bay lands and upgrade them in recession( only if you have a loot of money or you need to go back to the start,.
In that case you wrote , P1 dont need the money no more but , landing on bonus , he is helping P2 to rise from deads if you know what i mean.Iam only traing to say that, in recession , my landing on bonus is no more my lucky roll but my lucky roll for my oponent and only for him.
And Fix have good idea but it will change a little.
For me , my luck to land on bonus, should bee and stay my luck and not luck for everyone in recession.
BEZMA

Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:43 am
muffinhead
Planet

Ok first of all luck factor is 2% not 80 cause people should have upgrades by then and in that example of p1 and p2 p1, p1 does not once land on bonus and therefore if it was the way it is now he would give no benefit to anyone except p2 landing on bonus.

My point being if we make it that only one person gets money then it would be complete luck and the reason i play gm is cause it requires skill to win. Otherwise id get my board out and play monopoly. Dont take this offensivly as this is what i personally think.

Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:50 am
bezma

Muffi, I dont take anything offensivly on forum. This post is here for do somthing abut wrong and wright things in game and to make jokes and .....
What i have do and upgrade untill recession is 2% of luck and 97% of skill,
(i leave 1% for joke lol) but in recesion you cant tell that it is 2% of luck,no way.
Iam telling this for bonus ,And i repeat; only in recession.
And in that example. if I read wright; you said if P1 does not once land on bonus he would give no benefit to anyone. For mee , landing on bonus is not skill but only luck - till recession ( than in many cases its oponents luck when you land on bonus).
BEZMA

Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:21 am
muffinhead
Planet

Bezma it would not make a difference whther it was only allowed in reccession or not. There is still some luck involved (and i over exagerated with 2% lol) but if this new rule was implemented then it would INCREASE the luck factor. By the way bonus benefits everyone in the same way. Sometimes more for some people cause they need money 4 houses but it is still even for everyone. Changing it would increase luck factor more so it wuld destory the game.

Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:55 pm
bezma

Muffi, sorry but you dont read what I wrote: you wrote:
There is still some luck involved.
By the way, bonus benefits everyone in the same way.
For some people, cause they need money 4 houses.
In all games luck is involved
Bonus benefits everyone in the same way in game, but not in recession
And last : who need money 4 houses in recession - If you build house in recession thats the wright way to quick bankrot - your bankrot.
I discus this with many other players and they agree with me.But - like we see - only few of us discus about this.
Lets wait and see. Maby they will write what they think about this on this topic
BEZMA

Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:20 pm
MadMACS
Moon

OK, after getting burned by BONUS just a few times too many, I've got an idea that will put more "strategy" into Bonus.

1. Before EC, Bonus = 2 x current Start value, with a Max set by the # of players (perhaps the current amounts, 500, 370, 300, 270). In addition to the value of Bonus decreasing through time (the bank starts running out of money), Bonus ALSO will have the effect of passing Start, meaning that any player in debt will pay 20% interest on their negative debt BEFORE receiving the Bonus money. The reason for this is that hitting Bonus is now effectively like passing Start 2x for the cost of 1 interest payment, instead of free money willy nilly.

2. After EC, Bonus = 0.5 * start Value (taking money from all players) with the Start effect as well. The reason for this logic is that during EC, the Banks are forcing margin calls on hedge bets (the upgraded properties that haven't returned on their investment).

The reason for my suggestions is this... at the beginning of the game, when start values are high (200+), it makes sense that Bonus gives everyone a nice chunk of change, and it helps put cash into the system so that people can buy properties and upgrade. But, when Start = 20, and you hit Bonus in a 2P game, that's the effect of 25 laps around the board at once. That's a rediculous cash infusion for the player who is banking on their "short credit" that Bonus is coming to bail them out.

I've played 3 games lately where I played shrewdly and got my opponents to spend all of their cash, only to have Bonuses quickly replenish their spending ability. I mean, when you purchases the reds in a 2p game, one bonus = 1 upgrade. That's a lot of luck offsetting the strategy of forcing the player into debt.

By adding the "pass start" feature to Bonus, and decreasing the payout value, it'll be much more likely that if 1 player has 6k cash, and the other player has 500 cash, the 6k player would say "yes, advance to bonus" because it'll get to EC quicker without giving the 500 player a lot of cash, and even better, if the other player is negative, they'll have to pay interest.

One other suggestion that I have, not for bonus, but for jail, is that during EC, when you land in jail, for whatever reason, jail is only the 1 round of rolls that you don't collect rent, and you are then thrown back on the streets because there isn't enough order in the prisons to hold everyone while economic collapse is rolling throughout the land. By only making jail 1 turn, you'll speed things up, and also prevent the "I was in jail for 3 turns and didn't get any rent" scenario, or the "I was in jail for 3 turns and the other player ran around the board and bankrupted himself" scenario. Since you get quickly thrown back on the board, and about to pass Start again, you're already "penalized" because you advanced quickly around the board without choice.

Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:44 pm
Husky
Ex Moderator

Now, that's a long long story you have written here MadMacs. Laughing

Husky - best dogs ever invented.