Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Galactic Magnate Strategy Is the change to post EC buying good?
      All times are GMT  

Is the post EC "buyer goes to start" good for the balance or not and why?
Yep. It makes the game better and more balanced
38%
 38%  [ 7 ]
Nop. The game is random at end or balance is disturbed
16%
 16%  [ 3 ]
I donno.
27%
 27%  [ 5 ]
I care less than you think.
16%
 16%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 18

Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:48 pm
boogaboo
Moon

Post subject: Is the change to post EC buying good? Reply with quote

I donno about you, but it's hard for me to get used to that rule and see it through (I played only 2 games lately..)

Most enhancements and features were great, but this one I'm in doubt.
Cast your vote -
Is this change good for the balance or not and why?

Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:55 pm
Husky
Ex Moderator

Post subject: Reply with quote

Booga, I really don't know what to say about this....
In my opinion it requires a lot of attention. In the old version it was all about luck. If you were lucky enough to land on a property that has not been bought, and it was at a lower price than the EC, then all you had to do was just opening the auction and you were back to start after that. Most players used to open auctions in propertyes that they were not interested in only to go back to the start But this new rule changes a bit the situation. Now you must calculate twice before opening an auction after EC Wink

Husky - best dogs ever invented.

Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:29 am
muffinhead
Planet

I agree with husky and i reckon its much better then prviously. Esplcally when ec is -1000 or more and u have to consider whether to auction an orange of not depending on where everyone else is on the board and whether they have the money to buy. It requires alot more thinking and planning which i think is gud 4 the game.I think its just that booga hasnt ajustd as everyone else has and the fact that u havent played on gm 4 ages. Booga i think u just need to play about 10 more games and u will be fine with the rule.

Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:13 pm
johnny
Ex Moderator

I don't like it. There is so much more luck involved at the end of the game. For instance a giy has spent a fortune on green, upgrading etc. In the previous version, that player would most likely win..and he should. He has the most expensive property.

But now in the new version, it's all down to luck and I have seen that most often that people with the expensive properties at the end of the board go out first. Their props are more expensive to upgrade and degrading doesn't help as EC is out of control.

Personally I prefer the older version, where there is more planning and strategy involved.

I have won games where I should have lost but ended up winning 10k+ because of the new rule. But it SHOULD be that the person with the higher values properties and upgrades should win when EC happens.

The whole idea of the game is to get props and upgrade and make money BEFORE ec. And the person with the most wins..right??

But now it's too much up to who goes through start first and not about who owns what.

I vote that we go back to the original EC version

Mia

Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:53 pm
Husky
Ex Moderator

johnny wrote:
I have seen that most often that people with the expensive properties at the end of the board go out first.

Lol, it happened to me twice untill now. Sad

Husky - best dogs ever invented.

Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:11 pm
boogaboo
Moon

I think jonny made a good additional observation -
EC is fast, which is good at -50, but is horrible at -500.. it should "cool down" a bit at that stage..

Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:21 pm
muffinhead
Planet

But now people r losing on greens and purples which is a good thing for the game. It shows that greens r overpriced and now the closer the set is to start the better. This is just makeing the game more even without us realising what the new rule would do. So id stay leae it as it is because u need to think alot more strtegic to win in more then one way.

Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:16 pm
KillerK
Planet

The new rule sucks, it only benefits the rich now. It does add a bit more strategy, but kills off the poorer who are looking for luck, much quicker.

And to clear up what i am talkinga bout, i am talking specifically about the rule where the BUYER of an auctioned property goes to start. NOT the auctioneer.

This id ont agree with.

And i also feel that the amount that the EC value goes up each time a player passes it, should be reduced to 10.

Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:29 pm
Bill2k06
Ex Moderator

reduced to 10 everytime someone passes??

or do you mean , reduced by 10?

Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:32 pm
KillerK
Planet

Bill2k06 wrote:
reduced to 10 everytime someone passes??

or do you mean , reduced by 10?

istn it 15 every time you pass?

id say make it 10.

and get rid of the auctioning rule in EC. It does speed the game up, but after all the effort u put in to EC, it kinda kills the game then.

Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:53 pm
meg
Planet

i think the only thing that needs to change about the game at the moment is the starting price of ec i think it needs to be increased to -100 or -150

Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:22 pm
carrieann06
Star

i think its fine as it is, i dont think anythin should go back or change it takes a much more strategical game to win

Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:05 am
muffinhead
Planet

I think its fine as well because now it takes alot more stratagy and i think that it would be unfair on someone just about to go round start and suddenly ec goes to 100,150 or 300. So leave it as it is.

Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:35 am
meg
Planet

well it annoys me so bad when i have someone almost dead and recession starts and then thy hit a million bonuses, it then takes a million years for them to die because recession is too slow.

Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:18 am
muffinhead
Planet

Well what r the chances of somone going out early in ec? Its usually at least -500-700 and everyone still gains money so it still wont make a differencs in result. Plus in the end it only takes 5 minutes to go from -50 to -150 in ec so i dont think it would really mater but the person doesnt have to pay the sudden -100 or -150 compared to -50.