Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Suggestions Jail - with or without profit?
      All times are GMT  

Should players get profit from monopolies, extractors and utilities when in jail?
Yes
44%
 44%  [ 12 ]
No (as it is now)
55%
 55%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 27

Sun May 27, 2007 1:23 pm
MadMACS
Moon

Post subject: Reply with quote

No, what I'm saying is that throughout the game, recession or not, passing start is a given (other than when you're going to prison), but hitting people's properties is random. However, when the opponent is in jail, you get a free pass.
So, every time I'm approaching the expensive side of the board (red, pink, green, yellow), I'm hoping that whoever owns them ends up in jail so I get a free pass. It's extra expenses beyond the standard cost of passing start.
In general, it's advantageous to me for someone else to be in jail because it saves me 100, 200, 500 or whatever points in my 3 turns while the are behind bars.
In a 5p game, you're helping 4p by landing in jail, not just saving yourself a couple rolls and delaying passing start.
After all, as soon as you get out of jail, you'll hit start the 1st or second roll, the majority of the time.

Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:13 am
rnwstcktrdr
Asteroid

Jail now is one of major luck factors, keeping it the way it is keeps more luck in the game.

I played with a top player today, and i won a game just coz he landed in jail 10 times or more, 4 of them one after the other each time he completed a circle (square). he had more income and he deserved it, but he wasnt getting it.

it is not so much the 3 turns (only matters in 4/5p games) but rent should be paid as normal. at the beggining i was thinking about 50%, but we either want luck minimised or not. jail is jail, it will still play a role even if rent is paid, but at least it wont ruin an otherwise hypothetically perfectly played game.

i vote for rent to be payed in jail (like real life, people in jail are not stripped off of any legal income, are they?) if people dont want it completely payed, then at least 50%. who wants so much luck in a strategy game?

Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:28 am
TypHooN999
Planetoid

It would make it alot better because of the fact someone might have the ones at the end upgraded to 500$. Well i all ways have them and i see alot of people go down after jail Very Happy I would be better to still get money in jail. Make it an upgrade or something... like the money n jail upgrade :/ you need to pay 1500 for it.

Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:07 am
jaord_b
Moon

why not impliment a get out of jail card option when landing on those chance thingys so you can profit from your props xtracts etc slo have a rule that those cards cant be traded brought at any price although the risk factor is still there most people rely on jail when buying props to save them hoping to go to jail on ressesion to get income so in my view the way it is is just fine just a thought

Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:02 pm
Husky
Ex Moderator

carrieann06 wrote:
personally i like the way the game is it gives everyone a chance!

I agree. Wink

Husky - best dogs ever invented.

Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:53 pm
TypHooN999
Planetoid

jaord_b wrote:
why not impliment a get out of jail card option when landing on those chance thingys so you can profit from your props xtracts etc slo have a rule that those cards cant be traded brought at any price although the risk factor is still there most people rely on jail when buying props to save them hoping to go to jail on ressesion to get income so in my view the way it is is just fine just a thought

I like that idea.

Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:06 pm
camakashi
Asteroid

um you should get rent in jail cause then it gets you or some other player cashh!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 666
acording to the fbi i dont exist anymore acording to there files i was killed in a car crash but i am real. my names zetsumei tentei! if all my opponents had a dollar each time theey won theyed be poor.

Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:19 am
sweet----
Moon

i personally would love to begin recieving profit in jail again as it is more of a luck game without it. after all you have spent all your money on upgrading them and then all of a sudden you end up in jail loosing hundreds!?!

i have many times before and after ec been in jail 4 times in a row!!! Mad and therefore lost over 1500 on my propertys. making thn me with a low amount of cash and havin to degrade if (and most of the time it is) start is after ec..!!! Confused

Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:51 pm
basil
Asteroid

yeh i think that jail is a luck factor in the game, if people want the luck factor reduced or similar why not turn the jail square into something different?

- like random auction square

- another meteor or free parking

but personally i think its good as it is now. The game seemed to change in a big way in negative before when people hit jail.

unless you make it so that this current rule of jail only applies when the game is in economic collapse

Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:11 am
KillerK
Planet

Post subject: Re: Jail - with or without profit? Reply with quote

Kreso wrote:
This poll is about the new rule which is already active in the game: when a player is in jail, he does not receive profits from monopolies, extractors and utilities.

Old rule was that players, when in jail, do receive all profits as normal.

So do you like the old rule better or not?

what is the point in going to jail then if you still get rent. migjt aswell give them a key to the cell whilst we at it. Laughing

Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:27 am
muffinhead
Planet

I would have to agree with basil that jail should be completly changed.
Personally I would rather no money recived but I still think it could be improved.

I reckon it should be changed to a bill paying centre where everyone loses 100 cash everytime someone lands on it. It would be the opposite to bonus.

If this was the case then there would be less luck in the game and it would be a quicker game.

Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:29 am
Husky
Ex Moderator

muffinhead wrote:
the opposite to bonus.

This sounds interesting. Wink

Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:22 am
sweet----
Moon

great idea muffin changing jail into bonus it would take out the luck factor in games and make them alot quicker.

lets see what everyone else thinks maybe you should opena new topic 'change jail into a pay square' yes or no poll!?!

Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:30 am
Husky
Ex Moderator

I agree. Jail will be more efficient if instead of staying in it you'll have to pay some money when landing on it.
Or I have a better ideea: there should be a "get out" card that can be used to get out from jail. And of course that option will cost you money. Wink

Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:20 am
muffinhead
Planet

I would love to c the bill paying centre as it would be intresting to c how people handle it.

I disagree with huskys idea of get out jail purly cause when its recession id pay to get into jail lol.