Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Report cheaters, and other complaints ekonomist spoiling/cheat trades
      All times are GMT  

Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:13 pm
MrCrabbs

Post subject: Reply with quote

Mockingbird, you so clearly have an agenda here that it hurts to read.

You are simultaneously calling my trade a cheat, while saying you saw nothing else that could be called a cheat in the game. This, despite the fact that Ekonomist sold 3 browns for 500 when the game was still in its early stages, and he bought a white for 3000 just before recession, even though he owned no other whites.

You have zero credibility.

Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:18 pm
trace567

Mockingbird wrote:
And benefit to both players. Where is that hahahaha.

So trace you think it was a fair trade. I can just see your reaction to this one had the shoe been on the other.

Well what a surprise it is too. Well I've said it before and quite clearly some so called experts here are tiny teeni cheetyweeties....

Where have I stated that I believe it to be a fair trade? Or not a fair trade? I haven't said anything of the sort, its not for me to say when I have no game log to go by.

A trade cannot be advancing without being beneficial to both players. The reason I say benefit is that some trades can be of reasonable value and on the surface look like perfectly decent trades, but can be missing the advancing element. Most trades like that are not done in genuine malice, but by the fact that many players assume a going rate for properties.

Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:24 pm
Mockingbird
Planetoid

I'm not the one that cheated pal. I'm not the one that cheated then tried to justify that with nonsense lol.

If you couldn't see the parody of the "i didn't see any thing" line then that's ok. It's hardly the point of contention here crabber.

You do a lot of these very bad trades and you should at least be able to accept that instead of wiggling and squirming in a mess of a defense.

Lets wait for the mod ruling.

Last edited by Mockingbird on Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:28 pm
MrCrabbs

Would you like some sugar with your bile?

Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:32 pm
Mockingbird
Planetoid

Perhaps your reflecting your own feelings crabbs.

It's all a huge laugh with sugar on top to me. Smile
I didn't report you, you did that yourself. I really couldn't care about it, as you do these same things in nearly every game. I'm just enjoying the discussion so to speak.

Like I say lets hear the mod opinion on it and some other experienced players too.

Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:35 pm
CYN
Admin
Admin

Comon Crabbs on this one you are wrong, you are neglecting to mention eko only had negative money at -131 dollars, how would he buy they other brown especially with red built to five houses. This was an unfair trade, the other trades you complained about were unfair also for obvious reasons. All players reduced 25 Percent. Eko will take a ten day break for all the ridiculous offers he made.
and Mr Crabbs can you please explain the following two offers made by you in the previous game? I was shocked to see this offered by a veteran player. They are hard to see but both offers were for the Engery Channeling property. You had 5837 cash and Winner had 202 cash in first offer. Second one you had 5737 cash and Winner had 32 dollars, how would this trade of been advantageous to Winner?

trade offer one:

========================================
trade activated
game: 594358
game is ranked
2013/09/08 18:10:11
players at start: 5
players alive: 5
start money: 60
roll: 265
game time: 34:14

players:
0 ROBERT43ouais points:16852 position:30 cash: 2327 credit: 1300
1 winnerall2 points: 6368 position:28 cash: 202 credit: 700
2 ekonomist1 points: 9106 position:14 cash: 438 credit: 560
3 sensi-1 points:15886 position:28 cash: 1819 credit: 510
4 Angry_Frog points:25616 position:30 cash: 5837 credit: 310

Trade:
From Angry_Frog to winnerall2
Cash: -1

1 color: 250 @= owner:0 h:5 Nanobot Hospital
2 color: 150 @= owner:1 tot:2 Information Network
3 color: 250 @= owner:0 h:5 Cellular Regeneration
5 color: 194 @= owner:3 tot:3 Water Extractors
6 color: 249 @= owner:3 Terraforming Facilities
8 color: 249 @= owner:3 Rain Generators
9 color: 249 @= owner:2 Hydroponics Bay
11 color: 248 @= owner:2 h:0 Emotion Market
12 color: 248 @= owner:2 h:0 Brainplug Reality Center
13 color: 248 @= owner:2 h:0 Holo Dome
14 color: 150 @= owner:4 tot:1 Pipes
15 color: 194 @= owner:4 tot:1 Air Extractors
16 color: 247 @= owner:2 Antigravitational Transpo
18 color: 247 @= owner:3 Space Elevator
19 color: 247 @= owner:4 Teleportation Control
21 color: 253 @= owner:0 h:0 Superconducting Magnetic
22 color: 253 @= owner:0 h:0 Anti Matter Power Plant
24 color: 253 @= owner:0 h:0 Cold Fusion Power Plant
25 color: 194 @= owner:3 tot:3 Carbon Extractors
26 color: 254 @= owner:3 Timewarp Restaurant
27 color: 150 @= owner:3 tot:1 Garbage Dezintegrators
28 color: 254 @= owner:2 Intergalactic Hotel
29 color: 254 @= owner:4 Cyborg Theatre
31 color: 252 @= owner:2 h:2 Zero Gravity Lab
33 color: 252 @= owner:2 h:2 Spaceport
34 color: 252 @= owner:2 h:2 Interstellar Gate
35 color: 194 @= owner:3 tot:3 Silicon Extractors
36 color: 251 @= owner:1 h:2 Planetary Marketing
37 color: 150 @= TAKING owner:1 tot:2 Energy Channeling Center
38 color: 251 @= owner:1 h:2 Brainwave Propaganda Stud
39 color: 251 @= owner:1 h:2 Brainwave Propaganda Tran

Trade offer 2

========================================
trade activated
game: 594358
game is ranked
2013/09/08 18:10:42
players at start: 5
players alive: 5
start money: 50
roll: 272
game time: 34:45

players:
0 ROBERT43ouais points:16852 position:33 cash: -43 credit: 1300
1 winnerall2 points: 6368 position:33 cash: 32 credit: 700
2 ekonomist1 points: 9106 position:25 cash: 978 credit: 560
3 sensi-1 points:15886 position: 0 cash: 2129 credit: 510
4 Angry_Frog points:25616 position:36 cash: 5737 credit: 310

Trade:
From Angry_Frog to winnerall2
Cash: -2

1 color: 250 @= owner:0 h:5 Nanobot Hospital
2 color: 150 @= owner:1 tot:2 Information Network
3 color: 250 @= owner:0 h:5 Cellular Regeneration
5 color: 194 @= owner:3 tot:3 Water Extractors
6 color: 249 @= owner:3 Terraforming Facilities
8 color: 249 @= owner:3 Rain Generators
9 color: 249 @= owner:2 Hydroponics Bay
11 color: 248 @= owner:2 h:0 Emotion Market
12 color: 248 @= owner:2 h:0 Brainplug Reality Center
13 color: 248 @= owner:2 h:0 Holo Dome
14 color: 150 @= owner:4 tot:1 Pipes
15 color: 194 @= owner:4 tot:1 Air Extractors
16 color: 247 @= owner:2 Antigravitational Transpo
18 color: 247 @= owner:3 Space Elevator
19 color: 247 @= owner:4 Teleportation Control
21 color: 253 @= owner:0 h:3 Superconducting Magnetic
22 color: 253 @= owner:0 h:3 Anti Matter Power Plant
24 color: 253 @= owner:0 h:3 Cold Fusion Power Plant
25 color: 194 @= owner:3 tot:3 Carbon Extractors
26 color: 254 @= owner:3 Timewarp Restaurant
27 color: 150 @= owner:3 tot:1 Garbage Dezintegrators
28 color: 254 @= owner:2 Intergalactic Hotel
29 color: 254 @= owner:4 Cyborg Theatre
31 color: 252 @= owner:2 h:2 Zero Gravity Lab
33 color: 252 @= owner:2 h:2 Spaceport
34 color: 252 @= owner:2 h:2 Interstellar Gate
35 color: 194 @= owner:3 tot:3 Silicon Extractors
36 color: 251 @= owner:1 h:2 Planetary Marketing
37 color: 150 @= TAKING owner:1 tot:2 Energy Channeling Center
38 color: 251 @= owner:1 h:2 Brainwave Propaganda Stud
39 color: 251 @= owner:1 h:2 Brainwave Propaganda Tran[/b]

ITS ALL GOOD

Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:12 am
MrCrabbs

1) On the decision for the game I complained about:
I am glad that Eko has been given an appropriate punishment and that you recognise he ruined the game deliberately.

Obviously I disagree that the trade I accepted was a cheat, for the reasons I have given in detail above.

The only thing to add is about your point that Eko had very little money so had no chance of buying brown: Eko's game is that he doesn't buy these low-value properties, he just buys one property of each type and then tries to sell them for a high price. So he would not have even wanted to buy brown, he would have wanted to sell it. And by unblocking brown, I put him in a position to do just that.

I haven't had a look whether you have reduced all my accounts, which would be very unfair, but if it's just the one then I am content as the main offender, Eko, has been fairly punished.

2) On the $1 and $2 trade offers I made in the previous games:
These trade offers are of $1 and $2 that I made as a wind-up. I often make offers of this kind when players are being especially unreasonable. I have probably done it in about 50 games. Noone has ever accepted. I usually start by offering $1. When they refuse, I double my offer Smile

It's my way of saying, "your trade is so unreasonable, I'm going to send something equally unreasonable".

I don't remember the game in particular, but if you look I'm certain you will find that winnerall2 was sending me ridiculous trades, and this was my way of saying, "er, no thanks!"

It's not a cheat because these offers have never, ever been accepted. Players always understand what I mean - that I consider their demands ridiculous, and so am making my own ridiculous offer to prove a point. They always get the message.

Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:33 am
CYN
Admin
Admin

Fair enough and for the record it was only the account you were playing on that was reduced. It would take a very large offense to reduce all your accounts. This is never done except in extreme cases , such as ban bypassing or such.
Also Eko was reduced 25 percent for each, which reduced him back to 1000 along with the ten days.

ITS ALL GOOD

Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:05 am
judd
Planet

shame crabs didn't get a short break.

one for his cheating activities and two for berating and insulting others

Laughing

Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:57 am
Mockingbird
Planetoid

Post subject: Hats off to the fair players.... Reply with quote

If it is not groups of pals passively cheat trading together, or actively denying the fair player their sets or important cards from start to finish, it’s misinterpretation of trade guidelines by self-professed GM experts, who are now justifying poor tactics for their own gain. I’ve been noticing it more and more and actually mentioned it to a couple of people recently in the lobby. Of course that didn’t go down well no matter how truthful it is, and highlighting those activities even if done subtly and individually does not make you popular at all.

We all know that multiplayer 4 and 5 player games are on the whole more fun than the 2 and 3 player format, but on the other hand actually finding a game with 4 or 5 fair playing individuals is just about impossible. Sure it is workable when 3 are playing it fair because they police and restrict the tricky dealings of the less honorable individual, by asking for fair play and refusing to be pulled into cheat trades and tactics, thus marginalizing that kind of play. But all too often its 1 or 2 honest individuals caught in a trident of sniveling cheats that do everything they can to passively manipulate their position in a less than fair way. Furthermore all too often than not they all back each other up in the chat further marginalizing the fair player.

When you’re up against players that for years will neither trade with you no matter how beneficial for both but will with others or open cards to benefit some and ultimately not always themselves then you know the spirit of the game is really missing in the people here.

I take my hat off to those players that go it alone, that see all players equally and individual, who don’t enter into groups or cliques no matter how hidden or understated, that weigh up each and every trade offered and received in a fair and honest way. Who leave with a “good game” even if defeated without offering bad trades or auctions in spite? I take my hat off to the fair player.

What has happened to playing a game for the enjoyment of that alone and not making it just about the winning? What has happened to people nowadays? Is there no enjoyment in playing a game fair anymore? What happened to knowing you won or lost it well……..in sporting gamesmanship? Well its now been marginalized to all but a few players it seems.

Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:23 pm
MrCrabbs

judd wrote:
shame crabs didn't get a short break.

one for his cheating activities and two for berating and insulting others

Laughing

So sorry if I offended. Maybe you'd like to remind us all why you were fired as a mod so I don't have to cast aspersions? Idea

Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:29 pm
MrCrabbs

Mockingbird, I pretty generally win 4/5p games whoever I'm playing with.

In the last fortnight you've accused me of collaborative playing with, well, basically anyone who I actually talk to in the game.

You can't find a single instance where this has happened. But you keep saying it.

Learn how to play, and when you do you'll see that I trade with anyone and everyone, and that's why I win.

Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:10 pm
Mockingbird
Planetoid

To be clear I have no agenda and no one has been accused? If I did have an agenda it is as little as possible about the petty goings on in game and more about having a laugh. If someone who deserves a wind up breaks a spring then that's a bonus with icing.

In a friendly conversation with you I pointed out some observations that have become more and more obvious recently.

What you do crabs is recruit passive teammates. With which you skirt on the fringes of and beyond the trade rules and regulations as clearly shown in this thread. So of course you win a lot of games.

We have played quite a few games of late and in my opinion you play interesting strategies. A lot of good and interesting trades too, but perhaps 1 in 5 of them are fair trades. Most of them are distinctly in your favor. You wrap maybe 3 or 4 complex trade packages up in different offers but ultimately all with the advantage to you. When they are not accepted you often get a bit nasty, telling people to learn the game or that they dont know a good trade. Condescending sarcastic remarks which your cronies love.

Glad to see you back to your true nature. Ie telling everyone to learn the game. Rich indeed coming from a player only just reprimanded for cheat trading. Lol man if I had a donut for every time I've heard you come out with that contrived bs, then I could play donut hoopla with the entire Miley Cyrus fan club.

I've also seen you loose a lot of games badly like everyone else. Just to remind you crabs in our last 2p game I bankrupted you to the lobby in under 14 mins.
Arrogance works well when worn with justification my friend-remember that.

You ran off in a huff afterwards and I feel your still in it.

So here it is.
Your a good player no one is going to deny that. Are you a fair player? : not in my opinion. Are you a nice guy? : occasionally when your winning sure.

So why not just stop with this whinny crusade to demote and ridicule all that don't want to join the crabby band. Accept you won't brainwash every fishy with the click of your pincer toe and just get on with playing the game fairly 4 times in 5 instead of the other way round.

Your a big boy crab after all.

Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:19 pm
Arkarian
Planetoid

Mockingbird wrote:
To be clear I have no agenda and no one has been accused?

Whoa whoa whoa. You accused Togepi and called him a C**t.

Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:17 pm
Mockingbird
Planetoid

LOOLLLLOOOO and that's you isn't it.

See what I mean about little fishy crony minions in pink high heels.

Lol you umpa-lumpas keep me going on dull days.

Laughing