Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Report cheaters, and other complaints Naming infringments and identity theft
      All times are GMT  

Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:47 am
Mockingbird
Planetoid

Post subject: Naming infringments and identity theft Reply with quote

Greetings Dear Patrons, Modifipatrons, Patricks, Ronnies and Sallys,

As representative of the player known to be all things “cake” (body mind and icing), who has cornered the cake name and market within the psyber world known as Galactic Magnate or otherwise informally known as CakelacticMagpie, I would like to bring to the attention of the moderation team the following infringements as follows:

With regards to an unknown player in the GM game masquerading under the user name “noobcake”, please refer to the following issues of contention.

1. Posing as cake while clearly being more of the “pudding” variety within the food chain.

2. Slurring the cake name with a wholly inappropriate noobish classification – (Supercalafradja-sacraligious and a how dare he! I hear you all whisper in shock.)

3. Showing a complete lack of any self respect and originality in the theft of another’s identity and hard earned trademark. In this case the hard earned “cakemark” of my client. Even though we all agree that imitation is the highest form of flattery a certain level of respect is lost in the pre-stated actions of the perpetrator in question. In some lands you can be forced into slavery and the mining of salted peanuts for much lesser offences.

I would propose the following actions.

1. That the name “noobcake” be completely evaporated into the kitchen air.

2. That the perpetrator and instigator of the name, to the fullest extent, be thoroughly custard pied. ( only joking Wink

With that said I would like to submit this petition to the correct GM authority and have it stamped and held in the annals of the institution for all to see and refer to for future delegation and ruling.

Yours most mostly sincerely
(Cakes advocate)
Mr MockingB

“Ive been on some loony shows in my time, but this one takes the cake”
Larry Hagman

Last edited by Mockingbird on Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:14 pm; edited 2 times in total

Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:41 pm
CYN
Admin
Admin

Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to think about my reaction and answer to this so i am acknowledging that i have seen it but will take a while for my reply and it will be short instead of the form in which you decided to spend your time on. I have addressed this with you before and do not understand why you went to such lengths to bring it up again but it is your choice and freedom to do so.

ITS ALL GOOD

Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:58 pm
Mockingbird
Planetoid

Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh it only took me a few minutes.

Actually I don't think this was addressed. I certainly had no answer regrading this name being used. And as I have noticed it being used recently I have raised the issue here. I had previously sent you a pm about it but I didn't get a reply.

Anyway in summery, clearly somone has coped the names I use in order to imitate me or poke fun.

I just want to understand if it is fine and acceptable for anyone on the site to add a noob to other peoples playing names. Ie Noobcyn, traceNoob, noblenoob or whatever. Just doesn't seem right to me especially considering the conitations of the word noob and how it is used as a slur to demean and ridicule.

Thanks for looking.