MrCrabbs

Post subject: annanoob trade embargo Reply with quote

just finished a 5p:

MrCrabbs_4p
JEEP
trace
kitboy
annanoob

Couldn't get so much as an offer out of annanoob. We both needed a trade but he refused everything and sent nothing.

This was in revenge for me having offeded his political views on a previous day. So he decided to waste an hour of my time today.

He also refused to trade with JEEP, though by the sounds of it JEEP wasn't offering the kind of massive sums I was.

annanoob as good as admitted to the trade embargo by saying that trace and kitboy were the "only honourable players in this game" or some such nonsense - in other words he would trade with them but not with us.

annanoob came last and me second last, but was pure luck and could have gone the other way.

Players should not have the right to waste other players' time like this. It ruins the game. It is cheating.

Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:26 pm
heckienaw
Moon

Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going for purple. you opened and bidded past my money. And then send me offers that does not help me only you. I dont think that I have to accept trades that I dont like. And then you started calling me names. Muppet is not my name and I dont like being called out my name. so think what you will.

Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:31 pm
MrCrabbs

There is no law against buying a property someone else wants. In fact, most people want most properties.

I bought it. Deal with it and trade. Don't kill us both.

Don't claim my offers only helped me not you, I offered, amongst many other offers:

- 2 blacks and 900.
- Sell for 3000
- Buy for 3000 (maybe 3500!)

none of which you wanted.

But you didn't send any offers of your own.

And you plain admitted you would not trade with me because you would only trade with Trace and Kitboy.

Muppet is your name.

Last edited by MrCrabbs on Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:00 pm
heckienaw
Moon

Chat can be verified and you should know this.
I said "trace and kitboy where the only respectable players here" I never said I would not trade with you, offering me 2 blacks and money. Is not no where near what I would have had with the purples.
You never offered me an oppertunity to even get the purples untill later in the game when it would have killed me. I didnt send any trade back to you cuz you didnt have anything I wanted other than the purple and you wanted to much for it at that stage in the game.
Once again you are calling me out my name and I don't appreciate it, I have never once called you out of your name and never will. reguardless if you think I was upset about our convo yesterday, which then you called me out my name and you didnt see me on the forums reporting you for it. I personally think you should be repremanded for calling me out my name and even more so doing it on forums, you of all people should know better.
I hold no grudges over political views you are intitled to think what you want. You was the one infact bringing up the convo not me. So if anything you was the one runing the game because of our convo!

Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:59 pm
MrCrabbs

Quote:
I said "trace and kitboy where the only respectable players here" I never said I would not trade with you

You said this in direct reply to me and JEEP complaining that you were refusing all trades and sending none. It is clear what you meant.

Quote:
offering me 2 blacks and money. Is not no where near what I would have had with the purples.

It is not my fault you couldn't afford purples. I offered you 2nd and 3rd blacks, each worth around 1300, and another 1000, so 3600 worth of cash and properties.

You instead chose to finish 5th.

They are not "your" purples because you decide you want them.

Quote:
You never offered me an oppertunity to even get the purples untill later in the game when it would have killed me.

You didn't have any money, and you didn't send any offers anyway.

If you felt the price was too high, you should have sold, since I was offering that much and more.

And if you decide the only thing on the whole board you want is purple, it's very strange not to send any offers to try to buy it!

Quote:
Once again you are calling me out my name and I don't appreciate it

We have rules against swearing. Hopefully we don't have rules against referring to 1970s puppet shows.

Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:24 pm
heckienaw
Moon

MrCrabbs wrote:
Muppet is your name.

You was not referring to a muppet show and you know it, so don't try and back peddle now.
Reguardless if it wasn't a swear word or not, you was still calling me out my name and I feel that is disrespectful, I said in the game I did not like being called names and you put MUPPET < like this...So that was again doing after being asked not to, then you come on forums and do it AGAIN.

And to your comment as to" what I ment" , are you reading minds now?

I didn't even type that untill after the name calling started, which was actully what I was referring to.

Oh and don't forget to mention YOU was the one who told JEEP not to trade with ME... or did you forget that part to?

Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:17 pm
MrCrabbs

The reason I made this complaint is that you wasted an hour of my time by blocking and refusing to trade - fact.

If after all that the worst that happens is you get called a muppet, that's nothing to complain about.

I did ask Jeep not to trade, once we were deep in recession, he had had all his trades refused, and the only result of you and him trading would have been to gift you 4th instead of 5th. It would not have helped him at that point - you had already ruined the game for him and for me.

Quote:
And to your comment as to" what I ment" , are you reading minds now?

The context - when you said it and who you chose to trade with and not trade with - makes what you meant very clear.

Besides, don't be questioning other people's respectability and yet still play the victim.

Muppets are at least respectable, in their way.[/quote]

Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:32 pm
asada
Planetoid

sorry for my interference, i just wan to knw form CYN. Is it obligated to trade even one of this 2 person does nt wan to trade?

Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:15 pm
heckie
Planetoid

didnt quesion nothing, your actions do that.

Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:26 am
CYN
Admin
Admin

The trade embargo rule is hard to rule on and is only penalized if it is 100 percent provable which is rare. He never said he wouldnt trade and although you like my last ruling crabs you wont like this one because there will not be a penalty and personally i would not of took the trade offers you were making either and just because they do not counter offer does not mean they arent trading they just may not feel trading with anything you have will better their standings with what you require to trade. You have to admit most all your trade offers benefit you more than the one you are offering it to.
As for the name calling, while it wasnt foul language name calling is NOT allowed here and you know that. Warning that name calling will not be tolerated. And please do not blatantly ask another player not to trade someone or it is close to being something that can be penalized. Sorry I know you will not like this ruling but as usual we rarely agree on things but i make my judgements as i see them and to the best I can with what i can see on logs, never will everyone agree on any one ruling.

ITS ALL GOOD

Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:16 am
MrCrabbs

Well thanks for looking into it anyway, and sorry for the mild name-calling.

Though no I don't like the ruling Razz

PS: My trade offers don't favour me more. They reflect bargaining power. In this instance we were very evenly matched in our game positions, so I offered him excellent trades.

3500 for last purple is nothing short of brilliant.

2nd and 3rd black plus a grand is not to be sniffed at either. The fourth was at first unsold and then later trace bought it cheap at about 1100 because for some reason heckie didn't bid. So he could easily have got a full set of blacks and had money leftover, having made a large profit of about 1500 on pink.

And offering to sell for 3000, which would have given him enough cash left for 1st upgrade and enough time for the second, and only about 700 profit for me, is perfectly fair too.

What I do agree on though is the principle that trade embargos should only be ruled on when 100% clear and if you don't think it is then fair enough.