Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Questions & Suggestions Trade offers transparency
      All times are GMT  

Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:08 am
NewMagnate
Moon

Post subject: Trade offers transparency Reply with quote

What do you think about making clear all incoming/outgoing trading offers for all players in the game?
I see such advantages: decreasing annoying repeated incoming offers, trasparency in detecting cheaters (before the deal).
Disadvantages: loss of intrigue.
What do you think?

Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:47 am
MrCrabbs

Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the intrigue. Don't like this idea, unless it was a setting you could choose. Visible or invisible trade offers.

Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:17 pm
trace567

I don't agree with having offers on view to all players. Whilst at times you feel it would be nice to view such, I think it would ruin the game by taking out the mystery and having to use your brain to think what others may do in trade respects.

I would rather suggest that perhaps you could view all trade offers AFTER the game if you so wished to. Such a feature could be used as a learning tool to improve your own trading by viewing the idea's of others and also to alert you to a unfair trader that you may wish to avoid in the future. But I really think having them in game would not be a good idea.

Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:27 pm
NewMagnate
Moon

Thanks, it is good idea to have the list of ALL trade offers (accepted or declined).

Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:19 pm
theunknownamus

Post subject: GAME tab? Reply with quote

Gah, what is it called? The tab in the game currently that, when clicked, shows the action data of every player. (Dice rolls, trades, upgrading, etc) All the actions made in the game/the entire tab history, should be made viewable by players. Either implement a scroll bar or have it accessable after the game, are my suggestions.

Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:15 am
MrCrabbs

trace567 wrote:
I would rather suggest that perhaps you could view all trade offers AFTER the game if you so wished to. Such a feature could be used as a learning tool to improve your own trading by viewing the idea's of others and also to alert you to a unfair trader that you may wish to avoid in the future. But I really think having them in game would not be a good idea.

That's a great idea!

Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:56 pm
theunknownamus

MrCrabbs wrote:
trace567 wrote:

That's a great idea!

Seconded. Smile