Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Report cheaters, and other complaints Blessings - insulting and trade embargo
      All times are GMT  

Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:19 pm
MrCrabbs

Post subject: Blessings - insulting and trade embargo Reply with quote

I'd like to report Blessings for a 4p game just now with me as MrCrabbs_3p, trace, blessings and sam someone. Ended about 11:05 forum time.

Blessings never trades with me. Every game he's in, he refuses to trade. As soon as I send a single offer, he calls my offers stupid and asks me to stop offering trades.

He then proceeds through the whole game refusing to trade. Every game.

In this instance, of course, we finished 4th and 3rd.

This is a blatant case of a Trade Embargo, where a player refuses to trade, sends no offers and refuses all offers, despite it obviously being in their advantage to do so.

We were neck and neck for money most of the game, and who came 3rd vs 4th basically came down to a coin-toss, pure luck. Therefore no strategy was involved on Blessings part - refusing to trade was certainly not a "style of play" or any of the other reasons that are trotted out for this sort of behaviour. It killed us both.

We also argued in the chat. This is extremely puerile to say but it's obvious that he started it, and he also decided to start insulting my parents.

My main concern on the chat side is that this made it unpleasant for the other two players in the game, and that's partly my fault.

But my main complaint here is the Trade Embargo. I would like the rule enforced as discussed on these forums here:

http://www.galacticmag.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3281&highlight=nontrading

Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:43 pm
CYN
Admin
Admin

Post subject: Reply with quote

As everyone knows this is a hard rule to enforce as no one knows the others strategy and just because one player thinks a trade is good or that the other player has no choice, does not mean the other player views it the same way or thinks like you do.
HOWEVER, in this situation, blessings blatantly refused to trade and stated so. You must at least consider offers and/or counter offer to benefit yourself.
25% reduction to blessings as this is not the first time.
Again, please remember a player is not cheating just because they do not accept any trades from you as they may not consider your trade viable to them but stating you completely refuse to trade with someone is not beneficial.
Also warning to blessing that if future chat goes in the direction you were in that game, you will be penalized.

ITS ALL GOOD

Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:53 pm
MrCrabbs

Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much.

I completely agree that when there's any doubt, the non-trader should be given the benefit of the doubt, so that people are free to play the game as they see fit.

But you're right, this is a very clear case. And blessings is a very experienced player, who would definitely have understood that he was messing up the game for me, for no gain to himself.