Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Questions & Suggestions Virtual currency
      All times are GMT  

Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:53 pm
Welsh-Leek
Ex Moderator

Post subject: Reply with quote

Trace is right... at a charge of 1.99 usd per game your new venture is going to need all the luck it can get!

All the regular players here that have been here years are probably going to leave GM behind completely. The update was long over due but for me personally the upgrade to a game that s going to cost me 1.99usd per game is something that I cannot afford and therefore for me will NOT be playing the new updated version. Which may I add is absolute daylight robbery!!

KRESO IF YOU READ THIS .... I beg on behalf of the whole GM community that has enjoyed this game for many years, that you reconsider the move to let this version to be shut down for good when the new game comes online. I think maybe you should consider running the two versions along side each other. Even if it boils down to server costs for this version, im sure the current GM community would be happy to pay a small monthly fee to cover the costs of keeping the server going on the old version that we all love and would miss.

Steve

Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:19 pm
MrCrabbs

They've agreed to a monthly charge instead: http://www.galacticmag.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5824

Very Happy

Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:20 pm
Falun
Planetoid

Leak your getting all hot and bothered over nothing. There is no charge of 1.99 per game.

The proposal is to pay for a certain amount of gold coins and from that you buy flat rate game time. Possibly there will be other options for which the gold can be used for too.

Why all the drama? The world changes, you have to move with it or you fall off and end up floating somewhere up in space... or wales perhaps.

Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:39 pm
Welsh-Leek
Ex Moderator

Maybe now they have taken players suggestions on the matter but there was a charge of 1.99 prior to this!

Im glad the game is gettin an upgrade but there is far to much change for my liking. It will be like an entirely different game! I just cant see why they cant run the two games along side each other.

Anywho WE have NO option but to accept the forth coming changes and say goodbye to The GM we all know and loved.

Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:45 pm
Welsh-Leek
Ex Moderator

And Besides falun... We are in a global recession and not all of us have excess money to throw away on games, especially when there are so many free games out there!

where ever a person is in the world be it wales or any where else we are all in very tight times where the cost of living keeps rising!

so for me and maybe a lot of others, paying for a game is out of the question!

BUT GOOD LUCK to the creators and good luck to the players who have enough money to throw away on such things as online games!

Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:32 pm
Falun
Planetoid

Recession?

In the last 4 years there was
180 million iPhones sold
130 million Mac computers
90 million iPods touch
70 million iPads

There were 30 billion apps sold in the iTunes store.

Global recession or not there is plenty of people out there just waiting to happily buy new galactic magnate gold coins.
It doesn't take a clever man to realize THAT is exactly the market you want to have your product in.

The reason there is not more people here is that the place is stagnant and stuck in the past.

Time to move onwards and upwards.

Last edited by Falun on Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:41 pm
Welsh-Leek
Ex Moderator

Take ya long to google them stats? lol

yes times are change in , And im all for it , but daylight robbery prices im not for! seems the pricing structure is looking a whole lot better now and hope it works for everyone

Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:43 am
Falun
Planetoid

The google time,? Confused What difference does it make?

I had previously watched the Apple Worldwide Developers Conference 2012 which took 1hour 53 min and 9 seconds actually.

Your time would be better spent getting yourself out of recession so you can buy some new magnate gold coins. Rolling Eyes

This mail took 47 seconds
Wink

Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:37 pm
MrCrabbs

I was talking with Trace and Welsh-Leek yesterday about the payment system.

The developers might find it profitable to offer the game similar to how it is now for free, and have all the improvements as part of the 99 cent/week thing.

That would:

- Attract lots of new players, who would start off playing for free
- Give players the choice whether to pay or not
- Possibly increase profits AND be best for players

I am not talking about keeping old GM going as a separate thing, but rather running the free and premium options as part of one game.

Tribal Wars is a game that does something like this. There's absolutely loads of players, but to be successful in the game it is pretty much necessary to pay for the premium account.

Choosing what should be in the free and what should be in the premium package would require careful thought, but I think it could work.

Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:27 pm
trace567

Also if this method was adopted, I think it would be beneficial to give new players the full version (be it VIP or premium or whatever you wish to call it) for a trial period, of 2 weeks or 30 days, something like that. Get them hooked on the game and the fancy features, basically and show them what they can get for their money, then take it away from them so they go back to free version without all the extra's, maybe with ad's to cover the costs. By then hopefully they are hooked, and love all the fancy stuff and no ad's. If it is then affordable they will want to pay.

This kind of method would put the game on an even level with most other online games. It would help to keep a good player base, retain existing users of which the game needs to help guide the new users through and to set the level so to speak.

Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:13 pm
NewMagnate
Moon

Thank you Tracy,
We don't want to impose VIP package on all users.
Only if player want to have:
1. Ability to create your own unique chip (you should choose the material and color of material of the chip (metal, wood, gold, precious stone), and the figure upon this base - signs of the Zodiac, statuettes (cat, dog, car, ball etc.) and so on. 
2. Ability to choose one of the several board themes (different colors and styles - classic wood, severe, pink, natural and special limited themes - Christmas, Halloween).
3. Ability to create customized game and invite friends.
4. Unlimited game subscription will be included for the VIP period
I don't think that it will be interesting for all users and don't think that we have to create vip addiction.

Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:50 pm
trace567

I see it more as showing them what they could get for their money, before they choose to part with their cash. If they feel it is worth the money they will pay, if they don't they won't.

Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:07 pm
NewMagnate
Moon

Ok, we will offer free 1 week test period for VIP package.

Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:03 pm
Welsh-Leek
Ex Moderator

Big Thanks to you for listening to our suggestions and acting on them. I myself am very greatfull for the turn around on the financial side of things!
and yes Im a tight **** falun unfortunately lol.

quite looking to the upgrade now Laughing Laughing Laughing

Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:47 pm
theunknownamus

Don't be so hard on yourself, Steve. Smile Unless you're into that sort of thing.... >.<