Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Questions & Suggestions Virtual currency
      All times are GMT  

Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:05 am
trace567

Post subject: Reply with quote

If its 1.99 to buy, but you can gain free coins by watching ad's...I would imagine you wouldn't get many per ad.

I understand that with all the new improvements etc it has cost money, and of course ultimately the intention is not just to recoup the costs spent on this project, but to indeed make money from the game. But I do have a fear that the coin system may cause too many problems.

Those problems I feel could be:

1) it directly punishes the not so skilled players as they are the one's who will be having to refill their coins often. This would effect new players just as much as less skilled or lucky players.

2) With a coins to buy a game system and with a much easier cheat reporting system there will be a huge number of people making reports so they get their coins back, and to make sure the cheaters lose theirs. Currently as it is simply points and going to the forum to report a lot of cheat trading goes unpunished simply as players can't be bothered to report unless the cheat is really horrific. they have nothing to gain by reporting. This would change under the new system and they would have everything to gain! Not to mention the fact there would be more users because of the fb apps etc.

3) It could also encourage teaming, of which even with new admin controls may still be extremely difficult to confirm and punish.

MY SUGGESTION:

I would suggest doing away with the coins completely. Non paying players could have the game but without some of the added features. They would simply get to play the game, report games, join in lobby convo's and have PM ability. They would also perhaps have to watch say 1 minute (2 ad's) before joining each game.
New players could be awarded a 1 week VIP free trial.

VIP/paying players would experience the full range of functions available. Ability to blacklist, friends list, see game statistics, view other members stats etc etc. This kind of thing. Along with NO ad's before being able to play games.
The price of course would have to be a reasonable one so as to encourage as many paying customers as possible.

VIP could be purchased in ways such as 1 week, 1 month, subscription payment every month for a set price.

Something you may want to think about anyway.

Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:29 pm
heckie
Planetoid

I play lots of games online. I dont pay for any of them. That being said this game (as soon as my free stuff run out) will not be one of them.

Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:46 pm
CYN
Admin
Admin

I understand the concerns here of cost and 1.99 per game is too high (if that is what it is) however I play several games on line and even on facebook. They all have the option to purchase more coins but I have never had to with what is given and offered for starting on the game, winning, giveaways etc. I do believe this is what we will have here and it will not be costing most players anything. We will have to wait and see but I think the coin issue is being taken out of perportion purportion preportion lol you know what i mean

ITS ALL GOOD

Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:42 pm
Welsh-Leek
Ex Moderator

In no way is the coins thing being blown out of proportion Cyn. The fact of the matter is that even if you get free coins, the cost per game in coins to the rewards (winning the game ) coins ratio is tiny. Unless you come first on every game you play its hardly worth you playing, And therefore will quickly run out of coins.

Free coins are great, for as long as they last, but the cost of 1,99usd for 10 coins, which gets you one game is just blatant daylight robbery.

My suggestion is to the developers/creators is that they either offer extra features for which they charge for or increase coins to 100 for 1,99 , thus giving players 10 games for there 1,99 usd and or increasing coins winnings per game.

Im still waiting for my original question from the beginning of this topic to be answered also which was what is the cost of 10 such coins ?

Look forward to your replys , and also hope other users will stand up and give their views on the whole matter of this new version, coz gone is GM as we know it for ever when the take over is finalized.

Regards

Steve

Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:30 pm
Falun
Planetoid

Maybe CYN is getting a piece of the coin action? After all she is being kept on as mod even though it's clearly possible for the program to control fair trade all by itself. If programmed properly in the first place.

Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:24 pm
MrCrabbs

So in fact, the game won't cost 20 cent. It will earn 1.80 cent for the winner, and cost the loser 1.99.

But it's worse than that, because the winner can't turn their coins into cash, they can only give them back to the owners.

So, each game bags the owners 2 dollars.

Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:28 pm
NewMagnate
Moon

I see that this theme is a subject to many concerns. Thank you for your suggestions which I will definitely think over.

I will take some time and invent some options which will allow players to stay - for example, the system will give 2 coins free each day to a zero-balance player. So he can play a new game in 5 days. Of course we are interested to keep as many players as possible.

I also see that no one has checked www.tapjoy.com - you don't have to spend lots of time watching ads, but have just to install apps on your mobile devices. For each installation you get about 0.5$ - so you install 4 apps and you're back in the game.

Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:35 pm
trace567

Can we please have clarification that 10 coins will cost 1.99 usd?

Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:48 pm
NewMagnate
Moon

To MrCrabbs:

You got some points right, but it's not really so much (2$ for each game), 'cause there will be lots of free coins coming with new players, lotteries, daily refund to 0-balances. We're really not planning to earn crazy millions on the game )

No, you cannot get your reward back in cash 'cause it's not gambling. But by winning you get more and more new games for you = more and more fun.

But you're right that there's no other option than to earn from overall operations. It's a server-involved game and needs to be sustained. And unlike Angry Birds we hardly can sell soft toys to fans to monetize )

And to Tracy:

Yes, 1,99$ for 10 coins

Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:24 pm
trace567

1.99 per 10 coins/game

All I have to say is GOODLUCK

I think you will be needing it.

Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:31 pm
Falun
Planetoid

Personally I am inclined to give the new developers the benifit of the doubt. They obviously have done a lot if work on this and I really do hope they make a stack of cash for their efforts. They did the work invested the cash and took the chances after all.
Let's wait and see and give it a good go.
All the best with it.

Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:14 am
MrCrabbs

As much as I like the developments, I cannot help but dislike the idea of paying per game, even with the cushioned blow of free coins.

You will always get some people paying, and everyone else will be trying to take their coins off them.

The best players will be like sharks, predating on newbs.

The best players will avoid each other because that entails a real risk of losing money.

I would much rather a simple "per month" fee than this, which is not playing a game, it is gambling.

You can try to confuse the issue with coins, but for me, it's gambling.

I would never play for money.

I would pay a monthly fee to play as much as I like. But no to gambling.

Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:25 am
MrCrabbs

And I am not very interested in special bribes to sugar coat the pill for existing users.

I am more interested in a game that will be charged at a fair rate to everyone, without taking advantage of stupid people.

Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:34 am
MrCrabbs

NewMagnate wrote:
I also see that no one has checked www.tapjoy.com - you don't have to spend lots of time watching ads, but have just to install apps on your mobile devices. For each installation you get about 0.5$ - so you install 4 apps and you're back in the game.

I did, but I could see no explanation at all of how it works.

It's just a happy flowers marketing front page.

Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:20 pm
Arkarian
Planetoid

NewMagnate wrote:
daily refund to 0-balances

What if you have less than 10 but more than 0 coins? Would you just have to take your chances with the lottery or pay up?