Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Questions & Suggestions The transfering of accounts from old to new system
      All times are GMT  

Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:56 pm
trace567

Post subject: The transfering of accounts from old to new system Reply with quote

I was speaking to CYN last night, and she was under the impression that they will be manually moved. Now I'm not too clear on how the points thing will work and if players will chose which accounts to move over to the new system and if those points will go too. Anyway, if it is done manually I can see that being one hell of a job for 1 moderator and the new team.

So my suggestion is this:

Instead of the transferring of points and account names, how about for say 2 weeks have the new GM available as only the download version (as is now), so no facebook, ipad, iphone apps to start with. Then during those 2 weeks all new user accounts could be given a higher start points, plus whatever the coins will be for the old users. So for instance say the game when gets going all new accounts begin with 1k points. For the first 2 weeks have all new accounts beginning with 5k points and (just for argument sake) 3000 coins to get started with.
It would save any manual moving, everyone who knows the game will be able to start the new game higher up the ranks. Those more or less skilled will soon become apparent. In coins respects also regardless of skill level all current users would be rewarded for their time spent here.

If kreso could place a message on the lobby of the old GM (where it used to say number of users and games) alerting players to the date when switch over will take affect and that they MUST create new accounts within x time in order to receive the bonus.

Having a couple of weeks before it goes onto fb and other things may also be a benefit for continued testing of the new game with all the old/current players.

Also an email could be sent from the forum alerting players of the same. It would also be a nice way to start everyone from scratch again on a whole new rank list, whilst also saving time for mods and admins who I assume will also have to be learning the new admin and mod controls etc.

Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:20 pm
NewMagnate
Moon

Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you,
Tomorrow I will suggest the system based on your ideas.
Alex

Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:50 pm
Falun
Planetoid

Seems very unfair to long term player that just don't know anything about the transfer. Simply better to have a points transfer linked within the new game that gives coins based on your 3 picked accounts. This way people that come back to the game in 3 months from now will still get some benifiting from their accounts that they worked hard building up in old gm.

Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:06 pm
NewMagnate
Moon

We're not yet ready to introduce the final procedure of accounts transfer. We'll be back with this topic in the end of September. But all your thoughts and suggestions are very welcome and would be taken into consideration.

Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:56 pm
heckie
Planetoid

There are to many topics on this new game as is..