Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Questions & Suggestions New feature. Black list ratio
      All times are GMT  

Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:39 pm
NewMagnate
Moon

Post subject: New feature. Black list ratio Reply with quote

Sometimes you can meet opponents whose style of playing seems annoying. The new version gives you an opportunity to create a personal black list (with the ability to remove players back if you change your mind). You can add player to black list during the game.
How it works:
1. In the next game the system will not put you in one game, you are not going to play with this player for the next 6 months
2. In the profile of each player you can see his BL ratio (shown graphically from green to black). It will be considered as the amount of people who put the player to their BL divided by the number of games played in the last 6 months (so if the player changes his ways his BL ratio improves).
3. In game settings you can turn on the the automatic avoidance of players with black rating, meaning you'll never play with them.
5. For the player this indicator will show how other players find his manner of playing
6. Bl ratio is shown for the players starting from copper-level

We want to make the game better, so please write what you think about this feature, offer your ideas.

Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:54 pm
CYN
Admin
Admin

Post subject: Reply with quote

I do like the idea of this feature. Everyone has their own style of playing and strategies which may not be liked by all. Having the choice to no longer play a game with someone due to a conflict or dislike of playing style is a definite plus. I do see this being misused as some personal conflicts may cause someone to blacklist another however as you said it shows the ratio so even if you are blacklisted by a select few it will not effect you in the long run.

ITS ALL GOOD

Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:53 pm
trace567

To choose to avoid people you dislike, or dislike their way of play is a good thing. But like CYN said I also fear the blacklist could be abused, or cause those with a certain type of style to get blacklisted unfairly so. Say in one game you made mistake or just did something silly one time...especially when new and learning. If that were a 5p game you could get 4 people blacklist you for 1 game.

Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:21 am
CYN
Admin
Admin

Still a great idea though and if you get 4 players blacklist you from one game it will go away in time. I prefer to have the option to blacklist someone that I prefer not to play a game with
The statement says it goes away over time so i do not think the problems with some blacklisting you for wrong reason outweighs the advantage to not play those you dont want to play

ITS ALL GOOD

Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:44 pm
NewMagnate
Moon

"Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned." -Buddha

To decrease impulsive using of BL marking, I think, it will be fair, if BLpoints are distributed between giving and taking parts in proportion 25/75. So it can prevent people from impulsive and thoughtless marking other people. For instance, if you BLed somebody, he or she received 0,75 BL point and you 0,25 accordingly.

I think, that BL ratio in future can prevent you from playing with the most odious players. But it will be unfair to prohibit them from playing the game (as you mentioned in case when 4 BLed). People with highest BL ratio can play with each other for their pleasure Smile.

Thank you for your suggestions.

Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:34 pm
trace567

Not sure I like the thought that in order to blacklist anyone, you will in turn be adding to your own black list % or whatever it is. I see that it is as a deterrent to blacklist but I dunno. I would of thought blacklisting should be a private matter so each user can have a private black list of users they do not wish to play, but that their list won't in turn affect anyone user in locating games with others. I mean I don't worry that I will get blacklisted as I am frequently a fairly passive player (rather than aggressive - ie opens a lot). But those with the strategy of opening or blocking as we know some strongly dislike this style, but if it is not against the rules it shouldn't be reflected on them as being a bad person to play...its a matter of personal preference but equally keeps the game highly dynamic in nature.

Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:44 pm
MrCrabbs

I would allow the blacklist rating to be seen, but would not apply the "auto-block" function suggested - allow each player to judge based on their own experience of a player, and on the rating they can see.

I would not have a "self-blacklisting" aspect in the 25/75 suggestion, or anything like that, since then the ones who report are effectively being punished when they may be doing a service.

Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:38 pm
NewMagnate
Moon

Thanks,
25/75 will not be applied.
Alex

Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:30 am
Falun
Planetoid

A simple personal blacklist that is not visible to any other players as Tracy has suggested is by far the best way in my opinion. The visible blacklist will simply bring tension and bad feelings especially for the reasons tracy mentions. Just keep it simple and a personal choice of who you play. After all this is a tried and tested method used in hundreds of games and web sites.
As you have already quoted some wise advise I would urge that new gm makes every effort to avoid hurt, confusion and individual tarring that is public.

Simply speaking eventually the very bad offenders simply will have nobody to play as they will be on everyone's blacklist. This is a passive approach to conflict.

Regards

Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:21 pm
trace567

Regardless of how the blacklist will eventually work in respect of being public or not....as players will be allowed up to 3 accounts (2 sub accounts I think it was) will all their accounts be automatically added to the blacklist?
Also how will that work in respect of couples or other family members? Will they have to share accounts or will they be able to have their own with their own sub accounts?