Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Questions & Suggestions New rules
      All times are GMT  

Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:36 pm
MrCrabbs

Post subject: New rules Reply with quote

The "rules" given in the announcements on dropbox ( https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zq9bg21z4kxmm13/I8zDBFs0F8 ) explain how the game works, but they are not rules in the sense of what you are and are not allowed to do, eg: types of acceptable trade, swearing, trade embargoes.

It would be good if the new developers could lay those out, too, ideally in reference to Kreso's original rules.

Will mods decide on cheat trades, or will there be a less administrative but also less precise "auto-block" of trades, coupled with the blacklist ratings?

Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:45 pm
MrCrabbs

Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, who will be taking the decisions on cheat trades?

For the present head mod, this is probably her weakest area. It would be good to have a return to some of the better cheat trade modding from the past, with a head mod and team who have a stronger grasp of the rules.

Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:46 pm
NewMagnate
Moon

could you give me the links?

Last edited by NewMagnate on Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:50 pm
MrCrabbs

I would have to dig around with the search facility on the forums, since as I say, they exist, but have been buried.

Will let you know what I can find.

Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:56 pm
NewMagnate
Moon

The rules which you want to include in the file for new players.

Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:40 pm
MrCrabbs

OK. This thread, top post by Kreso, gives the general rules:

http://www.galacticmag.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=80&highlight=trade

But I think it is best understood by the following: a trade must have a reasonable chance of benefiting both players, where benefitting means "improving your rank in that game".

ie: It is OK to take a gamble on a deal that might work out or might not, and also, there is no requirement for it to benefit both "equally" - the extent to which each player benefits will be determined by their relative bargaining power and technique. But they should both have a reasonable chance of benefitting.

Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:03 pm
CYN
Admin
Admin

Sorry to disappoint you Crabbs but I am staying on as admin and head mod. We will be getting more mods once the new version gets going

ITS ALL GOOD

Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:30 am
MrCrabbs

I didn't say you shouldn't be an admin or head mod.

I said you are not very good at ruling on cheat trades, and that other people have performed that role better.

Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:32 am
MrCrabbs

I could give you a list of links to some bizarre decisions, newly made-up rules, misunderstandings of the rules, U-turns, and general confusions emanating from your good self, if it helps.

Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:20 pm
aussie
Ex Moderator

Lets not beat around the bush...Cyn has always been a lousy mod.........she has always been deficient in the knowledge as to how to define a cheat trade. Together with her poor people skills she alone is responsible for many players leaving the game. When and if people pay to play the game do you really think they will continue to cough up real cash to cop her sh**?

Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:47 pm
Falun
Planetoid

Please consider completely removing the auction option. It is only ever used by the looser to hurt a perticular individual. It's of no use at all in benifiting a persons position.

If the developers were smart enough they should program in the situation where mods and rulings were not required. And example would be that at a particulars stage in the game the person deemed by the game to be leading could not be afforded further trade deals. Or even better simply program in that deals have to be withing a band of fairness. Ie a value band of say 20 percent that is calculated with factors like time to recession and earning potential. This way all trades that are accepted by the game must be withing the rules. Then there will be no need for petty arguments and moderators at all. People just need to learn the bands of trade acceptance and use it to their advantage. Does away with cheat trades altogether.
Isn't that simple? it's all just maths to a clever programmer.

Regards

Last edited by Falun on Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:52 pm
meg
Planet

If you dont like trades dont play more then 2p. If you take it away you may as well play monopolyly. This is meant to be a variation not an exact version.

Helen i agree that there are too many posts being locked hence why i think there should be more than one mod and both should have to review a complaint before a decision is made. I will not pay for the privilege to have one person decide everything.