Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Questions & Suggestions The new board design
      All times are GMT  

Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:02 pm
trace567

Post subject: The new board design Reply with quote

Why in the screen shot are all properties 500?

The board looks too busy, too much going on. Is there a need for the dollar signs?
Not all countries run in dollars!

Also where's the blacks and whites! They are key properties and they seem almost invisible on the board.

Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:11 pm
trace567

Post subject: Reply with quote

What size will the board be on a screen? Will it be full screen like now? or the ability to play in full screen.

From the screen shots it looks very small.

Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:50 pm
NewMagnate
Moon

Thank you,
1. All prices will be the same as in GM
2. Dollar signs will be removed
3. As for screen resolution it will be for smartphones, tablets, Facebook (in this case we are limited by 760x600)
4. I'm not satisfied with screens  usability and agree that now they look too complicated, but we have to find compromise between simplicity and functionality. I'll be glad to get your proposals.

Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:55 pm
CYN
Admin
Admin

The screen shots and rules they posted for everyone's viewing is not the final draft or board. Please keep that in mind.

ITS ALL GOOD

Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:00 pm
bezma2

Who asked you enything Cyn
you had 6 months to say something about ...now its time to be quiet ,,understand ... they...and who are they... shhhhh dont answer... be quiet for few days ....

Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:01 pm
CYN
Admin
Admin

Good bye Bez

ITS ALL GOOD

Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:03 pm
trace567

So are you happy to go from full screen to tiny over night?

I am trying to be constructive here, yes a lot of work and effort has very clearly gone into this venture. But that doesn't mean we have to like these massive changes. Yes gm needs work, updates improvements. But what appears to have been created is a entirely new game boosting the same rules colours board layout (sort of) to go on facebook to a tiny app. We will lose this place the game we have played for years what in replace of a tiny game resembling it with a ton of niffy new things to be paid for.

I am all for change, but this just looks wrong, feels wrong...it feels like GM will be dead and in place a childish looking tiny game which will be flooded out by one time only facebook players.

Sorry, but this is not what WE wanted. That must be seen surely by the comments so far by other users. THEY are NOT HAPPY. Please hear them, they are the players of Galactic magnate.

Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:43 pm
NewMagnate
Moon

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate greatly your constructive messages, and even more knowing that you are one of the most active players.
We haven't planned to make a full screen version, but if this is what you need we surely can do that.
The second thing is that we are not cutting the functional side of the game. The reason for taking this project for future development is my own true interest - I've been playing it since 2008. GM (unlike many "Monopoly"-type games) is not primitive, your success is based not only on following one and the same "right" strategy, but on understanding who your opponents are and how they play. Knowing that nobody can imagine that we are trying to ruin it - on the contrary, we think that this game deserves a better fate which we want to bring it to (and are investing in it). But obviously current design is out-of-date, so the change of board look is inevitable. Of course it's hard to get used to novelties, but I believe that a wider recognition will make the game better - more exciting and technically closer to perfection.

Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:51 pm
trace567

Thank you. I do understand where you are coming from and without question GM as a game has been slowly and sadly dying out. Mostly due to being over shadowed by a larger company and from mcafee slating the game as having viruses which it does not.

Full screen I think will be very important to the original players of GM. I know for myself I could not tolerate playing a game like gm on a very tiny window. Its hard enough if you try and play monopoly on the rival site on their tiny screen. I think it would be a very bad move to copy that plan.

Will this new version have its own website, and be able to be played from the website independently from facebook? Or is the game simply going to be a facebook app.

Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:11 pm
NewMagnate
Moon

You won't need to stay on or to use Facebook to play the game. It can be done independently.
Same as before you will download a game app (you'll have to get the new version) from the same website and install it. Then you'll open this app on your computer and will play the full screen version.

But if you wish to play from an iPad, iPhone, Android smartphone, Macbook or through FB - you are free to do so.

Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:02 pm
trace567

Thank you for explaining that. Glad it will remain possible to use in a fullscreen environment.

Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:02 pm
MrCrabbs

NewMagnate wrote:
You won't need to stay on or to use Facebook to play the game. It can be done independently.
Same as before you will download a game app (you'll have to get the new version) from the same website and install it. Then you'll open this app on your computer and will play the full screen version.

But if you wish to play from an iPad, iPhone, Android smartphone, Macbook or through FB - you are free to do so.

I am really pleased to hear that!

Basically, if I don't have to pay any money to play this game, I expect I am going to love it.

But please keep your hands out of my pocket. I won't be buying coins because I've been on a bad run!