Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Report cheaters, and other complaints warning - 'not to auction properties out of spite'
      All times are GMT  

Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:55 pm
IkeCarlini
Asteroid

Post subject: warning - 'not to auction properties out of spite' Reply with quote

disagree with this judgement. i don't see anything wrong with this. it's not as if all players in the game did not have money to bid and if i was giving properties away to alter the balance of the game in that way then i would agree. however this was not the case. if cyn looked at my game she should see this was probably the only opportunity for me to move forward in the game by altering the balance in a fair way from the position i was in. someone complained because they didn't like it. my comments were returned using the terminology of the complainant and then used against me. i would not have chosen that word had it not been used.

i would like the case reconsidered and my warning lifted.

Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:16 pm
CYN
Admin
Admin

Post subject: Reply with quote

You received a warning not a ban due to the fact of the conversation that took place. You cannot auction out of spite and/or to ruin game intentionally. As long as you do not do this or say that your doing this then the warning will not effect you.

ITS ALL GOOD

Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:53 pm
IkeCarlini
Asteroid

but that conversation was engineered by the complainant. i didn't auction my properties out of spite unless you consider trying to encourage a bidding war spite? it could only help my situation whatever the outcome, this is strategy. the conversation was instigated by the complainant, not me and the words used were originally used by the complainant. i just chose to indulge the complainant in their line of conversation as things didn't turn out like i hoped. i don't think it is fair to provoke someone, put words in their mouth and then complain about it. given this i don't think the warning is apt. i understand that given future actions this will not affect me but that is not the point it is a matter of principle,

i think partially because of this whole debacle i've had nockTurnal on open chat asking will if i will be spiteful and then saying publicly saying they don't like my style of play or attitude and the logging off straight away. which again is not fair. i had already suggested we not play each other, there was no need. this person had already butted-in on the last thread. seems like a few people who regard themselves as veterans are trying to control this game.

Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:29 am
CYN
Admin
Admin

Post subject: Warning to NockTurnal Reply with quote

Point taken and I did go over the chat again before I replied earlier. While it is easy to get provoked you do need to be mindful of statements made. It is hard to hear intent through written chat. Some do get irritated when losing and make moves to ruin game and some do it out of desperation. I make my judgements as fairly as possible with the information available. As I said in the original response the warning was issued due to your statements, provoked or not statements can be taken as they are written.
However, this was in one game and I am issuing a warning to Nockturnal to leave the subject be and not continue with negative statements towards you. It is his and your choice whether to play against each other again but the banter will not be allowed.

ITS ALL GOOD

Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:46 am
nockTurnal
Planetoid

IkeCarlini wrote:
i think partially because of this whole debacle i've had nockTurnal on open chat asking will if i will be spiteful and then saying publicly saying they don't like my style of play or attitude and the logging off straight away. which again is not fair. i had already suggested we not play each other, there was no need. this person had already butted-in on the last thread. seems like a few people who regard themselves as veterans are trying to control this game.

I've caught you in a red-handed lie. I had already hit the "Cancel" button before you even made your suggestion. I had also already asked you the question beforehand as well.

It was MY decision NOT to play you. Not yours. You didn't like my question to you. Only THEN did you suggest us not playing. But I had already made up my mind--the cancel button had been clicked. I don't want to play with someone who has a poor attitude. You are playing the "poor little me" card again. We are not so stupid as to not see through your words. My question to you was not "unfair" as you suggest here. Had nothing to do with this thread. It had to do with personal experience from playing you in the past. You've done the exact same thing you were accused of in the other thread in games that I've played against you. I had every right to speak up in that thread. You instigate other players then try to make it sound like you are the innocent.

Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:01 am
nockTurnal
Planetoid

Post subject: Re: Warning to NockTurnal Reply with quote

CYN wrote:
However, this was in one game and I am issuing a warning to Nockturnal to leave the subject be and not continue with negative statements towards you. It is his and your choice whether to play against each other again but the banter will not be allowed.

They were not "negative comments." Did you even read the chat log? There was nothing negative in asking him if he was going to repeat past bad behavior. If he were, I did not want to play him. Then I hit cancel before a game could begin while I waited to hear what he had to say. It was a very reasonable question. These games run on for too long a time for me to be stuck with an unlikable player.

Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:48 am
IkeCarlini
Asteroid

nockTurnal, red-handed lie? the actual conversation was you asked me if we played if i would be spiteful. i asked if you were winding me up. i said that i contested this basis for calling me spiteful. no reply came so i said i guessed you were winding me up and said so. you then said you were not. at which point i suggested we don't play each other. then you told me you did not like me style of play or attitude and immediately logged-off. how i am supposed to know when you've it cancel i don't know, you did at some point go to afk so that must be true but that could have been after you made your first comment...

this was exactly the sort of attitude toward me that i wanted to avoid and this is why i raised it again on the complaint board. but you come and publicly try to reinforce this negative attitude toward me that is not just.

your comments are negative and if cyn looks at the logs she will see i am correct. you need to calm down. in-fact if any one here is a whiner it is you having looked at your thread 'Please investigate.' your attitude seems to be that if you don't like the way a game goes you make a complaint and hope for a favourable adjustment. from the same thread it also appears that you have something against public auctions which are part of the game. it is a strategy to try and impact the strategy balance of other players sometimes,

@cyn - you saw my point. i would have been happy not to comment further after your response except nockTurnal continues with the abuse...

Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:56 pm
CYN
Admin
Admin

He didnt continue with the abuse he stated his case which he has every right to do.
I suggest you two just try to avoid playing against each other and keep your comments to each other to yourself so there are no more problems.
Closing this thread and asking you both not to open another one. This is not a section for you to banter back and forth. You made your complaints and objections and they were answered. Please move on and leave each other alone.

ITS ALL GOOD