Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Report cheaters, and other complaints hoopy2 embargo, cheating and attitude
      All times are GMT  

Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:48 pm
ranban282
Ex Moderator

Post subject: hoopy2 embargo, cheating and attitude Reply with quote

Hi,
I was in a game, started around 11:50 GMT, with purplefizz, myself as ranban005,hoopy2 and koleone.

As for the embargo, I was not the victim. However, hoopy2 twice said "no trades please" to koleone, which, prima facie constitutes an embargo cheat.

Later, the 4th white went to purplefizz for a somewhat low price due to hoopy not bidding it up. Then, hoopy opened the third blue and let it go to purplefizz for a low price, despite that being against his interests. This is cheating according to http://galacticmag.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=80, point b.

I would not normally bother to report such things, but as the player in question unfairly accused players of cheating here (For some reason beyond my comprehension, a moderator saw it fit to penalize the two players), this needs posting.

It is not a good idea to accuse players of cheating if one doesn't want to trade and let properties be sold for low prices.

Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:19 pm
BrownSandwich
Planetoid

Post subject: Reply with quote

ranban: "hoopy2 twice said "no trades please" to koleone, which, prima facie constitutes an embargo cheat."

Going to have to agree 100%. If rules are to bee enforced to the extent i have seen lately then this must be punished as well. Colluding with other players to not trade also constitutes team plat in my opinion.

P.S. Thank you for your support on the previous issue ran, i feel it was unjust as well.

Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:09 am
hoopy
Asteroid

Post subject: trading Reply with quote

surely it is my perogative whether i trade with someone or not?
rather than being ignorant by ignoring them i post NO TRADE PLEASE
and this constitutes cheating?
i dont know rule 80b subsection 3d
but i do know a) i dont have to accept bad trade offers
b) i am under no obligation to 'bid things up'
whether it's in my interest or not, my money is my problem
thx

Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:04 pm
fingerbun
Planet

Post subject: Re: trading Reply with quote

hoopy wrote:

a) i dont have to accept bad trade offers
b) i am under no obligation to 'bid things up'
whether it's in my interest or not, my money is my problem
thx

A) Yes I agree
B) Opening up a set and letting it go cheaply is a dog play. There is no possible advantage in doing that unless you there are two players with loaded cash who would both push the price up.

Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:42 pm
CYN
Admin
Admin

Everyone has their own strategy and unless it is blatantly out of spite that someone doesnt trade and it is able to be proven then it cannot be penalized.
Whether someone trades or not is their choice as they may have other plans and or strategy that you are not aware of and they do not have to reveal to you. It could of course cause them to lose which is then their own fault for not taking the trade into consideration.
As for opening a property and not bidding this is not punishable because again it could be a strategy to get someone else to use their funds or put someone else out by letting the other player obtain a property for a set. Again everyone has their own strategy and if someone repeatedly plays a strategy that you do not agree with or like then it is suggested that you no longer play a game with that person.

ITS ALL GOOD

Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:14 am
fingerbun
Planet

CYN, are you just cut n' pasting the same reply for every complaint? lol.

Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:58 pm
CYN
Admin
Admin

for the ones that were the same kind of complaint yes, i could reword them and switch it around but would say the same thing so yes i cut and pasted.
Our house we are buying because ours was flooded is almost done just needs appraiser and title company to finish checking then i will be on more and be able to answer any complaints individually and will return to the game itself.

ITS ALL GOOD

Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:44 pm
trace567

CYN wrote:
for the ones that were the same kind of complaint yes, i could reword them and switch it around but would say the same thing so yes i cut and pasted.
Our house we are buying because ours was flooded is almost done just needs appraiser and title company to finish checking then i will be on more and be able to answer any complaints individually and will return to the game itself.

Why not ask the ex mods who still have mod access to come back and help out for a bit? Then if they don't wish to stay on for good, find replacements.
They were removed from the forum over 3 weeks ago, but have not been removed from modship by kreso far as I am led to believe.

Obviously finding new mods takes time and training them, so I strongly suggest you ask the others if any would offer a helping hand for a short time. So that all complaints can be checked one at a time, less strain on yourself and by far better for the reporters to feel they had their post checked individually.

Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:52 pm
trace567

Actually its 4 weeks tomorrow they were stripped from their mod status on the forum, yet they still have mod signs (far as I am led to believe) and there has been no sign of you requesting or seeking their replacements....I know you have had much on your plate this last month, but surely the ball could of been put in motion by now?