Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Forum Rules and Game Rules Has ANYONE read all the rules?
      All times are GMT  

Should we scrap all the new rules, and just return to the original ones Kreso wrote?
Yes
83%
 83%  [ 5 ]
No
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
Not sure
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:21 am
MrCrabbs

Post subject: Has ANYONE read all the rules? Reply with quote

I used to know the rules of this game off by heart.

But in the last year or two, it seems like hundreds of new rules and regulations have been introduced.

Have you read them all?

Do you feel you know what they are?

Should we just get rid of them all, and return to the original rules?

This poll will run for 1 month (31 days).

Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:34 am
fingerbun
Planet

Post subject: Reply with quote

I am an intelligent person. But when I read all these rules I get confused in some cases and finding myself re-reading some parts. Imagine a 14 year old kid trying to comprehend all these rules.

I voted “yes"

Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:06 am
MrCrabbs

fingerbun wrote:
I am an intelligent person.

Surely some mistake? Razz

Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:03 am
fingerbun
Planet

Trace wrote:
Chatting in caps constantly after request to stop

I didnt know you can get banned for writing in capital letters? Wow... thats a good one.

Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:57 am
ranban282
Ex Moderator

I get the feeling that this poll and some other polls (like the non trading one) will produce contradictory results.

Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:38 am
MrCrabbs

ranban282 wrote:
I get the feeling that this poll and some other polls (like the non trading one) will produce contradictory results.

The original rules are clear that non-trading (or trade embargoes) are a form of cheating:

http://www.galacticmag.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5168&highlight=trade+embargo

As for other polls currently ongoing, well I simply think we have too many polls on what the rules should be. The rules have never needed amending - the only thing to add to the original rules should, in my view, be an explanation of how they will be enforced, with details of penalties for each type of offence, and a statement saying that, where there is some doubt if a cheat occurred, the mods will presume innocence - that will avoid accusations being levelled left, right and centre.

Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:37 pm
theunknownamus

"It is better to let 100 guilty men go free, then execute one innocent man."

Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:23 pm
Welsh-Leek
Ex Moderator

nice discussion opened up in the right place Mr Crabbs, although the original rules will always probably be the best. They are some times not, simply and purely because they are open to wide variations in terms of adhereing to them. I know certainly in the past year new rules were introduced to simply improve things for players and mods. Especially for mods to rule things id say mostyl in the same manner, which in the long term helps to limit the amount of questions raised on a mods ruling. if you get what im saying. I think im coming across in the way i want lol .

Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:49 am
molecule
Planet

This is what i meant to say
Quote:
HHHfan wrote

Quote:

i still, with all due respect to trace and the mod team, would love to see rule b enforced over the trading rule!!! b) During auction, a player didn't bid the price up despite that being obviously disadvantageous for him. The auction is then won by another player for obviously too low price

that has actually happened a few times recently, a player opened and then didnt bid even though he had enough cash, player needing 3rd had plenty of cash and it was early in the game.

wallace wrote

Quote:

Can I just add that restricting the game play to enforce trading is nonsense. There are so many elements of strategy to GM and possible routes to a victory that restrictions would only ruin this. People need to make their own decisions regarding, buying trading and opening without the harassment from other.
I’ve seen all to often a 3rd green been opened by someone not owning the other 2 in turn bankrupting the green set owner shortly later. I’ve also seen and have myself won games owning no property at all. The situations are endless. We all know this and the possible countless scenarios within GM is why we play and love the game in the first place

trades are a very important part of the games, but what is beneficial now may be an advantage or disavantage later on in the game. it should be up to a player to decide if it is worth it for the long run.

CYN wrote

Quote:

Everyone develops their own strategy, you may not understand their strategy and cant say they you know what they are trying to do. Saying that anyone "has" to trade or "has" to bid on an auction is not fair. Just as some (me included from time to time) try to get the others to go broke early so you can purchase certain props cheaper is a strategy just as not bidding and/or not trading can also be a strategy. Some get upset when someone opens a third on a set and doesnt bid. This can also be a strategy to get others to bid and use their funds. It is risky but also IMO is not cheating. Again anyone could come up with a strategy that no one understands but them. If you do not like how someone plays you make note of their id and try not to join games where they are involved.

although i am just quoting. these are pretty close to my own opinion of this issue, while any plan can backfire, and a player may be experimenting, i believe enforcing these rules are unneccesary and would cause more harm than good.

Last edited by molecule on Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:34 am; edited 1 time in total

Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:20 pm
DavidNobre
Ex Moderator

NO!

Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:19 pm
trish97206
Moon

I read the old rules but not the new ones. I should take a look as players are getting more and more annoying in chats than they used to be. If anyone knows me I am a sweetheart and I am a good sport. There has been an influx of ignorant sore losers; I simply ignore some and some I have to repeatedly play and only report once they have actually gotten me mad. Is there a rule for someone being just a nuisance? Repeatedly calling you lucky and you suck as a player? If so I am reporting more players for the simple fact the newer players are getting away with things I don't think they should; I'd rather get them banned and not deal with them for a few days so they can stop acting so childish.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:35 am
tatoom
Planetoid

trish97206 wrote:
I read the old rules but not the new ones. I should take a look as players are getting more and more annoying in chats than they used to be. If anyone knows me I am a sweetheart and I am a good sport. There has been an influx of ignorant sore losers; I simply ignore some and some I have to repeatedly play and only report once they have actually gotten me mad. Is there a rule for someone being just a nuisance? Repeatedly calling you lucky and you suck as a player? If so I am reporting more players for the simple fact the newer players are getting away with things I don't think they should; I'd rather get them banned and not deal with them for a few days so they can stop acting so childish.

But I take joy in "crashing and killing" you in the game ! Twisted Evil