Forums home Report cheaters, and other complaints Cheat trade
      All times are GMT  

Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:01 pm
DonKill3r
Asteroid

Post subject: Cheat trade Reply with quote

Please check out game 3P.

Kill3r & farruda & anduvandu

Green sold near end of game in difficult circumstances for only 700. Me & aduvandu where both in minus.

Please take a look & tell me if thats fair game?

Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:59 am
MrCrabbs

Post subject: Reply with quote

Andu has only started playing in the last few days, I know because I taught him a little bit.

It's silly to punish players who are so new to the game, and silly even to give them a warning, in my view.

Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:26 pm
trace567

Post subject: Reply with quote

Start was at 60

players:

0 Kill3r points: 5603 position:37 cash: -504 credit: 960

1 farruda points: 7353 position:33 cash: 4467 credit: 610

2 anduvandu points: 1488 position:36 cash: -1525 credit: 1810

Trade:

From farruda to anduvandu

Cash: -700

taking 3rd green

kill3r only income at the time was 2 white

anduvandu only income at the time was 1 black

Basically in a word both you and anduvandu were in deep trouble. I think it extremely unlikely that farruda would lose this game. He had 2 black 2 white and masses of cash.

You both had few laps left, anduvandu I'd say had 2 laps at best, kill3r about 3 (unless there was a bonus hit, or 2)
But even with bonus I can't see that it was likely for anyone but farruda to win, game would soon go to 2p and he would have a large cash lead to use here.

The only question therefore is if anduvandu profited unfairly from this trade. Well yes he/she did, if you think anduvandu was pretty much certain for 1st. 700 is a low price, but even a higher one here would of made little difference I think to the end results.

The trade therefore benefited anduvandu with 100% certainty of 1st (although highly likely unnecessary)
Also it did benefit anduvandu, he managed to gain 2nd place when he had a certain 3rd without trade.

I don't like this trade, but as crabbs says anduvandu is a new user who no doubt has little concept of property prices right now. To issue much of a penalty would do more harm than good.

I am concerned about the quality of farruda's trading (they are not a new user), but if I point reduce here I punish him even though he was set for 1st anyway.

Ok so after much thought, and it is not the norm I am going to issue no penalty, but kill3r you will receive a refund for those points lost. Pretty impossible to call this one correctly to do justice I feel.