Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Announcements, Maintenance and Tournaments Why we are where we are today!
      All times are GMT  

Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:54 am
Fort
Planet

Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh btw tracey i as not hitting on you. Infact you are probably the only one why i cared to post here.

Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:59 am
molecule
Planet

I'm glad to see Trace is still earning her pay. I believe in being lenient, yes, let people speak their mind, but abuse is still abuse, i was just in the lobby after reading here on the forum and i saw a player come out of a game calling his opponent things im sure nobody likes to be called and adding a racial slur before disconnecting. is that the kind of behavior that is good for this site? while we can pick and choose our battles, the mods have to do what they believe is best for the game, even if it puts them in the line of fire from disgruntled players. Sure i would like to see improvements made on this game, but how long have the classic games gone unchanged,(monopoly,spades,battleship,pool,poker,tennis, football,uno,chess) just to name a few. Reach for the stars, but don't destroy what we have. or should i say don't cut off its nose to spite its face.

Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:24 pm
Jinn
Planetoid

I don't have a lot of time to comment right now. I have many thoughts but I have a quick one I think could help.

How about the community make youtube videos about the game. Particularly strategy and beginner guides.

I have to go. More to follow.

Tue May 03, 2011 11:50 am
wallace
Planetoid

Post subject: heads in the sand... still Reply with quote

“The forum is our place for opinion, self expression and debate, Upheld by the free and righteous amongst us. Let no one control or devalue its just right” - Roman senate decree establishing first open and free forum for the people.

I used to like playing this game and did so for quite a few years, now maybe I log on once or twice a month, possibly if lucky I get one game after a long wait for players, get fed up with it and end up doing something else instead. Point is there is no one here, and certainly no one of any character that I’d want to play with any more. The fundamental element of playing on-line games is not the game itself (this is only a factor), it is interaction with the other people that provides friendship, communication, and opportunities to share. It should make you smile, happy and want to come back again at a later date. In essence for the majority of people that join and play, it is not at all about winning a game, but the taking part. And of course….the quality of that taking part experience.

Yes I am one of the hundreds on here that has been culled of all interest in GM due to the multiple ban policy of the dictator Modship. Warranted or not warranted is rather not the point. There are simply too many other games out there that are better, more enjoyable, and do not subject the patrons to draconian social abuses. During my many bans I received while here (despite never intentionally and wilfully trying to be troublesome) I of course took my attention to other sites and games on bigger mediums such as Facebook, gaming consoles and larger PC online communities. HAHA I will probably receive another ban (as I have in the past) for mentioning this very obvious situation, my human need for communication and for exercising my Freedom of Speech. In fact a prime example of the backwards nature of moderation here is they actually believe talking about real life and other games is detrimental to the heath of the GM community, but that restriction to natural human communication is not!

I wonder if all the people playing facebook free games are getting spoken to like children, being made a fool of in the forums and being subject to a wholly strange tarred and brushed banning system as so many have here on GM. I just have not seen it anywhere else. And I have not personally been subjected to it either.
Let me put it this way – There are over 175000 accounts that have been started on GM.
WOW ! thats 175 THOUSAND! Ok there are those with multiple accounts, but even if we account for that, it is clear to see this site has attracted thousands of players, without the ridiculous reasons and excuses mentioned in original post. Yet the community now stands at a few dozen. !!!!! If that.

Banns for trading, Bans for not trading, Bans for joking, Bans for excitement, Bans for funny names, Bans for cheeky names, Bans for humour, Bans for swearing. Bans for factual examination. Bans for having a point of view, Bans for talking back, Bans for discussion, Bans for scrolling. Bans going for a pee, Bans for having a personality, Bans for having none, Bans for posting on forum, Bans for tactics, Bans for advertising, Bans for having fun, Bans for following the stated rules, Bans for diverting from them, Bans for investigating corruption, Bans for highlighting them. Bans for things done in the past. Bans for things done tomorrow. Bans placed without defence. Bans placed without time limit. Bans for Bans sake and Bans for the sake of self motivating power, self righteousness and sheer blindness.

I am sure I will see multiple, and no doubt counter arguments against myself in a personal way from the same old people doing the same old thing (as is the nature of the establishment here), but the truth of the matter is that people across the board in all walks of life, and in all situations eventually have enough of corruption. They simply take their patronage elsewhere and much more importantly, their friends and their all important recommendation and word of mouth. Eventually their comes a tipping point where the out of touch ruling body (that can no longer see what is in front of their own noses) has simply culled more players than was ever being replenished. A point comes when there is no way back.

The place now is reduced to a very small core of pals. Pals that shape their decisions to help and protect one another. Pals who blatantly contradict a previous decision made in long forgotten posts to one that made today. Pals that I am sure firmly believe they are really good and honest people doing their best for all. Unfortunately to the many looking from the outside, it is simply a debacle. Thank goodness the place is not that important and such things in the long run don’t really matter.

There is more entertainment to be found reading the forum than can be obtained from actually sitting in the GM game lobby now. This one I saw posted in the complaints section recently gave me a hearty laugh.

http://www.galacticmag.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5387

But I ask the question; just how many people are really laughing here now !?

Universal laws state that all things come to an end. Diseased and abused systems hasten to their end faster than natural degeneration would normally present. In this I am disappointed that an extremely fun and well designed game, but more so, that a previously once fun and thriving community has been so badly mismanaged and utterly ruined.

Well done mod team, well done guys.
If there was any dignity, as in other walks of life, resignations would be the call of order.

"Dont expect, rather demand respect for everyones civil liberties and freedoms." - Bob the Monkey 2011

Tue May 03, 2011 12:38 pm
trace567

I see you fail to mention all the times I didn't ban you when I could of Wallace, and all the times I chose to "talk" with you rather than sanction you!
It isn't my fault you did things that you knew were strongly against the rules here, and you did those having been a player here for years....so I believe you had your head in the sand when you carried out those things, you knew one day you maybe caught up with.
I didn't take any pleasure in banning you at all, in fact I felt like all my time spent not banning you had been worthless.
I wish you'd simply said to me - look I did something in the past that I shouldn't have, rather than it being found the hard way. You could of actually avoided a ban or at least had leniency for honesty!

But welcome back nonetheless, I hope you can put the past behind you and enjoy GM just the way it was intended to be.

Tue May 03, 2011 1:23 pm
wallace
Planetoid

Hahaha..my god you could have banned me more.. Exactly my point regarding your attitude.. Ban happy without any regard to how you sound, how that comes across to people (your equal’s socially) or how that effects the good of the site. Multiply this with the hundreds of others having to put up with you talking down to them. Oh yes you really have cleaned up the place from the trouble makers, but you have also cleaned it out completely of all life….Very comical I find even though you are without the simplest of subtle or comic touches or understanding of this in others.

Actually the head is in the sand because again you do what you do so well and that is divert to personal issues rather than dealing with the overall picture. I have no personal issues any further with those prior events. I was once quite annoyed, and there was a time when I would have welcomed discussion regarding that situation. But you banned my forum account without time restriction thus restricting my ability to defend myself of the points in question. That was a disgrace but not unexpected or anything new. Now it is water under the bridge. As it stands my time away simply removed my “annoyance” over the whole situation and now it is of no further emotive importance to me. In fact writing here and indeed playing if and when I ever do is a stop gap while at work when things slow. This I will continue to do if and when I like exercising my free and civil liberties to their full extent till once again you prove just how indeed backwards you are by infringing upon them again. At which time I will be fully amused by that vindication.

But I didn’t come here to talk about that personal situation or the "Frame Up" you devised to put me in my place. But more so for the reasons the thread was started and that being why the place is dieing a slow death. So no need for a welcome back, it’s far from the truth. You should try to stick to the forum issues if you can for the good of the people that are still here or potentially may join.

My experiences are not singularly encountered but wholly felt by many as a sentiment enforced by the MOD team. That being do as we say, don’t talk, don’t argue, don’t have an opinion or we will find ways to ban and remove you. This is a terminal situation in which you thrive.

Anyway, , the place, the land, the system is dead…. Yet the Queen still rules …?
Where is the sense in that. Even the president of America gets voted in or out or can have the common decency to step down if unable to govern to the good of all. And you have all but admitted the place has never been in a worse condition. Once again you are correct.

Tue May 03, 2011 1:46 pm
trace567

Geeez!

Tue May 03, 2011 2:23 pm
wallace
Planetoid

Good,

Now I can take off these panties, bra and high heels.. Fun for about 3 min then the elastic starts to nip the inner cheeks..

Im off for a game of texas and a pint.

PO PO PO POKERFACE.....

Cool

Mon May 30, 2011 7:21 pm
disconnected
Asteroid

24 users online today!

who says GM is dieing.

some good publicity and good advertising will help. But GM is still alive.

Tue May 31, 2011 3:40 am
fingerbun
Planet

It used to be like that everyday bra- now its a rarity.

Tue May 31, 2011 8:50 am
Polarcola
Asteroid

Well compared to the amount of regestered users its still a tiny amount. I mean really thats just a couple of 5 players games and a handful of 2p and nothing more.

Not forgetting that the game has been free of domination for a month with the absence of Mods. Seems to me the place was just fine in that time.

I can only imagine that this has had a slight effect in raising the numbers. But it will need a lot longer to really see this place with 30, 40, 50 players or more starting and beginning games in the lobby in a constant basis. Totally cutting down in all this usless waiting time that regular players have had to endure for too long due to the past over indulgence of moderation.

Lets hope it continues.

Very Happy