Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Galactic Magnate General Discussion KRESO needs to step down as Game Developer
      All times are GMT  

Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:12 pm
jaord_b
Moon

Post subject: KRESO needs to step down as Game Developer Reply with quote

Yes you read right as title says.

This place is dying or has it died already. not through lack of motivation from current mods but through the Game Developer Kreso. the game needs serous updating both in its current format layout and current option features. if kreso was serous about this game you would think he would have updated or even taken time to read posts in the suggestions box which he has not done in years which I think is piss poor for the creator of GM. its quite hard to stomach when I see Cyn and trace only having limited in game powers and not having the ability to make tweaks or adjustments to the game format itself. for the past 2 years I've wondered if Kreso would sum up some kind of motivation to atleast make some basic enhancements to the game format but it looks like hes just impervious to do nothing but keep control of a dying community/followers

I always here this bullshit that he is very busy and hasn't got time for GM this has been going on for years since I can remember now its just turned into a freaken joke. without making a novel out of this gripe I have with the way I see this forum and game heading in all I can say at this stage is if kreso Don't get off his ass or atleast pass over control to dedicated Mods then this game will not survive. it will only fade away like the way I see it fading at its present stage

Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:33 am
Magflag
Ex Moderator

Post subject: Reply with quote

I am inclined to agree with you. However perhaps we should be thinking pragmatically. I mean lets face it, we cannot expect a game creator who has been absent for years to suddenly come around, read these posts, and then ALSO step down from being this game's developer. I mean in the end, you can never take away his name from the entitlement of this game and any of its future developers.

Assuming it hasn't been attempted, do you think it would be possible to gather up a few willing players that have played a lot in the past (such as Bill, myself and others), and some players that are more fresh and new and then offer a pay out for kreso in order for us to get the rights to develop the program to suit the needs of this site? I mean, I think if we had a number we could give him he may be inclined to take it.

Also thinking pragmatically, even if we get kreso to hand over the programming rights, we will need a game developer. Hopefully someone knows someone who knows someone right?

Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:43 pm
theunknownamus

The age old question again... All these solutions jarod and MagFlag have stated have been presented before and subsequently ignored or simply never were implemented. I think SOMEBODY should take some initiative and actually try these ideas. Or if these ideas were tried, why did they fail? There's got to be some answers out there. Make it a pay site, beg Kreso back, let Kreso's duties be passed over, etc. JUST SOMEONE DO SOMETHING before GM dies.

"An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory."

Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:52 pm
ranban282
Ex Moderator

In case anyone is really interested in changing GM, they could start off by joining this group - http://groups.google.com/group/alternative_to_gm. We'll keep it informal - let the ideas fly! Hopefully we will be able to do something concrete about them.

Last edited by ranban282 on Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:50 am
fingerbun
Planet

Speaking against Kreso is blasphemy around here. But none the less J, congratulations. You are the 20th person to make this post. If old posts were not deleted I could prove it to you. At this point you have to take my word.

So after all the dummy spitting I don’t understand why the game is dying because of Kreso. You didn’t really explain the specifics too well my young friend.

The game is the game, what changes should there be exactly? Are you talking rules, graphics, external, internal? I think the format and rules is nearly perfect, the only change I would ever want is for bonus to be swapped with the first utility. I think removing the 3 player format would also take away a lot of issues, especially bad trades.

Wed May 04, 2011 4:31 pm
theunknownamus

ranban282 wrote:
In case anyone is really interested in changing GM, they could start off by joining this group - http://groups.google.com/group/alternative_to_gm. We'll keep it informal - let the ideas fly! Hopefully we will be able to do something concrete about them.

I got the message "no group with this name exists". Surprised