Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Galactic Magnate General Discussion Fingerbang is back and better then ever!
      All times are GMT  

Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:24 am
fingerbun
Planet

Post subject: Fingerbang is back and better then ever! Reply with quote

The prodigal son has returned.

Though currently out of form and in need of some practise, in my prime I would argue I was one of the best, if not the best under the two player format. For the older GM players you will note some changes. Firstly, I have been forced to change my forum name to “fingerbun”. Although my forum name is changed I am still the very handsome, bad ass, jabroni beating, son of a gun I always was.

To the new kids here, you probably don’t know who I am. I am kind of a big deal, but due to fascist and somewhat jealous moderators (and there loyal followers) a lot of my posts where deleted. If you see me in the lobby don’t be afraid, I am nice as pie but it wont stop me from giving your ass whooping on the boards. If your lucky, I may even give you advice.

Unfortunately the only was to beat me is to be lucky. If you are indeed a lucky player you may have a chance.

Now, where is Aussie? She will be happy to hear from me.

Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:14 pm
toonz
Ex Moderator

Post subject: Reply with quote

All of the old players either don't exist or turned into zombies. It would make more sense to raise the new players so they're formidable. At least that's now my goal.

Welcome back tho.

Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:37 am
fingerbun
Planet

How things have changed. You are a mod now I see. Congrads, and at least some mods here can speak the english. Well done .

Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:57 pm
trace567

Welcome back finger Smile

All moderators who were around at the time of the disappearing posts are no longer here. What's more there are only 3 people who can delete anyone else's posts, they are Admin's - Kreso, CYN, and me.

Whatever went on before we will never know the full truth, but I would like to point out to you that many of kreso's posts equally are no more. I believe that posts were at one stage routinely deleted by the forum as there are settings for such. However no forum is set to self prune now.
If any posts should ever go missing again, it will be down to data loss with server crashes and nothing more.
Posts can be moved out of sight by ALL moderators, but these are not deleted. Anything (unless it is spam or similar) will only be deleted after a min of 30 days in recycle bin (bottom of forum).

Not all moderators are from english speaking countries, if you have a problem with this please bring this to myself or Kreso.

Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:24 pm
fingerbun
Planet

Its really a ghost town around here and in the lobby. You would think GM would only get more popular; not less. Lets face it, people want entertainment and controversy in which this forum used to be full of.

And yes, having (some) moderators who cant string a sentence together is beyond me. It used to be a compliance for moderators to have some kind of grammar. I’m now finding myself having to re-read posts to try and make sense of them, something which I will no longer bother doing.

I’m not interested in complaining to “kreso”. Like I could be bothered to hassle someone I don’t know from a bar of soap. This dude probably has little interest in the game and probably receives complaints all the time. I don’t possess the passion or time to take it further.

Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:34 pm
bezma2

I wont comment your aggresion toward people like me , which english is not so good like your's ( congrads for that ) and who are working here hard and for free to make this place better for all players becouse you are not worthy any of our time . I will ask you only one thing . Why are you here ? If this place is , like you said , ghost town , why you just dont go away . Noone is holding you here .
And one more thing . This dude ( Kreso ) made one of the best on line game ever and he have enough interest to hold the game on line for free even he knows that this game are playing people like you who do not deserve it , dude.
If you understood half of what I wrote here i will be happy and satisfied .

Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:56 pm
fingerbun
Planet

Oh Bez, your still around I see.

What’s with moderators getting on their high horse and proclaiming righteousness because they don’t get paid. Many of you do it for that sense of ‘power’ you receive. In the past I have seen many moderators (not all) abuse their administrative powers and even appear to have that slight enjoyment of banning members.

You good sir were always a trouble maker, you are no different from Aussie. You hardly play the game, you linger in the forums looking for trouble.

No wonder it’s a ghost town with people like you Bez. Off the bat you indirectly told me to ‘go away’. You should be encouraging people to play if anything. I believe a lot of you think of this as your own game for you and your clique.

Ummm, some other points. Best online game ever? Probably not but it certainly has the potential to be more popular. Since it takes 30 minutes or longer in some cases to get a game, players are clearly down in numbers.

If it’s such a good game yet no one plays it, I would suggest there is something wrong internally. Wether that be administration, moderation, discipline or maybe just the members.

I will give you an example. A couple of months ago I was minding my own business playing a two player game. Me and the other player were having a good game- very close. Out of no where this CYN character starts chatting to me whilst in a game. Tells me straight up I am not to play under the username “finger bang”. Tells me I will be banned if I don’t respond. I didn’t know how to respond (I don’t know the little message commands) so he got more and more aggressive.

What the hell? I don’t know this cat from a piece of soap, I was minding my own business and I get this rubbish. He was rude and could have dealt with the matter so much better. I did not return until just recently because of this. A shout out to Trace who actually spoke to me about it politely and professionally. Because of this I happily obeyed her request.

God knows how many players have been bullied out of the game.

In ending, I enjoy the game. A board game based on strategy with some aspects of luck required and meeting people from different corners of the world is an aspect I enjoy. Before when I was active I recruited many new players, I teached them to play along with other new members. I got along with 90% of the membership.

Then my posts started getting deleted, some very good ones regarding strategy and probabilities. Some of which took very long to do. After this I left but now I am back- better then ever.

Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:00 pm
trace567

fingerbun wrote:

Then my posts started getting deleted, some very good ones regarding strategy and probabilities. Some of which took very long to do. After this I left but now I am back- better then ever.

Well how about this....my post count is 2690 However on a forum search for my user name I only get 1293 matches. The first date coming back is Mon May 19, 2008, yet my forum join date was 02 Oct 2007.
So I have 1397 missing! beat that Laughing

Oh and no more attacking type posts on this thread, that goes to everyone!
Why can't we just discuss the issues like adults, isn't that what we are?

Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:53 pm
bezma2

See what is the difference between me and you fing . I never attacked you about nothing except your agression towards people with bad english . Like I did in my post earlier . And what i get back from you .
"Power" you said ... I´ll be glad to give you this "power" so i will get time to play this game much more than i'am playing it now .
Mods who abused power are history now and two of them were your fiends .
You are here 7 days and your post with moan and atack on mods are all ower the place . Not only in forum . Did any of us abuse our power and make some action about ? No Fing . We didnt .

Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:19 am
fingerbun
Planet

trace567 wrote:

Well how about this....my post count is 2690 However on a forum search for my user name I only get 1293 matches. The first date coming back is Mon May 19, 2008, yet my forum join date was 02 Oct 2007.
So I have 1397 missing! beat that Laughing

Sorry Trace but having posts deleted like “lol” or other gibberish of the such is hardly comparable to my posts. Most of them took hours upon hours to do; not so much the writing part but the research and experimental part.

Remember there was a group of players who were convinced that the dice was ‘rigged’. I recorded over several games over 1,000 dice rolls and from memory came back with an average roll of 7.014. That was deleted as soon as Aussie and here clique took charge. Coincidentally, Aussie was one of the players who had a conspiracy regarding the dice.

This plus many others similar were deleted on purpose.

And finally Bezma, you remind me of the child who cries “WOLF”. Any post that is not a shining beacon to you is called an “attack” in your humble opinion. I can disagree or have varying points of view without it being an “attack”.

Making an observation regarding members or indeed moderators, was not done attackingly. I will give you an example:

This is an example of an attack:

“Bezma you are an old fool because your English sucks”

Now this is an example of an observation. No names mentioned, no direct insults, just an observation:

“And yes, having (some) moderators who cant string a sentence together is beyond me”.

You see the difference? I pick my words carefully, I always have. And that’s why you will never catch me with my pants down.

Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:18 am
ranban282
Ex Moderator

It is possible that old posts are deleted to make space on the server. I do not know whether it is automatic, or administrators do it periodically. This is just guesswork on my part.

As for the rest, I believe that while there may have been personal attacks on this thread, many of the points fingerbun has made are valid.

Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:04 pm
Fort
Planet

Hey trace i can tell you, careful of this old bugger Laughing

@finger wassup bro !

Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:52 pm
princeofpersia1992
Ex Moderator

finger stop moaning about ur deletion of ur post i appritiate all ur experiments and all to make those posts but they are deleted they are history nothing u can do or anyone can do to bring those old post back so no point talking about that or moaning about that.

2nd u must stop attacking mods like that , as trace said any problems u have with any moderator and if u think you are right of whatever you said go and complain to kreso rather attacking here

Quote:
I will give you an example. A couple of months ago I was minding my own business playing a two player game. Me and the other player were having a good game- very close. Out of no where this CYN character starts chatting to me whilst in a game. Tells me straight up I am not to play under the username “finger bang”. Tells me I will be banned if I don’t respond. I didn’t know how to respond (I don’t know the little message commands) so he got more and more aggressive.

well u been a old player here so naturally anyone would expect u would know the commands and btw did u get banned for that ? no thats the bottomline !!!!!

at end welcome back but please think once the use of all those moaning u doing.If u hv any ideas to make this place better u can certainly share in good manner but not in a attacking way.

Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:13 pm
ranban282
Ex Moderator

Quote:
as trace said any problems u have with any moderator and if u think you are right of whatever you said go and complain to kreso rather attacking here

The trouble is, if you contact Kreso, he will not respond. At least not at kreso@galacticmag.So that's not an option.

Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:21 pm
princeofpersia1992
Ex Moderator

hv anyone tried reporting him? he certainly gets time to check his mails for sure and if he thinks something not right for his gm certainly i find no reason why he wont take a action , and also admins are also there if u have problems against mods you can also complain to them cause attacking here certainly not gonna help anyone