Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Galactic Magnate General Discussion Foul Language in GM
      All times are GMT  

Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:51 pm
trace567

Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be inclined to believe bhappy is more likely someone who is currently serving a ban!

Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:00 pm
Apollon
Planetoid

@ prince

If someone said that to me I would not answer just mute the guy and thats it.

C**k su**er is bad yes – and I think the player he said it to should have mute him right away.

Prince I never said Bezma is old fation, but I said the rules of GM is. Shocked

When im playing GM I use the chat, would be stupid to chat in fb with the player, when there is a chat in the game. Razz

@ Trace

Thanks for your long answer Im sure you are doing your best, and just try to live up to the rules on GM, that dosent mean I think its the right rules they have here. Im still in for the free speech.

@ Bhappy

Wow well written, I totally agree and wish I wrote it first Cool

@ Trace again Wink

Hehe with all the people banned in GM, it could very well be one of them Laughing Maybe she/he had her/his civil liberties abused as well.........

Moontrip

Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:15 pm
bezma2

Tina
I will tell you only one think about this . On GM we have young people even doughters of players who are addicted to this game . My to . Do you realy think its ok that my doughter or eny others doughters and sons of other players listen to this kind of languages , to be atacked from this kind of people who dont have any respect to enyone . You realy think that you can resolve this problem with mute him ? He will talk like that again and again if he dont get any punish or understand that he cant talk and behave here or anywere else like he is . I doubdt than you would talk like you are if your 12-18 years old doughter play this game .
I wont coment this post of our new lawyer BHappy . We had lawyers in past and iam a little sad for him and people like he is . I see that he is not so happy in real life so he come here to express his sadness in the best way he can . One more thing Bhappy . Dont be sad .... be happy .

Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:13 am
Beretta
Ex Moderator

You will of course note that the law was written in 1966, there is always an expectation of privacy when two persons are talking in a private setting or on the telephone, trust me on this we by law, have to inform all persons contacting our office that their calls are being recorded, at that point the individual has the right to continue to talk or hang up. It clearly states in the terms that these are steps taken in this game to ensure the happiness of all, the chat logs are usually read not to satisfy the needs of individuals, but to ensure the terms are met. Also as talked about many times on the net nothing is ever truly gone from the net, thus it is potentially always available to be read. In my professional opinion, as a retired police officer and an owner of a security company, and a bachelors of law you would be hard pressed to find a court that would agree with such an archaic law. p.s. i was the one called c$$k S$$$$r

Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:33 am
princeofpersia1992
Ex Moderator

Moon yes we can mute smone if he saying smthing bad but he alreay said wht he wanted to say whts the point in muting him afterwards???
even if I mute the person the other players can see him swearing at me !!!

I m nt asking to play in gm and chat in fb etc with the same player I was saying if u wanna do sm private chat which is such that u don't want any mods to see or anyone to see those u can do in those sites where chats r nt monitored
If u r in gm and wanna use it fr chatting u hv to do it by rules !!!

Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:07 pm
HHHfan
Moon

That was certainly well done there bhappy Shocked I like it! Free speech should be a human right. Another thing, Id like to know who decided that these words are cuss words? Consider the "f" word for instance. Its so versitile, it can be a verb, a noun, an adjective, or just stand by itself as an expression, and I still think Im missing some things it can be used for! I wont even get into "idiot" or "loser" these arent even "bad" words, they just big on the list here! I personally have a lot of respect for Trace, and Im sure shes doing what she thinks is best and all, I just have my own take on "bad" words, I mean, if they decided long ago that the word "shoot" which is sometimes substituted for the "s" word was a swear, wed be tiptoeing around that too! Just sayin!

Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:18 pm
trace567

ok one thing to get straight....saying a cuss word out of frustration, or in a chat will not get anyone banned.
Directing that word at another player might get you banned
Directing that word at another with additional words making the sentence offensive will get you banned.

Insults - such is moron, idiot, retard will only receive a ban if this is a habitual manner of the user or repetitive in nature

Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:39 pm
CANON
Ex Moderator

Thanks for the beautiful summary Trace, and I completely agree.

Believe me, no-one here gets some stupid "kick" out of banning others. We are not 100 year old grannies either, but we DO have a responsibility, and that is to protect decent players against abuse from others.

As much as whoever it is claiming "freedom of speech" etc, I will most certainly side with people that have a RIGHT not to take vile and disgusting abuse from others.

If only you people knew some of the sick and twisted comments we have had to deal with over the years then maybe you will understand. All we do is state the ban, and do not copy in what he/she was banned for... for obvious reasons.

Please people, before you start shouting about what you see 'wrong' with mod work here, understand that we all put a heck of a lot of time and energy into making this a safe, enjoyable and happy place for all of you to play in... and none of us are paid, we just enjoy keeping the peace.

GL & HF Very Happy