Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Report cheaters, and other complaints 5 player game.
      All times are GMT  

Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:09 am
wallace
Planetoid

Post subject: 5 player game. Reply with quote

Hi,

5player game just finished. I was Thistle

Following up on a similar post regrading MrCrabbs_4P.

He called me fool and idiot becuase I didnt accept his trades. I tried to laugh it off, but it upset me quite a bit.

He then went on and on about how badly I played. Why does he do that?

Sad

Regards

ps all this came after he blocked the only card i was waiting for the whole game, the 3rd pink. By bidding it up to a point where i was going to be out. Then when I didnt trade him. He starts the abuse ?????

Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:35 am
MrCrabbs

Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry if I upset you but I don't think I called you an idiot or a fool.

You came across as funny and a nice guy, so I do mean it when I say sorry.

I did give you a bit of aggro because you wouldn't trade though. I sent you loads of trades that would have helped us both, you didn't send me anything, except at the very end when it was too late for you.

I was entitled to "block" the pink. But whereas in 2p, a block is a block and no trade is normal, in 4/5 it is normal to accept that anyone can buy anything, and it is up to each player to make trades that benefit them if they are available. A look at the game logs will show that you would have been much better off trading with me, and that I sent you good offers for you.

Not to make a beneficial trade when it is an option available to you was considered a cheat when I used to play this game. I apologise again if I was rude, but by not trading in a 4/5, it is possible to really ruin a game. 4/5p games are all about mutually beneficial trade. As many times as you can, so you win!

Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:47 am
lotta1980
Moon

Karl Hienz ....OMG.....Its you???????

Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:49 am
lotta1980
Moon

Tracy,,,,,
Wallace wrote this ,,,,,same wallace MOD? Or?
Let me understand whats Up here,,,PLZZZZZ.........

Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:23 pm
trace567

Lotta, can you please stop posting on complaint threads where you are not directly involved.
Wallace is NOT a mod, nor has he ever been.

Due to late in the game one player questioned a trade, I have also checked this. I can confirm that the trade was not a cheat trade.

In the game chat I do see Crabbs calling Thistle a "fool" once. But that wasn't it. We have lines such as "Hey thistle do you think you will finish last or 4th". "But you clearly know less than nothing", "You've played a stinker", "old thistle pants".

All of the above I feel fair to say could be classed as taunting another.

As I said in the previous game thread, it is not acceptable to be insulting to another simply because they do not wish to take your offers. Even if they are in a desperate position. There is I find a great deal of difference between players as to what they personally "feel" is a good, or fair trade and they will not be prepared to deviate from this. Whilst this can be frustrating if you feel you are offering a "good" deal, each has their own set of values.

All mods are concerned with is that the trades made and accepted are based on benefiting and advancing both players position.

So with that said, what am I to do with you Crabbs? There is also the matter of the post I moved to mod section last night also.

Bottom line is we can't have you insulting, and upsetting players left right and centre, and within less than 24 hours I believe you have probably upset at least 3!!

Now I do see you have apologised here to Wallace, but what about the others?

The worst bit for me is knowing you only just came back to GM, and I am reluctant to throw a ban out to a player who only just returned when previously they were not on a ban.

I am going to discuss this with other mods. But regardless of the out come, if you upset anyone else I will have no choice but to ban you.

Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:35 pm
wallace
Planetoid

Trace,

This Mod thing is either a figment of Lotta imagination or a deliberate lie. Lotta please explain exactly when this was said because I deny it 100 percent. Please could someone check this because I find what she says to be slanderous and upsetting to me.

So not only have I been ridiculed throughout the game but after I posted this complaint I saw Crabs in the lobby asking Lotta to come here and make a comment. In turn a completely unrelated and false accusation is made against me by someone not even playing. This happened in a similar way as the related MrCrab thread recently.

Very strange.

Can I just add that restricting the game play to enforce trading is nonsense. There are so many elements of strategy to GM and possible routes to a victory that restrictions would only ruin this. People need to make their own decisions regarding, buying trading and opening without the harassment from other.
I’ve seen all to often a 3rd green been opened by someone not owning the other 2 in turn bankrupting the green set owner shortly later. I’ve also seen and have myself won games owning no property at all. The situations are endless. We all know this and the possible countless scenarios within GM is why we play and love the game in the first place

This post is not about trading or not trading, or indeed strategy, its simply about acceptable conduct in the game ..

??

Regards

Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:03 pm
trace567

wallace wrote:
Trace,

This Mod thing is either a figment of Lotta imagination or a deliberate lie. Lotta please explain exactly when this was said because I deny it 100 percent. Please could someone check this because I find what she says to be slanderous and upsetting to me.

So not only have I been ridiculed throughout the game but after I posted this complaint I saw Crabs in the lobby asking Lotta to come here and make a comment. In turn a completely unrelated and false accusation is made against me by someone not even playing. This happened in a similar way as the related MrCrab thread recently.

I've pm'ed you regarding where this assumption came from by Lotta. I have again here set her straight, so this should be the end of it now.

I have checked the chat log and I can't currently find crabbs asking lotta to post to support his. I'm not saying it didn't happen, but right now I can't find it to confirm that.

Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:27 pm
wallace
Planetoid

Yeasterday night about 1am onward. Or infact right after I posted on the forum. Someone (cant remember name), more than once, asked Norge, first to read and then to comment on the post. Cant be hard to check the lobby comments at this time and then check the account names.

Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:50 pm
MrCrabbs

wallace wrote:

I saw Crabs in the lobby asking Lotta to come here and make a comment.

That's just not true. I think you probably witnessed me thanking Lotta for commenting in support of my view on non-trading as cheating, in this thread:

http://www.galacticmag.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5161

I certainly didn't ask her to comment on this thread, and hence your conspiracy theory is not correct.

Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:51 pm
MrCrabbs

I didn't actually notice this thread until I made my first comment, at 2:35.

Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:57 pm
lotta1980
Moon

Wallace,,,,,,,,,,,,,You may missunderstand what we were talking about....
We were talking about:
http://www.galacticmag.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5161
And:
http://www.galacticmag.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=46912&sid=f5bfa6cd55c87bcc8eb9342e63fbebca#46912
GL..........
I don like to start a fight with any person
GL.......

Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:13 pm
wallace
Planetoid

lotta wrote

Quote:
Wallace wrote this ,,,,,same wallace MOD? Or?
Let me understand whats Up here,,,PLZZZZZ.........

What is Gods name is the above made up nonsense got to do with this thread I opened -??? The only reason I can see would be to distract from the thread its self. And considering I was in the lobby when you were asked to comment and defend the person in question. I can only take from it that it is an effort to disrupt and cause trouble to me.

Maybe if we can just get the thread answered on the original complaint because I aint got a clue what this lotta is on ?

Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:44 pm
MrCrabbs

Wallace, you were not in the lobby when that happened, because no such thing happened.

Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:03 pm
trace567

When you guys have quite finished arguing, mods might attend to the issue of the thread.

Until then you will not get any further help.

Crabbs you are on a warning, and its a heavy warning. Any more nonsense of upsetting players and you will be issued a ban, without question.

Lotta....please put this assumption you have regarding wallace to bed. Move on, he is not a mod, never was. Also please in future do not post on threads in the complaint section of which you were not involved in directly. If you continue this will have to be addressed. I will not warn you on this again.

Wallace, as I said, I did look at the logs and I could not find what you were saying regarding crabbs asking lotta to post.

I am not prepared to waste another minute of my time on this until the lot of you pipe down. You can argue between you who is right and who is wrong but it will not get anyone anywhere.

Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:30 pm
wallace
Planetoid

Crabbs I only raised this second issue because I couldnt understand Lotta involvement in this at all and the meaning of her comments.

I WAS in the lobby. Mrcrabbs your account was AFK, Norge was there who is Lotta. Now some other person was also there telling Norge to go post. I know what I saw. And considering there is and only has been one new post at the time and suddenly there is a lottas post on my thread? I came to the conclusion that it was you Mrcrabbs posibly on a different user id and computer. Is that plausable perhaps considering most households these days have two computers. I play on one computer and read the lobby on another. So too do many players here. Who else is going to ask another person to go comment after all. haha.. maybe it was me. Rolling Eyes

If I am wrong about this then sorry but the fact remain that people are making unhelpful comments to posts after they are being asked to.

Anyway only the mods know who and which accounts are linked, if indeed they wish to do that check. But thats another matter altogether. I have been told so many times how easy it is to check the accounts and computers but these powers seem to be subjective.

I couldnt care less. Its all spin, lies, manipulation and protection on this site anyway and thats clear to me, and the others that are not involved with such things. I am in contact with quite a few and I know they read and agree but dont post because that only leads to trouble..

I guess its just more of the same here for 2011.

Last edited by wallace on Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total