Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Report cheaters, and other complaints GoFunnyGo non-trading
      All times are GMT  

Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:58 pm
MrCrabbs

Post subject: GoFunnyGo non-trading Reply with quote

Just had a 4p, finished about 17:45 GMT.

MrCrabbs (me!)
GoFunnyGo
Two other players whose names I forget (sorry!)

Basically, GoFunnyGo refused all trades throughout the game, even when I spelled out that he was going to finish in last place if he didn't make a change.

Doing nothing to try to improve one's position in the game, and harming potential trade partners in the process, really ruins multiplayer games.

Could a moderator please issue a warning to the player? The game should not be about spinning mindlessly around the board until one dies. And the player is clearly relatively experienced - enough to have mastered the ignore function, which he used when I complained to him!

Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:50 pm
trace567

Post subject: Reply with quote

Firstly no action can be taken on any player for not trading. Regardless as to whether not trading is detrimental to them. Players do not all view the game in the same way. Whilst one may have many years experience and can see that the person needs a trade, that person may not have either as many years or the same skill to view that. Regardless as to who is right or wrong, no action can be taken on a non-trader.

I have checked the chat log, and I have to say, you really can't speak to players in that way. Its their choice how to play, and you cannot call them stupid, or moron because you believe they are wrong.

There have been players banned for calling others such names, if they make a habit out of it. So please don't go down that route.

Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:57 pm
MrCrabbs

It used to be classed as cheating not to trade when you stood to benefit, it's a shame that's no longer enforced.

I understand it for new players but once a player has grasped how a game works, it is clearly cheating for them not to act in their own interests.

And I think I was on the right side of acceptable with the language I used. The player's behaviour can only be understood as either cheating (which you are saying it was not), or stupidity.

Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:02 am
lotta1980
Moon

Its not my job to write here...I know..
One day....Bill said..Any player refuse a logic benefit trade seems to be a kind of a cheat.....
Case of what MrCrabbs imagin...Is a big problem 4me in the 4&5 players game....
Sometimes thinking of that förbid me to pay more 4 Greens,Purples,reds,,,When I have cash,to block others....
Sorry again to write here Tracy , But Im talking in general cases like this.....

Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:13 am
MrCrabbs

I'm remember that Kreso included non-trading in his definition of cheating too, Lotta. And Fort used to go to the trouble of enforcing the rule when it was obvious that players were refusing trades that would help their position in the game.

I am not sure at what point it was decided to scrap the rule and let players ruin games, but the very next 4/5p I played after this was marred by similar play.

Newbies should be allowed their mistakes, but when a player has been playing for a while, the rules should be clear that they need to seek and accept beneficial trades.

Why is this rule no longer enforced, anyway?

Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:38 am
lotta1980
Moon

MrCrabbs,,,,,Absolut agree....
When Bill told me that,,He said that Kreso imagin this theory olså...........
Many time try to explain till Tracy about that..........................................

Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:33 am
trace567

If you want to debate if you feel non trading should be punished, then please take that to the sauna.

Please don't debate on complaint threads.

Cheers.

I will check the complaint later.