Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Report cheaters, and other complaints speck_of_gold has no moral for mod
      All times are GMT  

Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:58 pm
dajjal
Planetoid

Post subject: speck_of_gold has no moral for mod Reply with quote

23:00 GMT. 4 p game: speck_of_gold, sashamu, residentevil and me as black_president. speck allowed resident to buy 3rd green for only 2k, saving his skin. Minutes later speck enforced me to buy 3rd red for 2.6k. In addition, their grin chatting till that moment was demonstrating warm relationships between them. I marked in the box the ugly contrast between the two deals, saying, You two for sure are mates, if not a team, and something about moral and so on. And no more ha-ha and ho-ho, a total silence felt. I would be very grateful to other mods if they tell their thoughts on the matter! Thanx.

Last edited by dajjal on Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:00 pm
CYN
Admin
Admin

Post subject: Reply with quote

It was reviewed and they were not teaming and your accusations were uncalled for. Please refrain from making statements regarding anyones moral or you will get yourself banned. Posting a complaint should not be made to include demeaning comments and will not be tolerated.

Thank you,
CYN (Head Mod)

ITS ALL GOOD

Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:06 pm
trace567

Did you or did you not win the said game?

You did!

Therefore my actions were quite justifiable thank you very much.

The silence was due to me needing to mute you, as i did not wish for the game to be ruined by your accusing.

I informed you clearly prior to this you could report here.

Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:07 pm
dajjal
Planetoid

Your judgment would encourage them to do the same next time.
Shocked
Oh, Husky, where are you?...

Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:10 pm
CYN
Admin
Admin

They are encouraged to play the way they did, which was fair. Opening someone elses property can be part of a strategy, just because you do not see their strategy does not mean you call teaming. As for bidding your property up higher than they did the other, cash availability came into play. You really need to consider all things when making a judgment.
This complaint has been looked into judged upon and posted.
End of complaint.
No further comments needed please.

ITS ALL GOOD

Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:13 am
Bill2k06
Ex Moderator

also can i add to this , as an ''experianced veteran'' player.

at ANY given time of a game a green is worth 700, so if sold in the first 10 seconds, minutes, or after an hour for 2k it is NEVER and will NEVER EVER be cheating or teaming , and whoever has once said it must be , has mis-informed you.

as for opening properties, if you think that opening properties is cheating/teaming, just hope you never play me, because i play very aggressive opening strategies, and i will open players 3rd properties, if i do believe i can reduce a players money to a good level to where they cannot upgrade or if they do it will kill them off by landing on someone else upgraded properties, .

so now ive had my say i think unless you would like to ask any moderator anything regarding refreshing your knowledge of the games rules i think we should leave this topic alone

Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:49 pm
judd
Planet

Bill2k06 wrote:
also can i add to this , as an ''experianced veteran'' player.

at ANY given time of a game a green is worth 700, so if sold in the first 10 seconds, minutes, or after an hour for 2k it is NEVER and will NEVER EVER be cheating or teaming , and whoever has once said it must be , has mis-informed you.

as for opening properties, if you think that opening properties is cheating/teaming, just hope you never play me, because i play very aggressive opening strategies, and i will open players 3rd properties, if i do believe i can reduce a players money to a good level to where they cannot upgrade or if they do it will kill them off by landing on someone else upgraded properties, .

so now ive had my say i think unless you would like to ask any moderator anything regarding refreshing your knowledge of the games rules i think we should leave this topic alone

agreeance garreth, i'm sure someone was penalised for opening someones last card and not bidding, not a million years ago either Exclamation

Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:54 pm
trace567

judd wrote:

agreeance garreth, i'm sure someone was penalised for opening someones last card and not bidding, not a million years ago either Exclamation

I assume you are talking about teaming there Ju, however as you fully know it is by no means as simple as a player not bidding the odd time. Many many checks must be made in some cases to be sure that they are infact teaming. The case I believe you are speaking of took a few week of work and checks, and even playing those concerned in secret before the ruling was finally applied.

So please don't try and scare people.

Thanks

Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:44 am
phazed
Planetoid

Im scared :S

Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:00 am
theunknownamus

Post subject: Insult to injury Reply with quote

I've never liked when someone opens the last prop for the leader in an effort to kill others off at the risk of harming themselves. Aka going for 2nd, 3rd, etc. But it is fair in certain cases.

Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:36 pm
trace567

Post subject: Re: Insult to injury Reply with quote

theunknownamus wrote:
I've never liked when someone opens the last prop for the leader in an effort to kill others off at the risk of harming themselves. Aka going for 2nd, 3rd, etc. But it is fair in certain cases.

Josh if this post is directed at the topic of this thread then you may wish to know that dajjal was NOT winning at the point of me opening his last red. In opening his red I missed other properties and was better able to push the price up, of which I did to 2500.
His complaint was that I opened his red and pushed the price up higher than what last green went for. It was equally not mentioned that others including himself had cash of which they could of used to bid green higher.