Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Off Topic Chit Chat Msn Menssenger
      All times are GMT  

Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:56 am
DavidNobre
Ex Moderator

Post subject: Msn Menssenger Reply with quote

Topic to all members add each other, some peoples use msn others skype, i do preffer msn so its mine
******************... id love add all of u there Very Happy

Edited by trace567
Email address removed

Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:30 pm
trace567

Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry David. I've thought about this, and whilst your idea is fine I really would rather forum users do NOT post their messenger or email addresses openly like this.
Reason is because this forum can be view by unregistered members and the last thing we want is for any user to end up having strange people try and contact them on email or messenger.

Instead, please just post on here that you would like to exchange messenger/email with other members, and have them pm you privately so you can give them the details there in private. Also then you will know who you are giving those details to etc Smile

Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:14 pm
DavidNobre
Ex Moderator

i think its a personal think, if some1 isnot interested to post coz think its dangerous is a choice or not give, in my side its wrong to change post coz u for urself isnot interest in give ur own messenger ... well no more to say about this

Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:15 pm
DavidNobre
Ex Moderator

i have the option reject here , so i just acept who i want and when i want =0

Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:21 pm
trace567

David, please use the profile section (2nd tab from the left at the top) to edit your user info. Here you may list your messenger details etc.

Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:47 pm
DavidNobre
Ex Moderator

I have no more to say about it ...

Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:37 pm
bezma2

I have something to say David .
Trace did say please , and she did what any of us moderator would do with your msn address . Its not only her decision to remove your msn address . Its moderators decision . Sorry to say this but this is not a nice way to talk with a girl ( adult ) who spend a lot of her time doing dirty and hard work here on GM .
I duno why you are so frustrating about all happend here and you pick the side of those , i want mention their names here , who almost ruin this game . The thing You dont know is that Kreso was in doubt to close this site and this beatiful game becaouse of that . But , Me , Cyndi and Trace persuade and convince him to give us a last chance to make this game working in best mode we can make it running . But we wont give up beleve me . We will do enything to make this site good and stay one of the best on line games ever . If we dont success than GM will be closed for ever . Maby you think Trace is exaggerate in this msn story but your wrong . You can give your msn addres in chat , in private chat ...but in forum there are rules to post msn address or any other address in profile .... or e-mail and pm in memberlist . I dont know why is that problem to you . I hope you will one day understand that we do our best to make this game like it used to be . I thought that i would never be in position to argue with you but i hope that you will understand what iam trying to say to you here . No matter what you think about me , you will be always my best friend on GM .

Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:22 am
DavidNobre
Ex Moderator

well im not goin to argue too, to me its a exagerate decision, and yes ur right , i dunno what happened here and with my eyes i cant see how it could cause a trouble, by the way, ive already said im not goin to argue here, i just disegree with the decision, trace is my friend also and u my best friend , im not interested in know what happened here coz remind old topics is useless, and im not that angry, just disegree, anyway lets leave it, if anyone is interested just pm me, when i did this topic i did to try make new friends add if any older player watch that add me, i have no anger in heart so there is nothing to worry for ok? Luv Ya all agreeing or not ... just respect my position as i do with urs Very Happy

Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:07 pm
bezma2

Yes , David i respekt you and you know that . This is not exagerate decision becouse you , and many of us , can handle with all bad things and situations who can come with putting our msn ..e-mail ..or any address on forum . But, what about many young players of 10-14 years old who will put their address on forum ? Can they handle it ... I must remind you that our forum is open not only for members and registered people , its open to enyone on line .... and that is one reason why we dont allowe anyone to put their address in public place . In Profile Tab there is a place to put any of address you wont and thats your decision in your own risk , but here , in topic its the whole another story . That is our area of work and we do and will do everything to protect any memmber on GM . I hope i did explane this in wright way .... if not ..iam sorry ... i do my best .
Maby ., like you said , its better to not go in past , but we cant forget what happened here lately . You know ,for me , its better that everyone can know what happend . In what hell we were ( mods ) to persuate and convince Kreso to not close this site , to put all back like it was , many tears from both moderators ( Cyn and Trace ) who were humiliated from few old players and i think its not useless to remind pople of that . Only two players said thanks to them for what they did ( Cyn and Trace ) and that is sad ....I only hope that this will never happend again , and we are working hard to not alowe it happend again .

Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:26 am
theunknownamus

Post subject: Assumption of risk Reply with quote

I agree that mods can choose what they wish to be posted, but I personally wonder the need to edit addresses? I have a few emails which I use as public domain and welcome anyone in the world to contact me at as well as use for junkmail/spam. I also have personal addresses which I only give to close friends. The former, at the choice of the poster fully realizing he/she may be spammed, should be viewable by anyone at the consent of the user. That's just my opinion. :unsure:

Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:06 am
mercedes
Moon

moderator bezma respects 900%

Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:45 am
trace567

The reason is as there must be one rule for all and everyone here as we cannot verify users ages, nor do we want adults encouraging youngsters to post their contacts.

Now this forum and game has users who are under the age of 18, thus in the eyes of most laws are children.

Now whilst adults can make decisions of what they wish to have viewed by lurkers etc, children are not in a position to make such a choice safely.

As moderators it is our responsibility to keep members safe (to the best of our ability) whilst accessing GM and our forum. It is therefore for that reason email and messenger id's are not permitted to be posted openly.

Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:51 am
theunknownamus

Ah, yes, of course, the children. Thanks for the explaination.

Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:52 am
theunknownamus

Ah, yes, of course, the children. Thanks for the explaination.

Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:07 am
bezma2

Did I said something different that Trace did ?