Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Report cheaters, and other complaints 4 player game.
      All times are GMT  
Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Goto page 1, 2  Next

Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:44 pm
wallace
Planetoid

Post subject: 4 player game. Reply with quote

Hi,
Just finished a 4 player game with Mercedes-wewewe, Kinghenrik3, oheneba_trikis and myself as thegood.

Game was altogether strange.
Early on Merccedes stops Kinghenric from getting his last green by bidding basically all he had (fair as that was) drove the game mad in terms of chat. Please have a look.

But mid game Mercedes with no cash. opens the 4th Black. oheneba has the other 3. I am the only one that can bid so I bid it up to 1100 (which was all I had), and oheneba gets it and goes on to win the game. Anyway it was obviously of no benifit to Mercedes to open this very important card at this stage essecially as he had no cash to bid and he made very little from it on 20 percent as no one was able to bid highly on it either.

Anyway it made no sence to King who basically left after that. I am reporting because I tried to explain it and the rules to Mercedes in game, (a player must not open unless there is some benifit to that player), but he thinks it was ok. Also he was sending me one or two very one sided trades which make me think he was kinda out to benifit only one player in that particular game. Oheneba and he are friends and said it in the game, and while Oheneba did nothing un to ward as I could see he certainly benifitted from all Mercedes seem to offer.

Mercedes went out 3rd and that was only because King left in disgust. I finshed 2nd. For me its not about the points, infact i lost nothing, more about playing to the rules.

Regards

Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:09 pm
phazed
Planetoid

Post subject: Re: 4 player game. Reply with quote

wallace wrote:
I am reporting because I tried to explain it and the rules to Mercedes in game, (a player must not open unless there is some benifit to that player), but he thinks it was ok.

it's NOT against the rules to open property

case closed

Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:14 pm
mercedes
Moon

Post subject: Reply with quote

i open black i got 900 other got 3000 bafoo got 1100
i open to block bafoo got 4trh black
it is not cheet not teem
thegood bafoo win att got 3 bluee
hoo open 3trd blue? me? yoo? noo king open 3trd bluee
yoo not told him wyy he open 3trd bluee wyy?
yoo told att king quit but yoo do not knoe att i love att give him 3trd green and got some card and 3300
i pay 3000 3trd green
thegood yoo and king told samma tala and yoo bath not love pay cards
yoo not open 3trd purple trade me att i send yoo ofer av got 2nd purple me yeloo pay me 1500 yoo got 4700
thegood stopp told players cheet om yoo gor på comon 2nd rank game pleeeees frend
i not cheet not meet meet teem
and do not told players att cheet plees
yoo make me bad memory game att i bli narvos

yoo told att i not godd engelsh på game chat

watt kan i do om yoo got ide

Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:31 pm
trace567

I have looked through the entire game logs of which are available for the game mentioned above, and also posted by merc in a different thread.

Regarding the black auction, it is not possible to view details of the exact moment of this auction. So I cannot place comment on what actually took place at that moment.

I will say this however, it is not against the rules to auction properties of which are part set to another player. There can be various reasons for auctions of this type they include the following:

1) to gain the 20%
2) to get another player to block that property
3) to avoid passing properties and or start depending at what point in the game
4) to block the property themselves

5) to drain the owners cash placing them at risk
6) to have greater control over the auction, and perhaps push the price higher in accordance to other players cash and need for that property. With 20% gain, if the other player gives, then they lose less cash than if the other landed etc

There maybe others I have left out also

HOWEVER it is not good sportsmanship to auction a property and not bid it at all, or to then not bid that property to a fair level. BUT this action alone is NOT punishable

On to the trades. I have checked through all trade offers and accepted for the game. There were no trades accepted of which were cheat trades.
I did notice that Mercedes offers at times were some what over priced and unbalanced, in his favour and less in favour for the other. There was one which was not so good at all:
Offer at start 70 from Merc to thegood
taking 1500 cash and 1 yellow (not a set) GIVING 2nd Purple (not making a set)

Sorry Merc but that trade is not an acceptable offer at all.

Now on to the chat.

The game was by the looks really unpleasant, the accusing and arguing went on by far too long. Now no one person is responsible for this, but I would ask that please in future make less threats in games, and if you feel the need to report do so, but don't spend all game arguing sides. If you feel it not possible to respond then please try using /mute player name to bring the conversation to an end.

OUT COME nothing, just warning to Merc to watch his trades
and sportsmanship of auctions.
Wallace please try not to spend all game discussing any issues within the game. Just report the game after.

Thanks

Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:09 pm
wallace
Planetoid

Can I ask who is this guy phased. Becuase he has commented on another thread I was involved in but strangly took the other side of the argument than he does this time. Again defending the other even though the argument is the same. Seems I have some proof at last of the double standards at play. Please read this thread.

The thread is

http://www.galacticmag.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4674

and he quotes.

Quote:
wallace wrote:

b. During auction, a player didn't bid the price up despite that being obviously disadvantageous for him.

I did not bid

Nice confession, ive been banned 30 days for the same thing.

This was also quoted to me in that thread as the written rules...
Quote:
Cooperative play is considered cheating. There are two possibilities, applicable only when more than 3 players are playing:
a) Two players conducted a trade, where the trade is obviously advantageous only for one player.
b) During auction, a player didn't bid the price up despite that being obviously disadvantageous for him. The auction is then won by another player for obviously too low price.

Here "advantageous" means increasing the chance to get better rank at the end of the game. Trades conducted in 3+ player games must be advantageous to both parties involved in trade.

That says..

b) During auction, a player didn't bid the price up despite that being obviously disadvantageous for him. The auction is then won by another player for obviously too low price.
So is this the rules or not?

Last edited by wallace on Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:15 pm
CYN
Admin
Admin

Please understand as stated....Anyone may open any property at any time and does not have to bid. While it is sometimes unsportsmanlike it is not cheating, teaming or anything punishable. Many players have many different strategies, please do not judge their strategies just because it isnt one you would use.

ITS ALL GOOD

Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:17 pm
wallace
Planetoid

What about the rules i have seen and read and quoted above?

what about this?

This is clearly what happened. Am I wrong.

In the three years I have been I have not been in a game that was so clearly teaming. I have seen so many threads where this exact judgement is taken my the mods. Yet it seems there are those that are untouchable.

Last edited by wallace on Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:24 pm
CYN
Admin
Admin

You would have to prove it is disadvantageous for that one opening which is nearly impossible as you do not know their thought process nor their strategy

ITS ALL GOOD

Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:29 pm
wallace
Planetoid

Thats shocking. It is as clear to anyone that has played this game for any length of time. You dont open a 4th black when there is no cash available to defend it by yourself or others. When it hassens your end more than all other players. And in fact you come in last. What more proof is required. One person left in disgust. I was doing ok but felt my integrity needed to raise what was an obvious case of strange behavour. No actually nothing other than teaming. Whether it is planned or not, helping a friend at the expence of themselves and others is cheating and teaming. We all know this.
Yet it is swept under the carpet.

Im just glad that things here on this site are clear to me.

Ive been quite an ambasidor to new players and fair play during my time here, but have witnessed a lot of inconsistances and heard it from others too.

If you are happy with all this then great. Be proud of yourself.

Last edited by wallace on Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:43 pm
mercedes
Moon

k k k
thegood yoo be sad att i open 4trh black
i ask yoo and plees anser me k?
wyy yoo not be sad att player king open 3trd bluee???
wyy yoo not ask player king att he not bid pa 4trh black???
frend plees i love dhis game and do not be me bad memory
plees frend
and not told player whil playring they cheet and teem becoos yoo put me i bad memory in game att i love om i got lostconection internet becoos i scare om i quit yoo told mee teem help bafoo
worst game i play 11 month att no told me att i cheet or meet teem
thegood frend be glad and promos att yoo will not meet me på 3p 4p 5p
om yoo meet me 3p 4p 5p told me att yoo player thegood usernam and i will quit
yoo put me bad memory on friday att i love not sleep and got fun play
thxx

Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:48 pm
mercedes
Moon

frend trace plees om yoo transfare my points username merceds_wewewe 16k allt to frend thegood and i love watch min username merceds_wewewe att 1k and frend thegood 5k+15k=20k
plees frend do dhat

Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:48 pm
wallace
Planetoid

I try my best to be an honest person and you expect the people with the power to make fair and just decisions for everyone.

Please it is not about points. So dont add any points to me. There are more important things, like trust and integrity and I thought it was taken for granted here also.

Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:51 pm
CYN
Admin
Admin

No mercedes we do not transfer point between accounts unless something extreme happens such as forgetting a password and not used for a year or so.

ITS ALL GOOD

Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:53 pm
CYN
Admin
Admin

Wallace i am sorry you feel the way you do. We are unable to punish anyone for opening a property as we have limited availability to what we can and cannot see that happens during a game.

ITS ALL GOOD

Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:29 pm
wallace
Planetoid

I am not looking for punishment.

Mercedes is a nice guy always freindy.

But a lot of the big players on here are helping their mates.

At least it could be recognised as the case instead of this nonsence.

So if no one has the guts to say it then maybe I can be allowed to try ?

Mercades... despite your freindliness to everyone and your imunity to play any way you like without reproach, please try to be fair to all players in the game and not just buddies.
Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Goto page 1, 2  Next