Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Report cheaters, and other complaints Questionable trade
      All times are GMT  

Sun May 16, 2010 3:07 pm
CYN
Admin
Admin

Post subject: Questionable trade Reply with quote

please review trade between eclectico and skoja in 5p that just end. It may be questionable. I was in game and cannot make final ruling. it was towards end of game

ITS ALL GOOD

Sun May 16, 2010 3:25 pm
Eclectico
Planetoid

Post subject: Reply with quote

Recession was -300. I bought 3 browns for 700.

He had pink set but no money to upgrade them. By selling me the browns he was able to upgrade pinks twice. THIS MORE THAN DOUBLED HIS INCOME from 120 for brown to 270 for pinks. It is obviously benefitial to him because it increased his chance of getting 3rd or 4th place.

It also obviously benefitted me because i had cash to spare. I was ahead of the player with green in cash, but behind in income. If i wanted any chance of 1st place i had to get more income.

It baffles me someone could even bother to report this. The point of "cheat trade" accusations is to stop people from playing on two different computers at once or to stop friends from teaming up. obviously i have no idea who this guy is... and couldnt care what position he came in. this sort of cheat trade accusation is a waste of the mod's time and i would argue the whole reason we can't keep good mods around.

Sun May 16, 2010 3:43 pm
CYN
Admin
Admin

I am a mod and it did not better his position as he was out after two rounds. This section is not only for teaming it is for unfair trades.
All i was asking was for it to be reviewed as it was questionable. If you questioned a trade you would want it looked into.

ITS ALL GOOD

Sun May 16, 2010 3:49 pm
Eclectico
Planetoid

CYN, you must seperate "results" from probability. The "excpected value" of the his income from pink vs. brown is a matter of simple math. If you like i can post the formulas here. But it should be obvious to you that having more income is better.

Sure he got unlucky and only lasted a few more rounds. He was probably going to be out soon regardless. The point is that doubling his income increased his chance of lasting longer.

Sun May 16, 2010 3:57 pm
trace567

The trade between skoja1 and Eclectico at start -295, buying 3 brown for 700 in my opinion is not possible to class as a cheat trade.

Whilst the trade is not brilliant, it does have logic and benefit on both sides, although the advancing is debatable on Eclectico's side. But I can see the way he was thinking.

skoja had browns (level 5) and 3 pink not upgraded. At that stage skoja was getting 130 income and was clearly in line for 5th. irinuk was closest to skoja in cash and property owning cyans on full upgrades but only 388 cash.

By selling brown skoja recieved the sale cash of the upgrades (5x 200 - half price...giving 1000. Then a further 700 from the brown sale.
This gave him/her 1700 money. 2 pink upgrades at 1200 cost places their cash at 500 and income now at 270 a hit.
Where as irinuk had cyan 200 a hit and cash of 388.

So they were battling it out for 4th and 5th after the trade.

Eclectico owned yellow, orange and 4 black. Was leading against jenny (cyn) who owned reds on full upgrades. I don't expect that brown would be enough to gain 1st, but this was clearly the intention.

Goodgirl imo was definitely leading, owning green on full upgrades and 4 white and 2479 cash.

So I rule this as not a cheat trade.
Bit shakey on the advancing for Eclectico but not enough to warrent a penalty.

Sun May 16, 2010 4:08 pm
CYN
Admin
Admin

Thank you Trace i just wanted another set of eyes not involved to look at it. I cant play favoritism by not questioning something just because i know them.

ITS ALL GOOD

Sun May 16, 2010 4:44 pm
Eclectico
Planetoid

Thank you trace for understanding.

Cyn, i realize you were not passing judgement and just wanted someone to look at it. I'm sorry i got frustrated at you. It's not you... i get annoyed at many cheat trade accusations that seem unnecessary to me.

I really think we all take cheat trade accusations too far when we start thinking about what is "fair". This is a strategy game and you could argue the whole point of the game is to try to get the better end of a trade deal for yourself. "all's fair in love and war" they say. Just like it's not unfair to steal 2nd base in baseball, it's not bad sportsmanship to take advantage of opportunities.

Hope there's no hard feelings.

Sun May 16, 2010 5:55 pm
CYN
Admin
Admin

Of course not. Smile

ITS ALL GOOD