Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Report cheaters, and other complaints thistle in a thistle kyron bobbins 3p
      All times are GMT  
Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Goto page 1, 2  Next

Thu May 13, 2010 9:37 pm
trish97206
Moon

Post subject: thistle in a thistle kyron bobbins 3p Reply with quote

im playing a 3player atm,, i got 4 blacks, (because this guy thistle) opens them all up and charges me up on them, but i buy cuz no one else owns anything. i have an orange of his.. or rahter, i bought an orange, and he bought the other two later. he has a light blue, i have one. he's offering me silly trades like, giving me light blue for the orange. and i pay him money, so i refuse. he tells me, if i don't deal, he sees no choice but to open everything and play for second, and drown me out.

im thinking he means upcharging me on everything, which im fine wiht, but he's bidding bobbin's 3rd dark blue, and is not bidding at all. i got it up to like 700 thats all the cash i had, but thistle was perfectly fine letting him have it bare min. and he's the one that bid. and says thats his tactic.

its in no way beneficial to him, for opening it, and givnig at 700 the go money is like 165. Thank you

Thu May 13, 2010 9:38 pm
trish97206
Moon

Post subject: Reply with quote

oh and now they are calling me names. lil c**k smoker or something or another..

Thu May 13, 2010 9:39 pm
trish97206
Moon

actually its bobbins calling me names. read the chat, all the lil dirty names you can think of, even after i say im reporting. ..

Thu May 13, 2010 9:44 pm
trish97206
Moon

lol sorry i had to go back in and revise this.. they both ended up quitting. well thistle did just cuz, well, dunno, and bobbins just cuz , i had 4 blacks and was winning so he just quit. he's muted atm, dunno what else he's writing me. but i guess if you do find this to be cheating, (which i don see why not) theres no need for points reductioN? cuz they both quit...

Thu May 13, 2010 9:51 pm
wallace
Planetoid

Hi I was playing as thistle.
I find this amazing. The game was going well, no agro from anyone. The way things were turning out I was getting bid against mostly by trish. So we could have traded to each other benifit, but I was getting the impression that this was going to be a dead end.

I offered blue with cash for third orange / so this is a lie as trish explains. please check game. I offered trades and never got any counter offers in return. As trish didnt have a lot of cash left but had a lot of earners with white and black, I thought if I could get some sets on the board then she might be knocked out early. As I said because she was low on cash.

Anyway I was told this was cheating. I am trying to win the game and not to come in last. Surely this is a game of many tactics? Why must everyone tread on glass wondering and waiting for when they are going to be called a cheat.

By opening the last blue I gave myself a great chance of winning. If bobbins upgrades the blue / expensive, he doesnt have funds for last green and also there is the oppertunity of Trish landing on the Blues and getting knocked out.

I find it a shame that I must reply to explain tactics.

I enjoy the game and do not have any agenda in spoiling it for anyone. And I am certainly not a cheat.

Regards
Wallace

ps I quit the game because it got spoiled, the cheat calling and the attitude. So if someone can have a look at it please and see that it in actual fact was trish that took the points by moaning till it became to much.. poor. I see many times these things happening but nothing ever happens to those that cry cheat and end up spoiling the game for others.

Last edited by wallace on Thu May 13, 2010 11:47 pm; edited 4 times in total

Thu May 13, 2010 9:55 pm
trish97206
Moon

i was the only one bidding because bobbins wasn't trying to upsell anything its not as though i was making the prices outrages. you buy first brown for 420, i get teh second for 400 or so, thats just you not buying your props. and im low on cash because you are bidding all my blacks for me charging me. and that dark blue would not have put me bankrupt. if you don't want to pay the price for thsoe low props, which not everyone wants to, then you could hav went for pinks or someting else on board, everything was not already taken.

and i had 4 blacks, if thistle wouldn't have gotten his greens or dark blue, he wouldn't have gotten first. you were playing to make me bankrupt.. and the game was not at a point where you can say he won.

Thu May 13, 2010 10:01 pm
wallace
Planetoid

As long as I am pleasent to the other players and I do not make any cheat trades, surley my tactics in the game are mine to make. I dont know why she is crying.

I dont understand all this reporting just because a person does not like the way the game is going.

It is a game and there are many tactics. Some you win some you loose, lets learn to live with that and not be a bad sport.

Lets enjoy the game and the possibilities of the creative player without the constant threat of being reported.

Wallace.

Last edited by wallace on Thu May 13, 2010 11:49 pm; edited 2 times in total

Thu May 13, 2010 10:15 pm
trish97206
Moon

Quote:
Cooperative play is considered cheating. There are two possibilities, applicable only when more than 3 players are playing:
a) Two players conducted a trade, where the trade is obviously advantageous only for one player.
b) During auction, a player didn't bid the price up despite that being obviously disadvantageous for him. The auction is then won by another player for obviously too low price.

Here "advantageous" means increasing the chance to get better rank at the end of the game. Trades conducted in 3+ player games must be advantageous to both parties involved in trade.

im ''crying'' because you cheated, and that ruined the game for me, so i really don't care that i ruined it back for you with my ''crying''

Thu May 13, 2010 11:24 pm
wallace
Planetoid

trish wrote

Quote:
Quote:
Cooperative play is considered cheating. There are two possibilities, applicable only when more than 3 players are playing:
a) Two players conducted a trade, where the trade is obviously advantageous only for one player.
b) During auction, a player didn't bid the price up despite that being obviously disadvantageous for him. The auction is then won by another player for obviously too low price.

Here "advantageous" means increasing the chance to get better rank at the end of the game. Trades conducted in 3+ player games must be advantageous to both parties involved in trade.

im ''crying'' because you cheated, and that ruined the game for me, so i really don't care that i ruined it back for you with my ''crying''

Right then. First it needs to be established from the context if I was involved in co operative play.

a. Two players conducted a trade, where the trade is obviously advantageous only for one player.

clearly there is no trades going on so this is ruled out.

b. During auction, a player didn't bid the price up despite that being obviously disadvantageous for him.

I did not bid the price up because it was clearly an advantage to me if the third player picked up the third Blue. The alternative was that Trish got the blue and her funds were depleted further.
As it stands Bobbin got the thrid Blue delpeting his funds but not enough to stop him upgrading that blue set. By allowing Bobbin to upgrade blue benifits me by depleting his cash stopping the possiblity of obtaining third green *the game winner. Secondly it offers the opertunity of trish becoming bankrupt by landing on the upgraded blue. As I have a fair bit of cash this stratigy allows me the chance to out live the others or the possibility of picking up the second yellow I am waiting for cheep. And then the possibility of winning the game.

This is to my advantage and there is clearly no co operative play going on. And I have not broken the rules.

It just seems to me that it is too easy for someone to complain and call people a cheat without the whole situation being explained.

How many times do I get called a cheat by trish before this is regarded in itself abusive.

She has taken the points from the game because of the moaning and still continues to try to push the cheat card.

I know that these complains go in all the time. Its not always clear exactly the tactics that are going on in a persons mind. After all the game is quite complex. I do not think it is right that people get away with quoting the rules incorrectly and shouting cheat at every turn and whim.

Sorry for the long rant, but should there not be a penilty for incorretly calling somone a cheat. It just seems so easy.

Fri May 14, 2010 12:37 am
phazed
Planetoid

wallace wrote:

b. During auction, a player didn't bid the price up despite that being obviously disadvantageous for him.

I did not bid

Nice confession, ive been banned 30 days for the same thing.

Fri May 14, 2010 1:17 am
trish97206
Moon

he never upgraded blues. and you were going let him have it bare min? That's not advantatgeous to you you didn't own anything at all. so your trying to stop greens but n ot dark blues as though dark blues weren't going to be taking from your money? nonsense

Fri May 14, 2010 1:23 am
trish97206
Moon

And you said you were basically out to ruin my game just because i wouldn't trade with you with your horrible offers. Who the heck trades at 165 go money anyways when you didn't really own anything i wanted? He didn't have the game won, i had the 4 blacks you gave me, i made back all my money by the time you quit. And he never even upgraded dark blues even after, because his cash had got so low just from landing on black. i wasn't going to go bankrupt, it was 165 go money. with blacks giving me 150 every hit, and dark blues were only 250 if he were to upgrade. 700 for a blue did not deplete any funds of his. he got 400 in credit. and he didn't have greens, nor would he have landed for aw hile, just because he had 2 greens didn't make him game winner, you had more cash and enough to charge him a bunch or steal it from him if you wanted. AND YOU MADE it clear you would continue to keep doing that.. charge me A BUNDLE FOR MY PROPERTIES that you bid, AND NOT HIS.

CHEAT

and i had already reported, its not as though you quit, then i reported, so don't pull that even though i won im still reporting stuff.

i don't expect any points deducted, obviouosly. i really was continuing my report after that because of the foul language from the other guy. BUT HOW ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO PLAY A GAME WHEN SOMEONE IS OUT TO GET YOU? its cheating and its very annoying if this were allowed, why would i ever play multiplayer?

Fri May 14, 2010 2:30 am
wallace
Planetoid

It was a stratigy. I wasnt to know that Bobbin would not upgrade Blue. I assumed he would. There was no malace on my part. I was trying to win the game from a hard position.

Quote:
You didnt own anything
You said that you were out to ruin my game.

These are untrue. Look at the game and it can be seen that these statments are lies.

I ve explained my stratigy,
I had one yellow and one was available. I also had one white, and there was pink still available. Plus all the other property I owned *2 orange one brown one cyan, that would have been brought into play again had trish been knocked out early. Which was the point of the stratigy. Even if that hadnt happened and she managed to stay in it might have forced a trade between us, which was what I was also basically looking for.

I did not say at any time I was out to ruin someones game. Please check the log.

I stated that I would be forced to open if trading was not available to me. This being a valid stratigy that I see all the time. Unless your just going to die slowly sometimes you have to change your statigy mid game.

The rule clearly states that not bidding when it is not to your advantage is not allowed. However it was to my advantage in this instance.

The only reason I am responding to all this is because I know how easy it is to receive a ban when games like this are reported. I wanted to give my side of the story. Anyone that has played this game for long knows that there are many stratigies and many ways to win.

There are grey areas in between the the stated rules that have been mentioned here. They are guidelines that are there for good reasons. ie so that people are not shut out or teamed. But if you are playing one player off another in order to get the win, then its a stratigy. You are playing for yourself. I think it can clearly be seen when one player is hurting another at his own expence, which is not what I was doing.

Its hard enough to find a decent game on here nowadays without all this.

Last edited by wallace on Fri May 14, 2010 2:48 am; edited 2 times in total

Fri May 14, 2010 2:37 am
trace567

Guys can you leave this now please (I don't want to have to lock this thread). The more posts that appear on this thread, the more time it will take Cyndi to read them and check the logs etc before she can make a ruling.

Thanks

Fri May 14, 2010 2:40 am
Welsh-Leek
Ex Moderator

Post subject: Both players Reply with quote

HI both players can you please leave it where it is for now . Cyn will look into to it and one way or another ,it will be dealt with shortly.

BUt for now can you please both try to get on as dont wanna have to request to lock this thread.

Thanks

Use-give3