Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Announcements, Maintenance and Tournaments is auctioning ur card a bannable offense
      All times are GMT  

Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:47 pm
sim5
Planet

Post subject: is auctioning ur card a bannable offense Reply with quote

cyndi i will appreciate if u can clarify about the rule regarding if players r allowed to auction their card or not

please clarify as it is very important for the game

thanks

No expectations, no disappointments.

Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:39 pm
judd
Planet

Post subject: Reply with quote

hey sim Very Happy

auctioning with out cash to bid, besides teeming, is what kreso constitutes cheeting.

Cyns call was right in terms of it being a cheat.

Bans, i don't know.

Cool

Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:43 pm
sim5
Planet

yes teaming is a cheat

but is there any rule which says auctioning ur card in any circumstances no matter what is illegal ?

let say if some1 have 1 yellow & want to raise cash to improve his position by auctioning yellow knowing others have cash to block or bid

is it a cheat move ?

i think player should only be penalized if found that he is doing such thing just to ruin others game

for this mods should reduce his points as a punishment but dont ban straight away

there are many players who may be new or dont understand rules

i think if cyndi can clarify it will help all of us

Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:32 pm
judd
Planet

Kreso wrote:

Cooperative play is considered cheating. There are two possibilities, applicable only when more than 3 players are playing:
a) Two players conducted a trade, where the trade is obviously advantageous only for one player.
b) During auction, a player didn't bid the price up despite that being obviously disadvantageous for him. The auction is then won by another player for obviously too low price.

Here "advantageous" means increasing the chance to get better rank at the end of the game. Trades conducted in 3+ player games must be advantageous to both parties involved in trade.

Be carefull. If user is novice, maybe he just made an error.

If a user is found to have cheated, his points will be reduced greatly.

sim5 wrote:

let say if some1 have 1 yellow & want to raise cash to improve his position by auctioning yellow knowing others have cash to block or bid

is it a cheat move ?

For me, no, it is not a cheat, that is clever play, they are setting up a trade which is probably why the person who bought it wanted it.

I think kreso meant the rule to be..

Lets say someone had 2 green in a 5p. The player with green has loads of cash and everyone else has very little as they have just completed their sets. Someone lands on green and just puts it up (frustrates me when it happens Shocked ) , letting the guy after green pick it up for 730, because no one else can risk bidding. That's what I think kreso means about the cheat auction,

I think that is how kreso meant the rule to be interpreted, because if you look at the teaming rule which kreso was explicit about - the action of putting the green up in the last example, though not easy to prove, could be classed as teaming in the right situation.

I may be way off the point here, but thats how i try to make sence of it.

How does everyone else see it?

Cool

Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:51 pm
HHHfan
Moon

It's nice to see this rule FINALLY being enforced in some way shape or form. It's a great start! Very Happy Idea

Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:00 pm
Nilo911
Moon

I wont say my opinion about this, but I will copy paste Trace's quote when she was a mod. http://www.galacticmag.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4440

trace567 wrote:
Whilst I personally can't stand this type of auctioning (major bug bare of mine), there is really very little I can do about it.

Auctioning is allowed, but I will say this...the type of auctioning as above which does/can really ruin a game we deeply frown upon. But are unable to punish.

Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:09 pm
theunknownamus

Post subject: Progress, don't Regress Reply with quote

Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it's not right. Wink

Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:34 pm
yaaahoooo_2010
Moon

Post subject: Re: is auctioning ur card a bannable offense Reply with quote

sim5 wrote:
...........players r allowed to auction their card ............

card?

Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:36 am
sim5
Planet

here (card) i mean to say property Smile

Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:14 pm
CYN
Admin
Admin

You may open any property for auction, you may put your properties up for auction. As the discussion has gone before, opening someone's property for auction has lots of reason, some being to put others out bettering your position, gaining 20percent, or to outbid that person blocking them. Kreso said you cannot open it and not bid IF it is disadvantageous to you. It can be disadvantageous to someone else though. The situation with Phazed was not opening a property it was putting his owned property up for auction after paying an outrageous amount for it and letting it go for 330, right in the beginning of the game. This can be viewed as team playing, especially when you quit right after doing so within first 15minutes of game on a 3 players game. The ban of 5 days is in lieu of 50percent point reduction as points were so low it would not make a difference.

ITS ALL GOOD

Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:06 pm
sim5
Planet

yes this topic was about auctioning ur own property which u own

CYN wrote:
Phazed was not opening a property it was putting his owned property up for auction after paying an outrageous amount for it and letting it go for 330.

ur right phazed auctioned his own property which i think was 1 cyan here which he may have blocked earlier to make sure other person dont get cyan set

phazed wrote:
I was losing... badly. As a last ditch effort I tried to auction the property I blocked someone with. I didnt even have much cash, so im not going bid on my own auction just to get it sold right back in my face. If any thing it should be MR4EVER who gets banned, he didnt even bid 30 with his 1000s in cash!!!!

is it that it was only phazed fault even if mr4ever who was 3rd person in that game didnt bid at all who had 1000 cash at that time

well i think we cant force any1 to bid but to say phazed let it go for 330 is incorrect statement

i think phazed tried to raise cash which he needed but he may be wrong because trading in such situation is better idea so this can be seen as to ruin the game for others

so according to your judgement players can be penalized for auctioning their own cards if found its a cheat move

Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:26 pm
phazed
Planetoid

I knew it was too cheap, I didnt know it was against the rules.

I'm even more surprised that someone cried to the moderator, rofl.

I didnt want to bid in my own auction. Have you ever held a key auction, and then as soon as you bid on it, people laugh and jsut sell it right back to you?

Can anyone tell me what the consequence of holding an unsuccessfull auction is? I know you lose money, but I dont know the exact amount. Is it the same everytime? Or does it change when you bid and lose?

Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:36 pm
trace567

phazed wrote:
I knew it was too cheap, I didnt know it was against the rules.

I'm even more surprised that someone cried to the moderator, rofl.

I didnt want to bid in my own auction. Have you ever held a key auction, and then as soon as you bid on it, people laugh and jsut sell it right back to you?

Can anyone tell me what the consequence of holding an unsuccessfull auction is? I know you lose money, but I dont know the exact amount. Is it the same everytime? Or does it change when you bid and lose?

You lose 20% of the sale price. That is if you auction a card you own, if someone else wins the auction you get the sale price -20%. If you win the auction, you lose 20% of whatever the end auction amount was.

Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:46 am
jene
Asteroid

CYN wrote:
The ban of 5 days is in lieu of 50percent point reduction as points were so low it would not make a difference.

This is very bad judgement where this guy is getting ban just because he is with low points & if some1 else with big points would have done the same mistake he would have got points punishment

Very very wrong & bad decission instead of helping small players mods are banning giving reason because HE IS WITH LOW POINTS SO 5 DAY BAN

Are rules different for small and big players for same game

I cant believe this ruling which is totally wrong and favours big players

Such type of ruling which is totally against small players is not fair at all

If rules are equal to all players than its good otherwise someone please look into this and do justice with this guy

Regards

Jene

Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:53 am
CYN
Admin
Admin

I see your points and agree with you. The ban was originally for possible teaming and quitting after that auction. His five days are are about up but i will not go back and reduce his points and it would be meaningless at this point. I made an error with this complaint and will be sure to not issue the bans or reductions when in a hurry. Lifting ban

ITS ALL GOOD