yaaahoooo_2010
Moon

Post subject: Reply with quote

trace567 wrote:

mass forum cull

lololololololololololololol

what would this involve

"cull" very funny word

Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing
Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz
Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing
Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz Laughing

Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:31 pm
judd
Planet

Ok,

Enough laughs, jokes and tom foolery here.

Lets get the subject matter back in hand.

Sim suggested that we should have a review of the banning poilcy.

An open discussion involving adults and players of the game, which should always be seen as a mature approach and good starting point.

Kreso even invites open discussion and proposals:

Kreso wrote:
Why? People can propose whatever they want. It's just a suggestion which turned out to be a bad one.

This open discussion didn't even get started.

The topic is about bans for cheat trades, well, lets take a look at what the game developer says about them:

Kreso wrote:
If you think someone was unfair or rude, report it here.

Cooperative play is considered cheating.

There are two possibilities, applicable only when more than 3 players are playing:
a) Two players conducted a trade, where the trade is obviously advantageous only for one player.
b) During auction, a player didn't bid the price up despite that being obviously disadvantageous for him. The auction is then won by another player for obviously too low price.

Here "advantageous" means increasing the chance to get better rank at the end of the game. Trades conducted in 3+ player games must be advantageous to both parties involved in trade.

Be carefull. If user is novice, maybe he just made an error.

If a user is found to have cheated, his points will be reduced greatly.

Kreso, the man himself says for cheat trades, points should be greatly reduced, no mention of banning.

Kreso even goes on to explain how the game should be played in relation to trading, most of the advanced players will play like this anyway.

Kreso wrote:
Duda wrote:

Duda wrote:

I thought, if a more experianced player was offering an unfair trade to a less experianced player, the other participants in the game would be able to tell the less experianced player that they are getting a bad deal and then the less-experianced player would be less likely to accept it. I don't know, I'm not sure it will have much impact.

What you are describing is not cheating, it's perfectly legal. Players of GM should be trying to trick other players to accept bad deals.
What is not allowed is to play cooperatively, which is the opposite of what you are describing.

The use of the word "Trick," is the important point here, but thats just my interpretation.

Please, only mature responses guys, lets work as a team to move the game forwards in a positive manner.

Kudos.

Cool

Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:44 pm
trace567

Any chance you could post the links to those quotes Ju, that way players can read properly kreso's comments in the full threads of which they were placed.

Other wise we cannot tell the exact topic of which he was talking of, or about when he posted them, of which I have tried to find and cannot. So please post the links, be useful to all I feel to better understand kreso's intentions here on GM, but in order to do that they need to see the full thread.

Good post btw. Some what better quality then the previous one Wink

Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:12 pm
sim5
Planet

hope things will be better now & people will learn trading is a very important part of this game & we should not ban people for cheat trading unless found teaming

good job judddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd Razz

No expectations, no disappointments.

Last edited by sim5 on Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:28 pm
judd
Planet

Trace, are you questioning my integrity?

Confused

Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:53 pm
trace567

judd wrote:
Trace, are you questioning my integrity?

Confused

Of course not! The search function is wacky, was just saying I couldn't find them. But you did so thought you could post the links, I for one am very interested in reading those threads, which is why I tried to find them.

Be great if you could post em. You know me, I love reading old topics when I get the time.

Prab, before you start hailing a victory, you have not suceeded in anything! Please remember when YOU have issued bans in the past for cheat trading. So please don't be so judgemental. Besides, the last month has been only Cyndi as of course I left, and Mattie hasn't be about, nor has Jim. I don't actually recall Cyndi banning anyone of late for trading, but I haven't looked.

Maybe this topic is kind of useless really. I mean you can't go on about the past Prab of which you were involved in, when Cyndi is all you have right now. You are really questioning her on her banning, but I haven't noticed any excessive banning by her at all!

If you are going to try and start an arguement and debate on banning and trades, you should at least bring evidence to the table for your cause, if not it is simply a waste of typed words. The people round here hungry for debate and trouble will naturally respond in order to stick their spoon in and stir the pot a bit more. But no good will come of any arguement without a clear reason for the thread!

Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:46 pm
sim5
Planet

first of all its not anything personal or hailing a victory of such stuff

ur very fast in putting ur words against me but where were u when bezma made his post

btw i never said cyndi made any banning in excess & i know she is the only mod in gm now who is active

i still believe we all have done mistake not a single 1 person & we should review this banning policy so that in future we dont make the same mistake & can get more players playing gm

we should not allow cheat trading but for that as kreso said we should punish them by reducing points & only ban people if they r rude to others & do it repeatedly.

this will help lot of players who makes mistakes in trading & more important we can get more people in gm on a consistent basis

if we need some discussion where people can put their suggestion to improve gm we should welcome them not threatened to ban them

Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:24 am
judd
Planet

trace, fair comments, i'll dig out and put the links in today.

the quotes weren't "off topic" so to speak.

also

sim and trace, i have booked you both in at a top quality restaurant for a meal and a bottle of wine together so you can sort out your niggles.

I posted here, and it took me a long time posting the thread!!! (its a nightmare doing long threads on here because of the way the typing box moves all the time) to see if players should be banned for trading activities.

I must admit, i was surpriced with the fruits of my research.

lets move this forwards in a positive manner guys.

looking forward to intelegent and reasoned discussion on this subject.

links to follow Arrow

kudos

Cool

Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:44 pm
sim5
Planet

judd wrote:
sim and trace, i have booked you both in at a top quality restaurant for a meal and a bottle of wine together so you can sort out your niggles.

cool i am looking forward for a nice candle night dinner with bottle of wine Smile
there is no reason why we should have any hard or negative feelings for any1 here

judd wrote:
I must admit, i was surpriced with the fruits of my research.

indeed but not surprised to c kreso a intelligent person who made this nice free interesting game for all of us

> welcome people to put their view in for public discussion even if its bad & thats why he opened this place called forum
> allows gm players to trade the way they want to get the maximum advantage even if it is bad to the other player(something we called grey area)

judd wrote:
lets move this forwards in a positive manner guys.

looking forward to intelegent and reasoned discussion on this subject.

certainly hope so

let make things better

more players more games more fun Cool

Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:07 pm
Nilo911
Moon

judd wrote:

Thats a good one ,Judd Laughing

Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:43 pm
judd
Planet

Greetings and salutations Smile

sorry about the delay.

Please see below the links to the relevant threads:

http://www.galacticmag.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=80

http://web.archive.org/web/20060324234441/www.galacticmag.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=87

Looking forwards to an open discussion and mature opinion, in relation to the game developers comments and interpretation thereon.

Kudos

Cool

Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:45 pm
trace567

Thanks Ju. They take us back a bit lol, before my time even. Interesting reading though.

Can't say I have really figured out what he meant by trick though. I mean we all know trades do not have to be equal, just must benefit both players. Maybe this is what he meant, that its ok for a trade to be unbalanced, so long as both are gaining from it.
He clearly states about cheat trades, in that all trades must be aimed at advancing both, and thus benefit both. So maybe the "trick" is not the word he meant (he's not english). I dunno!

As for the dinner thing with Prab, well he knows I believe he should lay off a bit for the moment. He also knows he drove me batty before I quit with his nagging. I just believe he should give it a break, let Cyndi sort out what she wants to do, and how she wants to do it. Its early days still in her being the main mod, so give her time to find her feet here.
I just don't think he understands how horrible it is to be a mod, pretty much alone and having people go on and on nonstop about what they want. It adds stress and pressure that at this time is not helpful (imo) to GM, or the mod he is pestering. It is not easy, I know....and that is why it concerns me so greatly how he is like a dog with a bone on all his wants. He seems to ignore Cyndi's comments, or belittle them (not just on main forum but in mod section also). It is not right! Also its not the kind of attitude I expected off an ex mod.

Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:43 am
sim5
Planet

trace567 wrote:
I mean we all know trades do not have to be equal, just must benefit both players. Maybe this is what he meant, that its ok for a trade to be unbalanced, so long as both are gaining from it.
He clearly states about cheat trades, in that all trades must be aimed at advancing both, and thus benefit both.

i fully agree with u

just to add i think according to kreso gm player should try to do trade to get maximum profit from it by giving other a less advantage ......but yes at the end trade should benefit both players in advancing their position

i know very well cyndi is working alone here as a mod thats why we should do something so that she dont get all the burden

what i am worried if we dont do anything now things may end bad for her one day

please think about it

Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:33 am
theunknownamus

Post subject: Reinstating Reply with quote

If no one is willing to instate new mods, perhaps old mods (still with active symbols) could come back (ie Palabra, Fort, Johnny, etc). This is, of course only if they're willing. Idea

Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:42 am
palabra
Ex Moderator

Post subject: Re: Reinstating Reply with quote

theunknownamus wrote:
If no one is willing to instate new mods, perhaps old mods (still with active symbols) could come back (ie Palabra, Fort, Johnny, etc). This is, of course only if they're willing. Idea

genuinely, i wish i had the time