Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Announcements, Maintenance and Tournaments Vote for new Mods
      All times are GMT  

Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:01 pm
judd
Planet

Post subject: Reply with quote

HHHfan wrote:
from what trace said, there is no real need for a mod account, unless you want to go throw your weight around and play big cheese in the lobby, which wouldnt surprise me with some people around here.

if the power can be given to review games and make rulings, what more do you need? oh no, poor people cant have their symbol of authority, whats the big deal? just appoint a couple more mods like you did with mattie..... duh!

could have been put more nicely but the guy is speaking sence.

try and get one of them zero point mod accounts there are a couple and one is gazes

Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:17 pm
palabra
Ex Moderator

i agree as well.

are we getting tired of seeing the pattern of tired, overworked mods? well maybe we should stop going through periods in which only one or two are working. let's add a couple more (who may not have mod tags, OH NO!) who can rule on cheat trade reports and check logs for vulgar and abusive language. i know for a fact that we can let more people check the trade and chat logs even if they don't have mod tags on their account. so why not appoint a few more mods?

Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:09 am
CYN
Admin
Admin

Post subject: And who is gonna choose Reply with quote

And who do you all think is going to choose who gets to be mod? There are requirements at being a mod and restrictions.
anyone who has been a mod knows this. Any previous mods are not to give out any info on how to do things until this is all figured out please

ITS ALL GOOD

Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:10 am
HHHfan
Moon

heres a plan, why not have the gm community vote in the mods, or out for that matter? that would be fair enough. or randomly pick some, beggars cant be choosers in my view.

Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:19 am
trace567

Not spotted any begging bowls by Cyndi's feet...so I think she is not begging so she can be a chooser Laughing

Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:22 am
CYN
Admin
Admin

Post subject: CHOOSING AND REMOVING Reply with quote

The only one that can remove a mod is Kreso or maybe bill. I am doing the best i can to keep up with things and as for exmods they arent cureently doing anything to worry about removing their access.
If you all want to vote someone in it still needs to meet the qualifications of a mod.

ITS ALL GOOD

Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:48 am
ranban282
Ex Moderator

Post subject: Mods, etc Reply with quote

I wrote to kreso some months back about sharing the code base with players, but got no response. I was thinking in terms of writing a GM like game from scratch.

Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:56 pm
yaaahoooo_2010
Moon

palabra wrote:
i agree as well.

are we getting tired of seeing the pattern of tired, overworked mods? well maybe we should stop going through periods in which only one or two are working. let's add a couple more (who may not have mod tags, OH NO!) who can rule on cheat trade reports and check logs for vulgar and abusive language. i know for a fact that we can let more people check the trade and chat logs even if they don't have mod tags on their account. so why not appoint a few more mods?

I think I see what you're saying here........ a new mod can make any decisions available just when it comes to entering the decisions they have to sign on with some available mod account to enter the decision. but who cares what mod account they sign in under to enter the decisions, besides trace Rolling Eyes (I do understand your objection to ppl using your account but how many mod accounts are inactive who the owners of these accounts could care less if a new mod is using?).

Can't they just inform in the forum under their regular account what decision has been made (the account that is visible) then when they have to make a behind the scenes update they can do this on a former mod account and these updates won't be noticed by average players which mod account it was done on.

It seems to me the only one objecting to this, if this is accurate, are mods. Hmmmm I wonder why that is.

Also, who made these hocus pocus rules about requirements to be a mod? First of all I remember hearing from Gareth himself about these rules that not every single one of the requirements absolutely have to be met to become a mod. That would be ridiculous b/c lets say there is a mod emergency and with so few mods right now if one was away for an extended time and there were no real candidates that fit all criteria then what would happen, im sure the criteria can be modified a bit.....

I think its time for some people to listen to SIM, getting all nit picky about following some of these rules is getting outrageous............

Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:23 pm
HHHfan
Moon

they always selectively enforce the rules. why the heavy scrutiny on the "mod rules"? because in this way they can keep the people in power who they want, who are going to do what they are told like nice little sheep! thats how i see it!

if you wanted to do it fairly, you would vote for mods, despite points and such, that way, the players of the game can put who they want to run things. maybe such a restriction as never having got a ban, except maybe as a newbie! then, mods would have to rule consistently, or they would be gone!

but, it will never happen, and your stuck with what your stuck with...... enjoy!

Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:17 pm
trace567

Wonder if you can buy Preparation-H for forums.
I believe this could be the solution.

Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:43 am
ranban282
Ex Moderator

Post subject: Mods and their symbols Reply with quote

Just curious, what difference does the mod symbol make? I suppose the mods without the symbol can't kick players from the lobby, but can they examine game and chat, and reduce points?

Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:39 am
sim5
Planet

no they cant

if x-mods dont give their powers(giving mod symbol) to new players who want to help gm there is no way we can have new mods without kreso

once this symbol is given to them they can help current mods in chat logs,trading logs & in points modifications

No expectations, no disappointments.

Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:08 pm
palabra
Ex Moderator

sim5 wrote:
no they cant

if x-mods dont give their powers(giving mod symbol) to new players who want to help gm there is no way we can have new mods without kreso

once this symbol is given to them they can help current mods in chat logs,trading logs & in points modifications

not entirely true, but i guess debating it would be beating a dead horse. maybe we should just let this discussion die, let nature run its true course, and just see what happens over time lol

Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:06 pm
HHHfan
Moon

yup the corrupt few who somehow got power wont relinquish it, only take turns abusing it!

Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:11 am
palabra
Ex Moderator

let's not be over-dramatic.

i'm saying that it would be nice to have more mods. i'm not saying the world is ending because of the current situation. lol. also, cyndi is a fine mod. we shouldn't incriminate her just because she's in a difficult situation. she didn't devise the scenario. kreso (mainly) and bill are causing this mod shortage