Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Announcements, Maintenance and Tournaments Vote for new Mods
      All times are GMT  

Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:19 pm
yaaahoooo_2010
Moon

Post subject: Vote for new Mods Reply with quote

Are we allowed to do this or propose to have all new replacement moderators.

ie a forum vote to see who would like to see new moderators some day.

If a moderator were to lock such a thread it would definitely tell me something.
Rolling Eyes

Last edited by yaaahoooo_2010 on Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:33 pm
palabra
Ex Moderator

Post subject: Re: Vote for new Mods Reply with quote

yaaahoooo_2010 wrote:
Are we allowed to do this or propose to have new moderators.

ie a forum vote to see who would like to see new moderators some day.

If a moderator were to lock such a thread it would definitely tell me something.
Rolling Eyes

really, yahoo? can you ask a question without throwing in statements which have the sole purpose of angering the very people you are already questioning?

Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:42 pm
yaaahoooo_2010
Moon

Post subject: Reply with quote

On contrair monfrair

Although if a moderator were to get all angry, upset and emotional just from an inquiry about if such a vote is allowed it would definitely tell me something.
Rolling Eyes

Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:47 pm
palabra
Ex Moderator

lol fair enough

Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:34 pm
trace567

Do you think that IF the moderators could/were going to look for more mods that they would be incapable of posting themselves requesting offers or votes etc?

Because until you actually see a post by a mod talking about adding more mods this is nothing but a waste of time.

Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:58 pm
yaaahoooo_2010
Moon

My bad I meant a vote to replace all the current ones with brand new ones

Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:04 am
Welsh-Leek
Ex Moderator

it doesnt really matter yahoo ...nothin can be done at the momrnt...no mods can be added or removed. As im sure it has been said many times , kreso or gareth are the only ones who can do this , and as we all know neither are available , and not likely to be soon unfortunately.

Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:46 am
sim5
Planet

its only kreso who can do not bill
but its simple & common sense if inactive mods including bill & x- mods all give their power to new players who have time & want to help gm things will be solved
but i doubt if this will happen
as every1 knows about kreso absence its sad no1 is coming forward to give their powers for the best interest of gm

No expectations, no disappointments.

Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:08 am
CYN
Admin
Admin

Post subject: yahoo Reply with quote

yahoo you can propose whatever you wish, but as stated Kreso is the only one that can give someone modship.
Sim you know becoming a mod has qualifications and approval that must be met. Please stop making it sound like it is an easy thing to happen.
Yahoo i am the only current active mod, if you are unhappy with this maybe you should take a break until such time more mods can be appointed, which will not be in the near future.

ITS ALL GOOD

Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:58 am
HHHfan
Moon

all this talk of kreso being the only one who can grant modship seems funny to me, or, at least, something is funny. we have all been told time and time again that kreso left this place long ago, and has no time and does nothing with this site. around the same time, mattie becomes mod. NOW, you say only kreso can make new mods.

so something is wrong here. someone made mattie a mod, however, according to everyone at the time, kreso was no longer around doing anything. so, who made mattie a mod? if it was kreso, why was everyone told kreso was no longer having anything to do with this site. if someone else did it, why are you saying now, that only kereso can do it? something is fishy there, somewhere, the truth is not being told about something.

basically, you guys should pick a story and stick with it, or try a strange approach... the truth! Idea Laughing

Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:13 am
trace567

Nate, first up Matt has never had a mod sign placed on his game account. Gaz requested Kreso do this at least twice it was never done. Gaz made Matt a mod (as in on the forum mod side)at my request. But Matt has never, and still does not own an account with a mod sign. He does have access to the spare mod account of which belongs to Gaz. He can use this for kicking in lobby if it is necessary.

Kreso is the ONLY person who can make any person a mod offically. Kreso is the only person who can remove mod status on in game accounts.

The forum can be altered by Gaz, I do have some ablity here also but less so than Gaz. You may have noticed I updated last week the mod list at the top of each forum section.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:30 am
yaaahoooo_2010
Moon

HOld on.......... didn't all the former mods have mod access such as Fort, Husky, Palabra, xcite magflag etc

As sim is indicating why can't their account just be taken over by new mods if these old mods approve,?

Doesn't anyone know Kreso has a facebook account and can easily be contacted there?

Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:44 am
trace567

Well the taking over of ex mods accounts is not for me to decide. However I personally don't agree it would be a wise move. I have seen myself the confussion even when Matt uses Gaz's spare account. Players ask if it is Gaz. If there were more ex mod accounts in use by others it could cause great confussion.

It also is not fair to expect ex mods to give their account. They already gave their time to GM helping, it is not their fault nor their responsiblity to then give even more by giving up their user name.

I for one will NEVER do so. This is for many reasons. One being the confussion it would cause. Also the fact my mod account is my name, and that is personal to me. I already gave my heart and soul to GM, so I don't feel I should be pushed or pressured into giving my identity here also.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:19 pm
HHHfan
Moon

from what trace said, there is no real need for a mod account, unless you want to go throw your weight around and play big cheese in the lobby, which wouldnt surprise me with some people around here.

if the power can be given to review games and make rulings, what more do you need? oh no, poor people cant have their symbol of authority, whats the big deal? just appoint a couple more mods like you did with mattie..... duh!

Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:01 pm
judd
Planet

HHHfan wrote:
from what trace said, there is no real need for a mod account, unless you want to go throw your weight around and play big cheese in the lobby, which wouldnt surprise me with some people around here.

if the power can be given to review games and make rulings, what more do you need? oh no, poor people cant have their symbol of authority, whats the big deal? just appoint a couple more mods like you did with mattie..... duh!

could have been put more nicely but the guy is speaking sence.

try and get one of them zero point mod accounts there are a couple and one is gazes