Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Galactic Magnate General Discussion its like a dictator aldolf hittler those days long gone
      All times are GMT  

Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:49 pm
belkin
Planetoid

Post subject: its like a dictator aldolf hittler those days long gone Reply with quote

how can u tell someone how much to gamble once the person have his/her entry fee. a man will go the shop and spend his last pound on a lotto ticket the shop keeper will not turn him away and said its ur last pound he will sell him that ticket the days of aldolf hittler is long gone get real, wake up chillout burn a spliff this is 2010 once the gambler is comfortable he/she should decide their own fate not aldolf hittler. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad :cry : HIGH HITTLER IS DEAD SO ARE HIS MORAL

Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:49 pm
trace567

Post subject: Reply with quote

#
Step 2: Godwin's Law

Godwin's Law states that “as an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one.”
#

What that means in real terms is that sooner or later someone involved in a forum argument will be likened to a Nazi, or displaying Hitler-like tendencies. Please note that if you're the one invoking Godwin's Law and likening someone to a Nazi, you've immediately lost the argument because it's such a lame-a** low blow.

http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-behave-on-an-internet-forum

On a serious note GM is not a gambling website, nor is it a lottery.
The point system as created by Kreso is aimed at ranking players ability. To win or lose a whole account from 1 game is not anywhere in Kreso's system. I feel players should respect him, and his game rather than argue over if they can win 25k from one game by gambling a whole account! Pre Dec this was not even an option.

Also, you should respect that moderators are the people changing these game points. Try having a bit of respect for the time these things take them, whilst also dealing with complaints etc. Rather than placing demands on them for which they are under no obligation to for fill. Point changing for unrated games never used to be a part of mod work.

Finally as it was ME who was the driving force behind the change, and I have quit my position here. You can by all means make your arguments to the mods that are here now. But please remember their time is limited, and to change it will have consequences. These may be taking their time away from complaints (cheat trades, abuse), also may risk server disruption from excessive point changes. There were many reasons why I pushed for the change, as it was really a big problem. My aims were to allow players keep the system open, whilst placing less strain on the server and moderators. If that was wrong of me, then sorry. But I feel that complaints and a smooth server is more important than winning masses of points for a handful of users.

Another thing, do you know what it feels like to have to be the one to make a change that you KNOW some will hate. But that you HAVE to do it for the overall benefit of the entire game, moderators and players. Then to be practically called Hitler for having to make hard decisions for the benefit of all. Sigh, no wonder I quit really is it?

Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:35 am
CYN
Admin
Admin

Post subject: trace Reply with quote

trace dont take their ranting to heart. there is always someone who is going to whine or complain no matter what we do.
The rules stay as you stated them as i too agree with them. If he doesnt like it he can not play that series of play.

ITS ALL GOOD

Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:58 am
Fort
Planet

uh trace u never learn. honestly u dont need to explain it at this length,

Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:02 pm
trace567

What if I said I actually found it funny lol. Coz that's the truth Laughing

Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:03 pm
judd