Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Galactic Magnate General Discussion Attcks on Gm & mods!
      All times are GMT  

Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:15 pm
Welsh-Leek
Ex Moderator

Post subject: Attcks on Gm & mods! Reply with quote

This is going out to all the registered members and un registered members of the forum .

The constant attacks on GM and mods is gettin boring and silly. We are all here to play the game and just enjoy that. Yes there are a few flaws in the game and its rulings but they cannot really be changed. How many of you have been playin games here when there have been no mods around ??

coz you are the ones who need to speak up and show to others that GM with out mods is not a good place.... the abuse and cheat trades that go on here with out mods , will certainly put off more players , than when there are mods around, we all often forget to that mods are NOT PAID and do wot they do to help make GM run a little more easily and to try to ensure tha ppl dont get abused, with foul language etc.

All im sayin here is if things carry on we GM is going to end up woth no moderators and numbers of regulars will begin to drop, cheat trades will rise ridiculously and im sure GM will also become an unfriendly place.

so can we all please give the mods and GM a break and appreciate the free game we have here.

I know a lot will not agree with wot im sayuin but i also know that a lot of others will. I for sure would not want to be here without mods.

and yes this is a forum so everyone is open to their opinions ...so good or bad replys are welcomed to my post .

Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:37 pm
trace567

Post subject: Reply with quote

Without Mods numbers no doubt may well rise. But, along with it the amount of abuse, and cheat trading. So whilst player numbers might go up, regular faces will no doubt decrease as those who stay would soon tire of facing cheat trades and abuse all the time.

Those who would like to see a non-moderated GM, are those who a) have faced a ban b) have been threatened with a ban. This is because they don't agree with either the rules as they are today. Or they do not want to be punished for any wrong doings. So it is natural for those who have faced the wrath of mod punishments to wish us be gone.

But those who by and large are glad that there are some rules, and glad there are some people here who will give up their free time to instead play, but to wade through forum posts, chat logs, trade logs etc to remove those who cause problems will hate GM without mods. I have seen GM without mods, and it wasn't pleasant at all.

But the thing is, until this place is moderated by people doing it as a wage packet, they will only work in "their" free time as and when they can. Simply to try and help.

And yes, secrets out. I have requested to be removed from the admin/mod role. I considered it last weekend, and spent all week debating in my own head whether to or not, I decided yes it is my time to go. I simply just don't have any want to waste my time anymore. My time is valuable (just as Nate said over in the other thread players time is valuable) so is mine!!! I can't continue to waste my life attempting to fix a game where even the owner is absent. I do not have the time to go round chasing my tail on here. I just can't do it anymore. Simple as that.

Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:10 pm
sim5
Planet

very well said welsh... i fully agree with u

i dont think there is even a single person who knows gm...... doesnt know what trace has done for this place

i am very happy with trace decision thats what i wanted because i knew what she was doing is nothing but killing herself

tracer dear u did ur part & now its time for u to chill

if trace has given so much time to this place doesnt mean she has nothing to do in her life ... truth is she is simple honest person & doesnt know how to act & be smart like others

those smart people here r enjoying their time & r very happy playing but they never forget to say at the end " I DONT HAVE TIME... BLAH BLAH BLAH FOR THIS STUPID PLACE "

yes its true we have many people here who always say this is a crap place & a waste of time but everytime they always forget to uninstall gm from their pc

why ? try to ask them u will never get answer

truth is why we all love this place is because of all the hard work mods have done time to time

those who dont have any respect for mods GO TO HELL

No expectations, no disappointments.

Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:51 pm
yaaahoooo_2010
Moon

Um there are barely any mods left to attack.......

And there really are not that many people complaining about moderators currently to make such a big deal out of it to warrant making one huge post on this topic......... not even am i complaining about moderators anymore so that takes away about 90% of moderator complaints Rolling Eyes

it is my opinion though there should be new moderators from time to time

or at least a balance of moderators with different styles

for example i thought xcite was a good moderator b/c he wasn't overly opinionated about everything where as some moderators of the past have really gotten involved almost to headache preportions where all you see in the forum is moderator talk Rolling Eyes

fewer moderators is almost a sign of fewer players, maybe fewer moderators means there are fewer complaints b/c there are fewer players to make complaints ?

Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:27 pm
trace567

Sorry yaaahoooo but you're 90% wrong. Mod numbers have zero to do with player numbers or number of complaints. There is and has been for a number of weeks been a real lack of chat logs being checked regularly. Mods don't have the time.

Secondly Matt, who is the most recent mod does as yet STILL not have a mod sign of his own. Kreso has not done it. Just as kreso STILL has not updated mod status of mods left. Such as farsouth, husky, palabra, magflag etc all these to my knowledge still have mod signs on in game accounts. Bill is never here and currently cannot be here.

I couldn't take anymore mods on, what with? I can't even get them a mod sign.

I'm not leaving due to moaners either, they have been present the entire duration of my time here, and will remain so with my departure.

Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:34 pm
Welsh-Leek
Ex Moderator

all I was tryin to get across to everyone in this post is that they think its bad here now ... WAIT till we have next to NO mods and ppl get abused or cheated out of points. And NOONE to complain to ...as in the end it will get to no point in reporting it coz nothin will get done.

thats all ... just wish everyone would appreciatte the mods work and that GM is a free game. which unfortunately will not be improved anytime soon, apart from what the mods do.

Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:03 am
palabra
Ex Moderator

trace, you've been amazing. thanks so much for all the work you've put it in here on GM. even though people have been stupid and rude to you, you should know that you really are appreciated for what you do.

Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:12 pm
theunknownamus

To every mod who has put his/her time into making GM the best they can make it, Matt, Trace, Bill, et al, I would sincerely like to thank you. Without people keeping things in order, this would become yet another anarchist gaming site among the thousands already existing. Mods set GM apart from disorderly chaos of other lobbies. Thank you

Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:11 am
yaaahoooo_2010
Moon

So does this mean only Kreso or Gareth have the ability to change mod access?

Does this mean if all the current moderator quit then there will be 0 moderators even if new players wanted to sign up to become one?

Last edited by yaaahoooo_2010 on Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:33 am; edited 1 time in total

Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:30 am
yaaahoooo_2010
Moon

trace567 wrote:

.............they have been present the entire duration........and will remain so with my departure.

here you write you departure remains ....... i think what these words means (a remaining departure) is literally by definition you're carry on with your plans to depart the game

Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:38 am
yaaahoooo_2010
Moon

hmmm i wonder if all the moderators did pretend to quit and an email was sent to Kreso to this effect if this tactic could be used to draw his attention

Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:31 am
theunknownamus

I would highly doubt that as it seems rather unorthadox. Try to keep in mind that there is a mod forum section where things are discussed out of public eye.

My best assumption is that the slow regression of mods created a domino effect leaving little left. I believe that if more mods were active, this could lighten the load on each, therefore keeping a mod role an enjoyable one. However, if one leaves, it instantly seems to start a chain of others becoming discouraged therefore making the workload heavier on each subsequent mod and eventually leaving no one. A good number imo would be 5 to 7 mods at a time, leaving a cusion to fall back on in case one left. Although hopefully they would all stay.

Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:24 pm
palabra
Ex Moderator

hmmmmm

i don't like this at all.

the mod situation has never been all that stable since i've been here. even when there were 6-7 mods back when i was a mod, only a few people did any of the work. i would contend that the choice of mod is really important as well.

Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:41 pm
yaaahoooo_2010
Moon

theunknownamus wrote:
there is a mod forum section where things are discussed out of public eye.

lol i would love to see this mod forum section....... this is the 1st ive heard of it. how much money and to whom do i have to pay to get a glimpse of it? i wonder if posts were deleted there too though. pls pm me with offers.

Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:55 pm
trace567

yaaahoooo_2010 wrote:

lol i would love to see this mod forum section.......

lol I bet you would. I've even been known to use swear words there that the poxy filter doesn't like and bleeps them out.