Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Report cheaters, and other complaints Hacking
      All times are GMT  

Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:27 pm
Hoofhearted
Planetoid

Post subject: Hacking Reply with quote

I logged on today to see that my Account Clinton has been " hacked " into. This was my largest account with 45k odd. can you please find his (the hackers) IP address and shut him down. I first noticed this at 14.20 GMT. Many thanks.
By the way my password has been been changed by the hacker

Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:50 pm
trace567

Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in the process of banning several computers. Whilst checking this I have discovered what appears to be mass point passing between some accounts, of which clinton user name has been involved in.

When we have been able to try and figure out exactly whats what will let you know if it may be possible to arrange for the points you had to be restored onto a new user name.

Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:17 pm
Hoofhearted
Planetoid

Post subject: Hacking Reply with quote

Dear Tracey, many thanks for responding so quickly. I should be grateful for any assistance/help you can give.
with kind regards,
Lyndon.

Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:39 pm
trace567

Hi Lyndon

Could you give me a bit more info please. When and how did you realise your account had been taken? Did you try to log in with it? See someone using it? etc etc

Thanks

Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:52 am
Hoofhearted
Planetoid

Hi Tracey, the first time I noticed was yesterday when I logged on as another account and saw my clinton account. I do not use the clinton account much really only for tournys which I do not play much nowadays. I asked the peron what they were doing with that account and they logged off, I tried to log on as clinton to see my pass word had been changed.
If I can help you with any more information please let me know.
Yours Lyndon.

Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:26 am
Bill2k06
Ex Moderator

yo shacks, you big old stranger.
hows things matey ???

just read your post now , and going to have a look at this myself, as i have a few extra ip checkers and testers than trace, and so i should be able to find out a bit more info.

a few quick questions tho shacks/lyndon

1) could jon have given your password to his mates?
2) could he have used that account at a friends and written the p/word down
3)could it be alex at a friends???
4) what area do you live in so i can cross check the area(i know london but within 5miles will be better pls lyndon)
5)Can you remember when you last played on this account?

hope we can get this sorted for you shacks, speak soon pal.
Gaz

Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:40 pm
Hoofhearted
Planetoid

Hi Gaz my old mate, (not as old as me though!) Hope you and the family are well, hope we are going have to have a game sometime, the only thing is my typing has'nt got any quicker!

The boys are with me this weekend hence I was on GM and they have confirmed that they have not handed out my password to anyone. As to the last time I played an actual game as Clinton It would have been the last time I played in a tourny which was some time ago. I have logged on as Clinton a few times but only to see if the boys were on, perhaps the last time was around Christmas.

Mate you know that Im not worried about points (as have so many acounts!) but I am concerned that the "hacker" may upset someone who knows me as Clinton ie Tracey, Quizzy, Helen and of course your good self, you know the usual crew.

My area is Sutton, Surrey.

So any thing you can do to shut him down I would be eternally grateful.

All the best my friend and speak soon.

Lyndon

Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:22 pm
Bill2k06
Ex Moderator

well, there are a few things that can be done, im just concerned i think i know who it is , and if so, it is brazilians playing in an internet cafe , which means no fixed , ip, no fixed comp id, and so a punishment is pointless, the only thing we'll be able to do is give u the points back , BUT like you said i know points dont mean too much to yourself, as with myself also.

i will dig deeper for you though, ive been checking for last 2 hrs going through different logs, ip checkers etc, and its coming back brazilian, and theyre buggers because of the internet cafes they all play in .,

Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:42 pm
Hoofhearted
Planetoid

Damn those bloody Brazilians (no offence David Nobre).

Gaz mate there is Im sure not much you or Trace can do. I dont need the points so if you can shut down the account that would be great. I'll just have to enter some tournys and earn the points back (sob sob). Hey, perhaps we can have a game and I'll grab a few off you, lol.

As I say the most important things is that those swines do not upset anyone or cheat. I may mention to Gordon Brown or better still Tony Blair next time I see them that Brazil has weapons of mass destruction which can be launched within 40 minutes. That could ease the problem!!!

All the very best mate

Lyndon

Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:02 pm
HHHfan
Moon

Bill2k06 wrote:
well, there are a few things that can be done, im just concerned i think i know who it is , and if so, it is brazilians playing in an internet cafe , which means no fixed , ip, no fixed comp id, and so a punishment is pointless, the only thing we'll be able to do is give u the points back , BUT like you said i know points dont mean too much to yourself, as with myself also.

i will dig deeper for you though, ive been checking for last 2 hrs going through different logs, ip checkers etc, and its coming back brazilian, and theyre buggers because of the internet cafes they all play in .,
just a thought here gaz, before you guys were banning entire internet cafes for less than that. i may suggest that you ban the internet cafe at which this fraud is occuring! just a thought!

Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:22 pm
trace567

I've taken the points of clinton account down to 500, hopefully this will stop it being used and help any mistaken identity. It's not possible for me to delete the account. A number of computers are also on 1000 day bans.

Just want to say quickly that users should not be concerned by this thread. It sounds quite bad by the title but it does not appear that any actual hacking has taken place.

All players should however always keep passwords safely, never give your password out or share accounts as this all raises risks of accounts getting abused. Also passwords should be made that others would not easily guess. This is all just base advice for all users on how to keep your accounts safe.

Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:45 am
judd
Planet

trace567 wrote:
It sounds quite bad by the title but it does not appear that any actual hacking has taken place.

How do you work that out?

When he has even seen someone in the lobby with his stolen account.....

Maybe they just guessed the password, stranger things have happened.

Confused

Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:13 pm
trace567

judd wrote:
trace567 wrote:
It sounds quite bad by the title but it does not appear that any actual hacking has taken place.

How do you work that out?

When he has even seen someone in the lobby with his stolen account.....

Maybe they just guessed the password, stranger things have happened.

Confused

Try having same faith in us Ju. I wouldn't of posted not to worry if there was cause for concern! I'd simply of said nothing.

Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:46 pm
Bill2k06
Ex Moderator

second that trace

Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:21 pm
trace567

trace567 wrote:
I'm in the process of banning several computers. Whilst checking this I have discovered what appears to be mass point passing between some accounts, of which clinton user name has been involved in.

When we have been able to try and figure out exactly whats what will let you know if it may be possible to arrange for the points you had to be restored onto a new user name.

The below user names were all involved in points passing related to this issue.
I banned all computers I could find on the day of this complaint. I have since been watching all accounts involved checking for them coming online again. There has been no further computers spring up for the user names involved.

I left the points for 3 weeks in order to better watch for any new connections, if i took all the points they would have no reason not to simply create a new account, then I would not of known if they had returned.

As no new connections for 3 weeks I have now reduced all below accounts to 1000 points for point passing in multiple games.

weak - 5 games
marcos_maringa 5 games
shadown over 12 games
Bilhonario 2 (with shadown)
wowo 3 games