Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Help and Support Stalling
      All times are GMT  

Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:21 pm
Nilo911
Moon

Post subject: Stalling Reply with quote

I request that a moderator describes what is stalling.

I would like you to emphasize on the prerequisites of a stalling behavior (how many seconds, how often etc.).Thnx in advance.

Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:25 pm
trace567

Post subject: Reply with quote

Nilo why do you need to ask all the time for me info on complaint matters?

Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:44 pm
theunknownamus

"He who asks is a fool for a minute; he who does not ask remains a fool forever." - Chinese Proverb

Questions are good, but please MESSAGE a moderator if you are curious about something. This way, disturbances aren't caused and you can receive accurate feedback on your queires.

Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:15 pm
Nilo911
Moon

trace567 wrote:
Nilo why do you need to ask all the time for me info on complaint matters?

First of all the reasoned I posted this is because I cant find rules for stalling.Secondly I'm not asking you in particular to give info,but any mod that is willing to help.

Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:22 pm
Nilo911
Moon

theunknownamus wrote:

Questions are good, but please MESSAGE a moderator if you are curious about something.
Shocked

If everyone who is posting in the ''Help and Support'' section messaged directly moderators , then mods would have loads of messages to answer. When a question is posted publicly people that may have the same question can find the answer easily without having to message to the moderator about the same topic.

Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:36 pm
theunknownamus

Yes, that's the point of a forum. Laughing What I meant was if you had a particular request then you could msg a mod specificly. Or if you believe the topic could benefit many, put it inside of the same thread to keep it easily located. Smile

Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:11 pm
trace567

stalling basically means deliberately slowing down a game.

In terms of GM this mostly applies to people who are about to lose a game who then deliberately leave the timer to run down rather than roll the dice.
If a player says in chat they will stall (ie. I'm going to make you wait now) etc then this is deliberate stalling.

Sometimes it maybe a player frequently (not just ya nipping to the bathroom, answering the door stuff) but leaving the game repeatedly throughout in order to annoy others.

As I have said repeatedly in the other thread stalling is difficult for moderators to deal with. But if someone is obviously stalling a game in order to annoy others, this is what we are mostly concerned with. Not normal life interruptions.

I cannot give a time or number of seconds, please judge it based on the whole game situation.

Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:43 pm
Kye
Asteroid

Trace, that's a whole lot of bull. My excuses were "normal life experiences" and lost connection and u still banned me. I mean, what's stalling when u already have a timer in the game to regulate that players play on time?

Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:43 pm
trace567

I said "Not normal life interruptions. " ie doorbell, bathroom breaks

INDIRECT: GAME445837 PRACTISE : brb
INDIRECT: GAME445837 PRACTISE : I'm gonna take a shower
INDIRECT: GAME445837 PRACTISE : brb in 4 mins

This was towards the end of a game, totally unacceptable. On discussion in lobby you admitted repeadily doing chores in the middle of games when asked about the large number of brb's and pause requests.

If you believe this is acceptable, then GM certainly is NOT the game for you.

Anymore silly replies where it proves you just don't get it, then I'll save myself and players any further wasted time by applying that 1000 day ban, along with a forum ban. Please don't try pushing your luck any further.

Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:11 am
Kye
Asteroid

Could you please not take my words out of context. I told the other player that I was kidding and she understood it to be a joke. Post the rest of the game log, u prick!

We were joking earlier before I said that. And I did not leave the game one bit. Did u see that?

I have uninstalled the software, so u have nothing to worry about. I'm just worried that you guys will do this to someone else who also enjoys playing the game.

Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:19 am
trace567

I read the whole log. I also was present on asking you about these brb's and pause breaks. So were a number of users in the lobby. Also they were present on me asking if you were going to change your ways. You replied no, hence the first ban. Also it's all in the chat logs, believe me. All the evidence needed.

Your out of chances now, so goodbye.