Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Help and Support Question
      All times are GMT  

Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:00 pm
Nilo911
Moon

Post subject: Question Reply with quote

I havent understood some rules regarding cheat trade.
Specificly what are the ''grey'' area.Is there a chance some1 be banned even if he traded a property for its base price?

I have looked the forum threads and couldnt find something about this.

I request a mob to share his wisdom with me Smile

Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:25 pm
trace567

Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope this helps, it's my personal way of thinking, so others may use a slightly different way but still come to same conclusion.

I divide a trade into 3 check list sections. They are in order of importance.

1) Benefit - clear benefit to both players (does not have to be equal, but clearly there) This is the MOST IMPORTANT trading rule.

2) Advancing - Probablity, likelyhood that the trade "could" advance both players within the game. So basically help to improve their chance of a higher end position.

3) Base value of property - This is prior to EC. Base value is the least important. Provided the trade meets the above 2 critera this one does not have to be met always.

Borderline/grey area trades generally speaking are any trade thats missing 2) Advancing, or not clearly advancing both players. But meets 1) benefit and 3) base value

Decisions are not based on the actual end rank a player ends in. It is purely from what the situation of the game is at time of trade.

Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:16 pm
Nilo911
Moon

Quote:
3) Base value of property - This is prior to EC.

Does that mean that the trades that are made at base value are considered non-cheat trades?

Im got prety confused after reading this thread: http://www.galacticmag.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4280

Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:34 pm
trace567

Provided 1) Benefit 2) advancing are definitely there then base value is not always necessary.

Base value is a guide really, try not to go below base value wherever possible prior to ec.

The issue with that thread is over dark blue. Which is a difficult set as base value is the same as credit value.

If you want to be sure to never get into trouble on trading I personally recommend this.
I say try and pay what you can reasonably and sensibly afford. Don't be either greedy (wanting too much for something),or being too tight on amount you are prepared to spend to buy. Now this is NOT the rules, this is me speaking personally. If you play this way you are less likely to get in trouble on trades.

Ask yourself would you like to recieve the trade you are about to offer, If your answer is no, I suggest not sending it.

I find if you send a good sound trade offer it will be accepted more quickly, which can be helpful. (Again this is me speaking, not the rules).

Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:48 pm
Nilo911
Moon

Thank you for your time Trace.