Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Galactic Magnate General Discussion a simple, fair, yes or no question for the moderators
      All times are GMT  

Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:03 am
HHHfan
Moon

Post subject: a simple, fair, yes or no question for the moderators Reply with quote

trace and/or sim,

do you expect us to believe, that someone as smart as the creator of this game, who must be a genius, made a rule, that he expected, couldn't, shouldn't, or in fact wouldn't be enforced?? that's my question plain and simple.

for perspective, im only half as smart as kreso, that is i own two complex chess variants, but dont have the know how to put it on a computer. i can tell you as for myself, i would never have put a rule into either of my games, that i didnt expect could be followed! im in a unique position to understand this!

Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:11 am
CANON
Ex Moderator

Post subject: Reply with quote

Que?

Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:29 am
sim5
Planet

sim5 wrote:

just make sure if u dont bid after opening card even if its disadvantage to u giving other person cheap or u know ur almost out can ruin others game hence can be classified as a cheat move

its not hard to understand Shocked

No expectations, no disappointments.

Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:29 pm
HHHfan
Moon

ya sim, that would be easy to understand... however, thats not what rule b) says at all. in fact, i dont see that rule anywhere execpt there what u just wrote, and obviously wrote before, but thats not what kresos rule says. kreso's rule simply says its a cheat not to bid a property up dispite it being an obvious disadvantage, nowhere does it say its only illegal if ur losing, only u said that. i think kresos rule is easy to understand, you changed the wording completely to fit what u wanted it to.

im sorry, but im to good at reading comprehension to be fooled by word play. the rule reads one way, and u just wrote something completely different and said that was the rule. nice try! Laughing

Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:04 pm
sim5
Planet

thats what i said
if u will not bid after opening card despite that being obviously disadvantage for u or u know ur almost out of the game & open cards just to ruin others game can be classified as a cheat move

No expectations, no disappointments.

Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:07 pm
trace567

Whatever I said in the other thread is my answer, sorry but not gonna waste my time going over it all again and again. Plus I'm no longer working as a moderator as such.

Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:26 pm
HHHfan
Moon

sim5 wrote:
thats what i said
if u will not bid after opening card despite that being obviously disadvantage for u or u know ur almost out of the game & open cards just to ruin others game can be classified as a cheat move
THANK YOU!! this is the most broken rule in this game, and the most underlooked. finally someone admits it! that is half of what i wanted! the other half is simply to see this rule enforced! i have never saw it enforced before, but always figured if there wasnt a rule against it, there should be. now we all can finally agree that there IS a rule against it! so.... pretty please with SUGAR AND STRAWBERRIES on top, ENFORCE THIS RULE!!!

Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:36 pm
trace567

Sorry HHHfan, but the rule will NEVER be enforced alone. It will only be used to help combat teaming, for which more extensive checks are made.

Sim may have lead you to believe otherwise. But the fact is the rule is only there to guide people on when to report, on auctions this directly relates to team play, which as I have said before requires more checks before being ruled upon.

Please drop this subject now, you are at a dead end with it.

Kreso may have stated the rule of which is misleading. But I can assure you kreso never meant for this rule to be used without further evidence of team play as there can be many factors involved in why a player chooses to auction another's property.

Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:25 pm
HHHfan
Moon

im sorry trace, i was gonna let your statement speak for itself, but i cant.

look, there is rule a) regarding cheat trading; and rule b) regarding not bidding on auctions despite being an obvious disadvantage! NO PLACE does it say that these two have to be done in conjunction with each other to be a cheat, only one or the other are cheats! i dont see your logic, or reasoning. the rules are so simple a grade school student should be able to figure it out, which is im sure how it was intended, but you insist he wrote cryptic rules that mislead?

you may not even realize it, but it is u, who is misleading people, the rules are black and white, written very simply so everyone could understand them! you guys added the whole they have to be done together thing yourselves!

Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:29 pm
trace567

Sigh

End of the day you will not see any change in how complaints are done regarding auctions, so whatever you want to take from this or believe is irrelevant.

Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:45 am
Fort
Planet

@HHHFan, , u might remember i was once a mod. And being so i had seen all the data that is available to mods for checking. Without going into details, let me assure you that there isnt enough data captured to conclusive rule on auctions. Kreso's system is not providing for such examination. Now if you really want those rules to be enforced then then you might have to talk to kreso. And remember mods are not paid for their hard work. So it might be better to be little polite to them.

Having said that, i do agree , in part , to your statement that decisions have been more inconsistent in past 1 yr. But then mods are human and they are bound to rule differently.

Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:49 am
HHHfan
Moon

thank you fort, that was all anybody ever had to do was say that the feature to keep track of bidding was never made. NOW it all makes sense. so, not withstanding that nobody happened to mention that to me earlier, i issue my deepest apology for my ignorance.

im not saying i dont think the feature should be put in, it certainly should, a big oversite by the creator indeed, but accidents happen, especially in something this complex. but, atm, there is obviously nothing that can be done about it.

NOW you dont look bad, everyone includeing myself, can understand the dilemma now.