Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Report cheaters, and other complaints On the ever changing rules
      All times are GMT  
Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Which trade is worse? Or even a cheat ? Two Blues cheap for credit, or two purples cheap for upgrade?
Two blues for 400. At -200 EC, credit is more important than income?
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
Two purples (making the set)for 1000. Making a set of purples is almost as good as making greens, and they are a LOT cheaper to upgrade
75%
 75%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 8

Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:02 pm
sim5
Planet

Post subject: Reply with quote

buddy there is no fixed price for any card whatsoever, everything depends what the situation demands

about pink trade again it gave both player advantage to improve their position from what they were before trade
if others were effected directly from that trade its not their concern

about blue trade i already gave u an example
so i hope u will understand now or still if u want to ask anything please feel free to ask me & clear ur doubt when u see me in lobby

gl mate
cheers & have fun

No expectations, no disappointments.

Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:22 pm
aussie
Ex Moderator

about prices changing when certain situations exists ...well therein lies the problem...i

atm you guys are giving off a very distorted view of what constitutes a good trade

one day a particular trade is fair ..next day its a cheat

be consistent ..........be it right or wrong...but for goodness sake be consistent

p.s yiles asked to speak with you sim when he saw you in the lobby but you fobbed him off

Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:30 pm
Yiles
Moon

Hey it's all good- you are just making more work for yourselves as mods- cause people now will think two purples for 1000 is ok-

Enjoy the increased cheat trade complaints

thanks gl mate

Bruce Lee wrote:
“When the opponent expands, l contract. When he contracts, l expand. And when there is an opportunity...l do not hit...it hits all by itself”

Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:55 pm
judd
Planet

my interpretation is

before ec no trade should be conducted at below face value

after ec, prices can become lower

the essence of a good trade is for the trading parties to both benefit from the transaction to better their position in the game being played

Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:05 pm
sim5
Planet

i think all mods have given their enough time to explain what is a fair trade & what is a cheat trade
both judgement were good & 100% correct & will not be change at all
end.

No expectations, no disappointments.

Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:25 pm
Yiles
Moon

So Judd-

in your opinion which trade is worse?

I understand you are Sim's friend, but I want to hear you say it

Bruce Lee wrote:
“When the opponent expands, l contract. When he contracts, l expand. And when there is an opportunity...l do not hit...it hits all by itself”

Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:54 pm
trace567

Yiles...few questions for you...

1) why are you trying to bring about such unrest within GM? Are you seeking an unmoderated game so you can go back to trading how you like?
http://www.galacticmag.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3076
Yiles (elvishasentered) selling 3 purple for 900! With start at 90!!!!

http://www.galacticmag.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3209
Selling 3 green for 1400 at start +50

2) Why are you attempting to get the rules altered? Is this to confuse players more so and cause a bigger number of cheat complaints?

In the past you have been involved in a number of below base value trades, and at those times you felt the trades were fair, and you argued each and every point reduction. You didn't understand the rules back then when they were simple - Benefit, advancing (2 easy words) yet you couldn't even figure them out.
But now you are attempting to create pure chaos here, by wanting lengthy complicated rules that will result in mass confusion, only you couldn't understand the simple rules.

I already see it happening, you have spent hours discussing in the lobby at length rallying round as many people you can to come support your cause. But hang on one second, you have performed trades that have penalized on several occasions. You clearly had no understanding of the rules, yet now you believe you are the professor of GM and that you and your army recruits will attempt to create a GM revolution. But at what cost I ask?

Lets start right at the jugular, mods don't do this for fun. Mods don't get paid. Bill2k06 already pretty much left. We are down to Sim, Matt (still learning the ropes) and Me. But I am not prepared to continue to give away my life to a pack of angry wolves who will turn on us at will.
I also recommend the remaining mods, Sim and Matt take the same view. If we are not wanted here, if Kreso's rules are not adequate for you all, then I strongly believe moderators should stop wasting there time and energy on a game where their work will only ever get questioned. However nobody seems to feel it necessary to try and bring Kreso here so he personally can explain HIS RULES.

In his absence myself, bill, sim and all mods of past have tried their damn hardest to try to keep GM clean, and as fair as we can without imposing a massive list of rules.

If you are unhappy with kreso's rules, or how either myself or other moderators are interpreting them, I suggest you all start emailing Kreso to get his **** back here to deal with your disputes.

In the mean time some reading material for you all...

http://www.galacticmag.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3247
http://www.galacticmag.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3249
http://www.galacticmag.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3405
Below base value green trade during ec

Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:17 pm
Yiles
Moon

Yes Trace-

I made bad trades in the past- when I was a noob.

Bill corrected me (severely)- and not only did I come around and understand his points, we became civil again.

I am going by Bill rules here, and I am not trying to cause "unrest"- I just know how Bill penalized me and I want the game to be consistent.

Thanks for posting my past mistakes though, for all noobs this is NOT how you play.

I think you'll find that I'm a much better player these days

Bruce Lee wrote:

Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:51 pm
trace567

Unfortunately you have been rather mistaken. Bill did place a rule regarding base value (PRIOR TO EC) and that after EC property values are whatever you can get for them (provided the trade is beneficial and advancing both players). Secondly he also did not set this base value prior to EC in stone, because it is NOT ALWAYS necessary. There was a game once, this too was over pink/purple, prior to EC but close. A player sold below base, I personally and privately asked him to check the trade I was in the game (it never appeared here as it was NOT A CHEAT TRADE). The player sold below base but as it was a good trade to him and to the other person it was ALLOWABLE.

You seem to be totally confusing the difference between ALLOWABLE TRADES by the rules, and MORALLY UNFAIR trading with CHEAT TRADES. On many occasions you have been a part of both of the above trades. So I find quite absurd that you are the one leading the pack of wolves trying to destroy order here.

You are demanding fairness in games you are appart of. However you do not appear to have played fairly yourself.

How many times have you bidded on auctions (when others auction their properties) and others have limited funds to bid? How many times have you been involved in the sending of cheat or lopsided trading yourself? How many times have you been issued a point reduction for cheat trades? How many times have you accused innocent players of teaming? How many times have you been rude to members of the GM community? How many times have you complained about moderators rulings when we removed your points? ALWAYS How many times when we have ruled your complaint as ALLOWABLE BY THE RULES have you disputed this?

When you were a noob as you put it you took part in bad trades, which to me implies you were incapable of understanding the rules at that time. But now you want a more difficult set of rules for these "noobs" to abide by in order to stamp out cheaters (take note this is only when you are the one cheated on, and not when you are the one cheating them). How very strange, you expect them to understand all this, when you couldn't even understand before, or you did understand but were not capable of applying it to your own trading.

Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:56 pm
XCITE
Asteroid

Good grief people, did all your drinks get spiked over the weekend?

Worlds only ending in 2012, not now so Chill!

Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:07 pm
Yiles
Moon

You can point the finger at me all you want.

Those trades by me that you posted was when I didn't understand the rules.

Bill's rules.

You are the one that is mistaken, if you think 1000 for two purples is fair. Apparently most people agree with me, according to the poll.

I may have been a part of all kinds of trades, but it is quite funny that two similar trades are ruled on totally differently, apparently because I was the one to make the complaint. I think most people who've played with me would say I play a fair game, but hey- I've made enemies too, apparently you are one of them now.

As far as how I play- auctioning other 's props... so what? That happens every day- happens to me as well. For you to try to use this against me as an argument only shows that you have no better argument. This is a moot point, since I've played with the best players here, and they've had no problem with how I've played... until you now want to bring up stuff when I first started playing. Well done. You want me to bring stuff up too? I don't think so

If you have a problem with experienced players raising complaints...oh wait yeah, you shot down Helen, a former mod... nevermind

I love how you say "I want a more difficult set of rules for noobs to understand"- that is totally ironic, I've been arguing because that's what you are doing. Unbelievable.

You can now call me a cheater all you want, but in the end- truth speaks for itself. Very disappointing, to say the least.

Have a nice day

Bruce Lee wrote:

Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:23 pm
Yiles
Moon

Quote:
and that after EC property values are whatever you can get for them

LOL

Bruce Lee wrote:

Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:27 pm
theunknownamus

sigh... I dont know if locking this would calm people down or just raise another post/poll. I think it should but I'm 2nd guessing myself now.

GM is on the brink of Anarchy, I don't want to see that happen as all Hell would break loose. Who knows what the heck would happen? GM would probably fall apart. We need to support each other not bring each other down. Please everyone, just let this go for the sake of all of us.

Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:37 pm
trace567

Josh it happened before. There were NO MODERATORS at all for a while.

There were many cheat trades and no punishments, a great deal of abuse in games and lobby. There was no help for any player on GM at all. This happened approx between September and December/January last year.

Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:37 pm
Yiles
Moon

Not until she apologizes for trying to impugn my integrity.

If you want to bring stuff up, I am more than willing- that's dirty pool, and I can play that game too

Bruce Lee wrote:
Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next